Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

IM BACK

Old 07-21-2007, 11:07 PM
zack221

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IM BACK

Hey guys some people may remember me but anyways i got a few questions.I am gonna buy a tornado xl but i have a couple questions.

1.Will the HPI MT2 steering arm fit on this car like it did on my old volcano stx if they do fit what bearings do i need to get i forgot which ones i need?

2.Does this car still need the savage clutchbell or did redcat fix it?

3.Do i still need the traxxas 4146x clutch spring or did redcat fix that to?

4.Is there anything else i need to upgrade on this car when i get it I am gonna get a HITEC 645mg metal gear steering servo.
Old 07-21-2007, 11:34 PM
bluecaka69

Default RE: IM BACK

what up Zack
I think redcat fixed the problems with the bell and spring as for the steering arm it should be the same as the old volcano stx I dont think they changed that
Old 07-22-2007, 05:16 PM
zack221

Ok i will probably order it wednesday or so.Dennis how come you dont have any tornado xl's on your website?
Old 07-23-2007, 01:23 AM
zack221

Hey bluecaka do you know when they changed the clutchbells and stuff.I found a shockwave and bb on here so i offered the guy what he wanted so hopefully he will accept.The cars that he has is the ones they used for the review on here so im thinking they have the old clutchbells on them.Do the 2 speeds still strip gears?Sorry man for all the questions i havent been on here in a long time so im not up to date on this stuff.
Old 07-23-2007, 08:13 AM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Zack, that review was fairly recent so i would think it has the upgraded clutch bells, the single speed for sure does, the 2 speeds they have been sending out with the clutch bell for the new owner to install. The spring and shoes dont seem to be an issue anymore.
Old 07-23-2007, 11:30 AM
webdr

Zach,
I Pm'ed you with the answer to your questions and Ill post here so others can see. The Tornado BB and the Shockwave do have the steel clutch bells. Enjoy your new Redcats, Im sure you will love them, especially the Tornado, its pretty quick and has great suspension!
Matt
Old 07-23-2007, 01:21 PM
DS

myn should be here tommorrow tornado bb green and purple baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
Old 07-23-2007, 03:37 PM
zack221

ORIGINAL: webdr

Zach,
I Pm'ed you with the answer to your questions and Ill post here so others can see. The Tornado BB and the Shockwave do have the steel clutch bells. Enjoy your new Redcats, Im sure you will love them, especially the Tornado, its pretty quick and has great suspension!
Matt
Ok thanks the check is in the mail.
Old 07-23-2007, 03:38 PM
zack221

ORIGINAL: ehroof

Hey Zack, that review was fairly recent so i would think it has the upgraded clutch bells, the single speed for sure does, the 2 speeds they have been sending out with the clutch bell for the new owner to install. The spring and shoes dont seem to be an issue anymore.
Ok good so u dont have to change the springs on these things anymore.