Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Not happy with my Redcat dealer

Old 07-22-2007, 02:48 PM
G*Man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Not happy with my Redcat dealer

I really dont want this to come off as a "I hate Redcat" post, because I truly believe their 1/8th products are decent value.

That said the support I received was horrible.

I bought my Hurricane Pro mid April of this year, within 6 tanks, my steering servo died.

I halfway expected this due the cheesy electronics that were a known issue, one bad servo no big deal I figured.

Well it took my Redcat dealer 2.5 + Months to send me the correct servo!!!

And not under warranty either I might add, he charged me $10 for the damn thing!

Its not that I didnt have access to another servo locally, the point is this shouldve been a non issue.

For a company and their dealer to take 2.5 months to figure what servo is what and actually send it is terrible.

My Redcat now sits in peices as I goofed and killed the SH28 con rod, thats not their fault.

I could do an ERP exchange, if they ever get the SH28 in stock

By the time I do the exchange Id be in the same ballpark if not more money than a new STS or Axial that would be here in half the time without having to send in an engine. Nevermind waiting for it to be in stock.

IMHO between the 1/10 scale CB nightmare and the other issues Ive read on here they are a sinking ship that cant keep their heads above water.

Maybe one day they will emerge from this mess, but until then Im staying away.
Old 07-22-2007, 03:41 PM
webdr

Default RE: Not happy with my Redcat dealer

Wow, thats hardcore..

Who is your redcat dealer? Why did you accept defeat and not call redcat customer support, or did you?

Personally, I would have called redcat instead of dealing with a local dealer.
Old 07-22-2007, 05:44 PM
G*Man

I shouldve made this clear: Its not Clermont or AAFH or any Dealer who frequents these forums.

I found this dealer on Ebay: JEMS Marketing

Ive been dealing directly with the seller because: Redcat will not ship with USPS to Canada and I refuse to pay the $40 Brokerage(per package) fee UPS charges.

Also the local dealer is telling me how Redcat isnt giving him the proper info/parts after Ive paid him, so I was kinda stuck dealing with this dealer.

The limited contact I have made directly to Redcat (live support) they dont know anything. Asked when the SH28 would be in stock 3 weeks ago, Reply was: "Next Week maybe?" that was 3 weeks ago

My patience and wearwithall is worn out, Redcat and their dealer have lost me as return customer.
Old 07-22-2007, 08:54 PM
skrotch

I recently got a Tornado EPX which is the electric version and the ESC went out after less than two weeks and probably about an hour of run time and I can't get a clear answer from them if they will help me out at all. I have talked to someone at Redcat twice got no answers and have emailed twice, with no response yet!
Old 07-23-2007, 09:21 AM
{GBI}Harryball

Sorry to hear that guys, I really dont know what to say. Its seems to me that every time one of my other nitros goes down, I can pull out one of the recats and continue to have fun. When others are breaking parts, mine just keep going and going. I have two tornados one is an xp and the other a BB, a volcano SV and these three are hard to kill. Check with Wade over at allaboutfun to see his shipping policy. He is a stand up guy, so if you did have warrenty quesitons Im sure he will be able to answere them.
Old 07-23-2007, 03:31 PM
Defmeq

Man i feel your pain here, im just starting to deal with this exact problem but i havent had any trouble with gettin my part because i just called redcat about it today. My avalanche showed up last friday and the steering servo fried on saturday. I called redcat and i talked to a helpful guy that worked there. he said he would contact the ebay seller that i got it from and most likely have them ship it to me. When i asked if it would be here by this friday he said it would probably be here sooner. I just hope it works out that good. But it kinda worries me about this servo issue. Even if they do send me a brand new one for free will i have to ask them for another one two days later? Btw i got mine from http://myworld.ebay.com/cmyers8cindy/ this ebay seller has been very helpful so far.

Defm~
Old 07-23-2007, 04:05 PM
skrotch

That is who I got my Volcano SV from. The guy tried to tell me my Volcano was a two speed and when I told him that it was not, he got very defensive and told me that I was wrong and that it was a two speed and not to question him because he knows his product! When I asked about parts that I could get from him, he told me to go to Redcat and look for parts and prices and let him know and he would get back to me and give me a better deal than they would and when I told him what I wanted, he got back to me almost 3 days later and then told me to give him part #'s and he would get back to me. I never went back to him for anything. I will go to Clermont or AAFH for any of my future needs.
Old 01-04-2008, 12:01 PM
ranger4x4

uh oh i'm waiting to recieve my volcano sv from jemsmarketing off ebay. something tells me this cant be good.wish i could get my money back and go to clermont.
Old 01-04-2008, 01:43 PM
zeen420
Banned

I got mine from E-bay, they shipped it to Ontario from Miami FL, paid 188$ for everything plus it came with starter kit and extra body unpainted, Haven't broke it in yet tho.
Old 01-04-2008, 06:13 PM
bjack29

i would not order from redcat direct i have been waiting to weeks for parts they arrived but some parts came and some parts didnt even got parts i didnt order cant get anyone to talk to about this probelm
Old 01-04-2008, 06:39 PM
Redcat Nick

What is the problem sen me a pm. I will do my best to remedy the problem.
Old 01-04-2008, 08:14 PM
rc_crazy21

Sorry to hear of the troubles from e-bay, you can also look at tri_county_racing on e-bay for part needs!
Old 01-04-2008, 09:27 PM
BaSh_2_tHa_mAxX
My Feedback: (1)

