Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Blued Clutch Bell

Hey I took out my car today and when i got back I noticed that my clutch bell got very hot started to blue because or the heat. I have a 2007 model tornado XL that is completely stock, except for the Throttle Linkage setup. I was wondering if anyone knew the cause of this and how do I fix it?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Blued Clutch Bell

OMG you got blue bells[X(] if you are gradually giving your car gas it is not uncommon to turn the clutch bell blue. But also at the same time your burning up the clutch[] when your ready to go GOdon't piddle around about it[:-]and your clutch will last a lot longer
    Custom Cars bring out the stars / Home of the RCLYNX, RC IMPROVEMENT, MOD, SALES & SERVICE Dealer;XTM, CEN, HPI & much more

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

mines does same thing. Its ok. Its a teflon clutch so its not wearing too bad.

this is also a problem sometimes when the idle is too fast and the clutch is trying to engage.
    Cen truggy, Bigfoot 1/5th, Cen buggy, Mg16, Redcat Earthquake, Redcat Drifter

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ok thanks. By the way clermont thank you for the parts, very fast shipping.

Dennis is the MAN!!!
    125 characters and 2 lines is not enough to list my RC obsession!!!

no prob. thank you.
    Cen truggy, Bigfoot 1/5th, Cen buggy, Mg16, Redcat Earthquake, Redcat Drifter

The clutch bells blue from the heat because there not hardened steel, they're mild steel. The bluing won't hurt anything.
    Dealer for..Redcat, Traxxas, Associated, Cen, Racers Edge, RD Logic, Losi, HPI, E-flight, Himoto, Venom, Heli-Max, O.S...etc

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The blue on mild steel indicates that its curing to a temper, uneven heat creates hot spots, hot spots create slipping..............yea sure there is not a thing wrong with the blue, you could make it look better and paint flames on it to. There all going to turn blue a little and a lot less if the clutch works right and you drive it properly........................and I'm getting tired of pee in my corn flakes[>:]
    Custom Cars bring out the stars / Home of the RCLYNX, RC IMPROVEMENT, MOD, SALES & SERVICE Dealer;XTM, CEN, HPI & much more

You have pee in corn flakes, that's gross [:'(]
    Dealer for..Redcat, Traxxas, Associated, Cen, Racers Edge, RD Logic, Losi, HPI, E-flight, Himoto, Venom, Heli-Max, O.S...etc

Sorry I guess I should have elaberated on that.
    How did you get pee in your corn flakes, that's gross[:'(]