Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Just ordered an Avalanche!

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2007, 02:45 AM
Defmeq

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just ordered an Avalanche!

HI guys, im new here and just wanted to send out a friendly greeting. I'm pretty much a complete beginner in the world of nitro R/C so i was very happy to see a forum here just for the Redcat procducts, as i will probably be asking for advise on a frequent basis. I've had a few 9.6volt rc cars and i had a blast with them over the years but now i wanna get serious. I did quite a bit of research and it seems Redcat makes good trucks and there prices are hard to argue with. My buddy just bought a 500 dollar Team Losi and i got a chance to play with it quite a bit and im in love. I didnt want to spend quite that much though and i feel im getting a pretty good deal with the Avalanche. I looked around a little and didn't see anyone else that had an Avalanche but if you do I'd like to hear from ya. I live in the bloomington / Normal area in Illinoise, me and my buddy would love to find some people around here that get together and play with these.

Defm~

P.S. almost forgot to ask, the whole controller thing kinda has me confused. I know there are several very nice models but i might be lookin into a fairly cheap replacemnt for the one that comes with my Avalanche. I've heard that they are not the greatest and would hate to have my truck decide to take off on its own. If anyone knows a certain model that might fit my needs offhand I'd really appriciate the advice.
Old 07-14-2007, 12:35 PM
123michael

Default RE: Just ordered an Avalanche!

great glad to see your in love with nitro cars because i am i just cant get enough of them tho.i bought a acoms for mine for £35.00 witch is $70 and its brill and dosent glitch however we would like to know what you want pistol grip or aroplane transmitter(stick).so how much are you willing to spend on the remote reciever and transmitter?you may want the servos strong you may want them fast just tell us and we will find oh and WELCOME TO REDCAT FORUM!! LOL
Old 07-14-2007, 06:22 PM
AllAboutFunHobbies

Airtronics makes a decent radio for about $50 or so dollars it's the Blazer Sport DR, comes with two servos, Micro Reciever and transmiter, very nice radio for the price. Then there's futaba. To help with Runaway problems you can put a Failsafe on the reciever. The fail safe is plugged in between the throttle servo and the reciever. Basically it monitors battery voltage and radio reception, if the voltage gets to low in the reciever it puts the brakes on, if the radio glitches or you get out of radio range the fail safe puts the brakes on and stops the car. Fail safes range anywhere from $15 to $40 depending on the options you want, some have sound and buzz when there's a problem, some have temp probes included with them.
Old 07-14-2007, 08:02 PM
Chubbysdad
My Feedback: (1)

correction, the failsafe goes between the throttle servo not the steering servo lol.
Old 07-14-2007, 08:35 PM
AllAboutFunHobbies

Oh yes thank you. Sorry about that.
Old 07-16-2007, 01:33 PM
Defmeq

Thanks a bunch guys! Your info is extremely helpful! The failsafe sounds like an essential part, one of my biggest fears is watchin the thing take off by itself and plow into a wall. I will definately get one of these. You guys rock and I look foward to being an active member of this community!

Defm~
Old 07-16-2007, 05:26 PM
allenthen831

hey you can get a failsafe from ebay ehroof and i have one of these and ask him yourself they work great suprasales has fast shipping made an order on monday recieved it on wednesday fast shipping heres the link

http://cgi.ebay.com/NIB-Mini-Failsaf...QQcmdZViewItem