Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

new to nitro awnsers please

Old 07-17-2007, 02:57 PM
DS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new to nitro awnsers please

just ordered a tornado bb. i hope i picked the right chioce. i will start racing on sundays. but do think that the tornado is a good buggie i read the article on it is it good? also can you list the pros and cons of it.and is it worth the many. last can you give me tips and suggestions please. thanks, derek
Old 07-17-2007, 04:07 PM
giddyuperic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: new to nitro awnsers please

Are you racing 1/10 th scale? And is the class for 2wd or 4wd? Make sure of these things at your local track, some only run 2wd and only 1/10 scale or 1/8 scale. You do know that you bought a 1/10 th scale buggy right? And yes it is a good starter buggy you might want to change the stering servo. And later on you might want to put a roto start on it so you can get rid of the pull starter. Good luck and welcome to the hobby and enjoy.
Old 07-17-2007, 06:14 PM
AllAboutFunHobbies

If your track only runs 2 wheel drive they might let you get away with pulling your front drive shafts, some of the tracks here that run 2 wheel drive will allow you to pull your front wheel and front center drive shafts.
Old 07-17-2007, 08:45 PM
DS

1/10 class 4wd and bashing ,mostly for racing at this guys house anything goes i pretty sure. before i bought this i raced my mini and and got beat by ofna buggies but could beat them in the turns. at his house. so i made a good choice!