Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Servo going out?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2007, 06:56 PM
jdm_k20

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Servo going out?

I ran my Tornado BB last night and found something wrong. I was running it for about 10 minutes and then the throttle starts to mess up. I give it gas and the car, nor the throttle arm will not move. the steering was working fine, but the throttle has something wrong with it. I put fresh batteries in the car and remote today and still have the same problem, I will run the car and the throttle will keep going out. Any one know if the servo is going bad?
Old 07-13-2007, 07:14 PM
AllAboutFunHobbies

Default RE: Servo going out?

It's quite possible that the servo is going out. Check the wires and make sure there not rubbed in a spot and bare, check to make sure that the wires are plug into the reciever snuggly and not bouncing around in the hole. Flip flop the throttle servo for the steering servo (do it at the reciever with out taking the servos off the car) and see if the steering servo stops working in the throttle position on the reciever.
Old 07-13-2007, 08:41 PM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

a few of mine did the same thing, it ended up being the transmitter, there is a messed up wire inside, i couldnt get it to work consistent when i took it apart so in the trash it went!!!!
Old 07-14-2007, 12:33 AM
jdm_k20

Well I messed with it earlier to check for loose wires and accidently pulled a wire from the bottom of the servo. I hope thats the problem because now I have to buy a new one lol.
Old 07-14-2007, 06:24 PM
AllAboutFunHobbies

LOL, well if it wasn't it is now, lol.
Old 07-14-2007, 07:01 PM
jdm_k20

Well I was looking for one on ebay for cheap and I don't know if a new one has to be the exact same from Redcat? One I found was cheap and looks the same as my old one. OFNA MBX ULTRA LX STEERING THROTTLE SERVO SX-0001 is the one im looking at. Would it work or do i need to buy one from Redcat?
Old 07-14-2007, 08:38 PM
AllAboutFunHobbies

Ya pretty much any servo will work as long as it's not a micro or mini servo. That servo your looking at is a pretty good servo, way better than the redcat servos.
Old 07-14-2007, 08:46 PM
jdm_k20

Then that one it is. Hopefully thats whats wrong. Thanks for your help!
Old 07-14-2007, 08:53 PM
AllAboutFunHobbies

While your waiting use the servo that's not borken to finish checking to see if it's the radio or not, plug it into the two different positions on the reciever and see if it works in both positions. The only thing that can actaully hinder using that servo is if it's a futaba style servo horn, I think they are smaller where the servo horn hooks on. Do you have a link for the servo. Ya might want to email the seller and ask him what style servo horn it is. But if he doesn't know, you can get a futaba servo horn cheap enough from your LHS, if not let me know I have futaba horns laying all over and I can send you one if it is a Futaba style horn.
Old 07-14-2007, 10:01 PM
jdm_k20

Well the throttle only stopped working when i actually ran the car. After I turned it off it worked fine, so im not sure if I will be able to check the steering, but I will try. I sent the guy a message about which horn it uses, if it's smaller I might just try to find a different servo. Here is the link to it. http://cgi.ebay.com/BRAND-NEW-OFNA-S...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 07-14-2007, 10:31 PM
AllAboutFunHobbies

Oh ya know what, it could be the plug is loose, I've had cars doing that where one servo would go out only when it's running, the plug might be shaking on the reciever pins.
Old 07-14-2007, 11:45 PM
jdm_k20

When i changed the batteries, I also checked the plug to make sure it wasn't comming lose or hanging out or something. I made sure it was on there good, but still did the same thing when i ran it again. I sure hope it wasn't something as simple as that lol i'd feel pretty stupid [:@]