Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Fried Servo!!

iv barely had it for 24hours, barely 2 hrs driving it and the servo fried. normal driving no big wrecks at all, steering quit then smoke started coming out of the steering servo. throttle servo is fine. checked batteries with a voltage meter and they are fully charged. This has gotta be covered by the warrenty. Gunna call them monday morning and see what i gotta do to get a new servo. anyone ever have this happen so quick? its gotta be a lemon servo

Defm~

RE: Fried Servo!!

Ya, it only takes one small piece of metal dust or have a wire come off the circuit board and short out on the circuit board or the wire next to it. It happens some times, vibration from the engine or a bad solder as it goes through assembly could be a host of any reasons it shorted out.
    Dealer for..Redcat, Traxxas, Associated, Cen, Racers Edge, RD Logic, Losi, HPI, E-flight, Himoto, Venom, Heli-Max, O.S...etc

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

had it happen two days after i got it the throttle servo replaced with futabo still cant get it right
    compulsive buyers end up with redcat ):

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

upgrade the servo bro, you can get a decent futaba for like $10. Most rtr vehicles have crappy electronics in them.
    125 characters and 2 lines is not enough to list my RC obsession!!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ehroof is 100% right. pay attention to what you buy though...........the throttle is different than the steering servo

Oh and on my distributor sheet one of the brands I sell now have FM 3 channel 10 model memory radios OEM[sm=75_75.gif]
    Custom Cars bring out the stars / Home of the RCLYNX, RC IMPROVEMENT, MOD, SALES & SERVICE Dealer;XTM, CEN, HPI & much more