Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Sticky in the Pinch... did I kill my SH28?

Front diff let go today, Instead of draining out the fuel, I decided to burn it up with the wheels off the ground, mostly idling, temps were below 250.
    I have maybe 3 or 4 tanks of Byrons left and am depreate to use it up to run Team Losis Nitrotane I have sitting here.
    I did a few 3/4 throttle blast to clear it occasionally, upon one of these times it just died upon initiat throttle application, restarted it, gave here some juice, she revved about 1/2 way and bep shut off, wouldnt refire, sounded off.
    So I checked glow plug, lasty coil and a half arnt burning, change it. Does the same thing wont fire, sounds off.
    So I manually turn the engine, the pinch is there, but its seems to bind just before or after tdc?
    I plan to tear it down and see whats up, but have any of you had simalar failures? Enigine has one gallon on it.
    HPI Savage: STS 28 ~ HPI buggy style cvds ~ HPI ribbed pipe ~ Losi Zombie rubber + much more..

\"Savage is as Savage does!\"

RE: Sticky in the Pinch... did I kill my SH28?

Ya, I had a customers engine fail like that, he was doing the same thing kept hammering with the wheels off the ground and he stretched the con rod pin holes, the engine would bind a little at one point just after or before TDC.
    Dealer for..Redcat, Traxxas, Associated, Cen, Racers Edge, RD Logic, Losi, HPI, E-flight, Himoto, Venom, Heli-Max, O.S...etc

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Guess its time for an STS.

I wasnt really hammering it per say, but alas it failed.

What can I do to prevent this in the future? Or is it just an SH engine prob?
    HPI Savage: STS 28 ~ HPI buggy style cvds ~ HPI ribbed pipe ~ Losi Zombie rubber + much more..

don't hold the wheels off the ground and WOT the throttle. Makes the engine run with out tension(someone anyone a better way of saying that).
    Dealer for..Redcat, Traxxas, Associated, Cen, Racers Edge, RD Logic, Losi, HPI, E-flight, Himoto, Venom, Heli-Max, O.S...etc

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I know what you mean, not under load.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

It's basically the same as putting your car in neutral and slamming the throttle to the floor.....give it a minute or so and BANG, you've blown an engine. That's what the tranny is for.

Still having a blast with my VolcanoSV and HurricaneXP.
    oh, and I ran slap into a manhole beside the street yesterday and did ZERO damage to to my XP!

LMAO, that's what I was searching for, underload, lol, Ya gotta give the 1/8th scales props, they take a licking and keep on ticking.