My ebay dealer for HSP which has the same vehicles as redcat has been pretty good thus far, out of the box the fuel tank was cracked he offered to post me a new one but i went and picked it up from him locally. However my hsp starter glow igniter crapped out after 1 day (which is the same as the redcat one just rebadged)
Old 01-04-2008, 10:09 PM
5lagd

drop this guy a line . he is a redcat dealer in quebec. he ships parts anywhere. ive bought parts and a tsunami ultrawide from him. he is a great guy and quick at shipping.
[email protected] (CANADA REDCAT)/XTM-DEALER(RCLYNX)
Old 01-04-2008, 10:33 PM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah, he's a great guy
Old 01-05-2008, 01:46 AM
enduser

ORIGINAL: G*Man
Redcat will not ship with USPS to Canada and I refuse to pay the $40 Brokerage(per package) fee UPS charges.
I haven't looked further into this but a month ago I found a thread on the ebay forums where I user explained how you can act as you're own broker and use UPS/FEDEX to do the shipping but you do the brokerage work. Basically you tell them you will be using your own broker. They send you some paper work about your shipment. You take the paper work to I believe Canada Customs. They give you other paper work which you take back to the shipping company. Then they release the item to you.
Old 01-05-2008, 09:18 AM
shoota0075

i have got parts from AAFH and CLERMONT and i have never had a problem with either one, and they ship parts out really fast.
Old 01-07-2008, 03:25 AM
ranger4x4

i would like to know how some of these guys stay in business. i ordered a volcano sv off ebay from jems marketing almost a week ago now, and after having to hound them just to get a tracking # for the darn thing, i find out there isn't one. they haven't shipped it yet. those guys seem to have the "i'll get around to it later" attitude. if those guys are representatives of redcat they sure don't do a very good job. i'm starting to wonder if they will even ship it out at all, or just take my money and just keep giving excuses. if they even answer emails at all. sorry for the rant but i'm getting a little upset over all this.
Old 01-07-2008, 04:38 AM
zeen420
Banned

ORIGINAL: ranger4x4

i would like to know how some of these guys stay in business. i ordered a volcano sv off ebay from jems marketing almost a week ago now, and after having to hound them just to get a tracking # for the darn thing, i find out there isn't one. they haven't shipped it yet. those guys seem to have the "i'll get around to it later" attitude. if those guys are representatives of redcat they sure don't do a very good job. i'm starting to wonder if they will even ship it out at all, or just take my money and just keep giving excuses. if they even answer emails at all. sorry for the rant but i'm getting a little upset over all this.
thats something you should be contacting ebay and paypal about, been hearing some not good things about Jems... e-bay is a really sketchy place to get stuff, you gotta do alot of research b4 you go into buying anything from there
Old 01-07-2008, 05:45 AM
ranger4x4

ORIGINAL: zeen420

thats something you should be contacting ebay and paypal about, been hearing some not good things about Jems... e-bay is a really sketchy place to get stuff, you gotta do alot of research b4 you go into buying anything from there
i realize that now. it seems i only have trouble with the people on ebay that have stores there. i am going to be in contact with ebay tomorrow and if need be i will be goin down to jems head office in rocky mount, nc next week. i gotta go to raleigh anyway. wish i could have found clermont sooner. i would have felt much better giving him my money. i think it probably would have gotten here from florida sooner. guess it's a live and learn situation.
Old 01-07-2008, 08:28 AM
rc_crazy21

You can't base your e-bay experience off of this one seller because he has a store. I know allot of people who sell on e-bay and have stores and you end up dealing with allot of non-paying bidders and other sorts of problems with buyers. E-bay does need a better process to making it a better place and keeping fraud account out. They have strict rules for sellers now and if you get allot of neg or neutral feedback they limit your account. But people are too afraid to leave neg or neutral feedback in fear they might get it as well. But i do agree he should have not taken this long sending you your item! I have used tri_county_racing through e-bay without any problems, now i just buy through them directly.
Old 01-07-2008, 08:33 AM
ehroof

My suggestion to avoid problems would be to buy off a dealer on the forums here, this way you get to know them and your experience will be better and you will get better support or redcat directly.

just my .02
Old 01-07-2008, 09:57 AM
coostv

i realize that now. it seems i only have trouble with the people on ebay that have stores there. i am going to be in contact with ebay tomorrow and if need be i will be goin down to jems head office in rocky mount, nc next week. i gotta go to raleigh anyway. wish i could have found clermont sooner. i would have felt much better giving him my money. i think it probably would have gotten here from florida sooner. guess it's a live and learn situation.
I can say that I had a very good experience with wvdeals4u on Ebay. I ordered my truck and it was shipped to me in less than a week. But, mine came directly from Redcat in AZ. I think that some people like to batch their orders so that they are only shipping once or twice a week. I like to do this as well, but I also state that when I list something if I know I will not ship it right away. I will also contact the buyer and let them know when to expect their shipment. I think it is called common courtesy, something that not everyone possesses!

Chris

Old 01-07-2008, 11:03 AM
ranger4x4

you guys are both right, if i would have found this forum before placing my order i would definitely have ordered from someone here. but i wasn't fortunate enough to find this site until after my order was placed. this company states they are a redcat dealer, not that it means anything. and some thing that should be common courtesy/sense just aren't that common anymore. this whole thing has me wondering about ebay alot, not so much redcat. there is only so much they can do about monitoring the dealers they have. if they watched over every shoulder of them they wouldn't need dealers they could do it all themselves.but none the less i will not buy from him again, it wil be from someone on here.i should not have to hound them for a tracking #, just to have him lie to me and say it was shipped, only to find out later it is still on the shelf and might be shipped out sometime in the next 5 business days. he had no problem taking my money right away, but sending out the product is not as fast.by the time it gets here i'm guessing it'll be 2 weeks i have been waiting.
Old 01-07-2008, 11:18 AM
ehroof

drop redcat an email explaining the situation, i am sure they wouldnt want someone to do this to a new RedcatRacing hobbiest.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.