Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Not happy with my Redcat dealer

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 11:20 AM
ranger4x4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Not happy with my Redcat dealer

i will do just that. thanks, sorry to keep bugging you guys with this.
Old 01-07-2008, 11:23 AM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

no prob bro
Old 01-07-2008, 07:41 PM
TNIGS

i orderd a tornado from this jems marketing guy of ebay almost three weeks ago and still dont have my car.[:@][:@]
Old 01-07-2008, 08:01 PM
zeen420
Banned

ORIGINAL: TNIGS

i orderd a tornado from this jems marketing guy of ebay almost three weeks ago and still dont have my car.[:@][:@]

ya heard some bad things about them
Old 01-07-2008, 08:39 PM
rc_crazy21

Do a claim through paypal if you paid that way! This will make the seller ship faster or give you your refund!
Old 01-08-2008, 12:55 AM
ranger4x4

did you get a tracking # from them? it could be held up at customs. if you read the bottom of their page off ebay they say something about international shipments. dont remember exactly what. i ha dto harass them for my tracking #. i finaly got it this evening and found out it was in phoenix,az and was shipped at 6:35pm. those guys are a joke. they are giving redcat a bad name.
Old 01-08-2008, 06:53 AM
ranger4x4

try contacting redcat directly about jems. thats what ehroof told me to do and i have done just that. maybe if enough people do they will fix this ongoing problem with jems.
Old 01-08-2008, 10:20 AM
VBANKS

My second nitro car was a Redcat Hurricane and I wish I would have purchased an Ofna Lx Comp or other comparible buggy easily found, stocked and serviced at my LHS. Not that the Hurricane is a bad buggy, it is as fast as or faster than many of the frontline buggies on the market. However, speed isn't everything and the first time I let her go radio interference immediately took over and it crashed into my kids swing set and broke the right front control arms. I ended up switching out the AM radio it came with which was really low, low end and replaced it with a Spectrum system. The Infinity .27 engine my car came with was very difficult to start at first and I got a few blisters from the pullstart that I ended up replacing because the coil spring went bad. Also, this car does not come with a throttle return spring that is usually found on better models. Customer service at Redcat is friendly and very helpful, but if the part is out of stock then watch out, it may be a while before you are up and running again. I learned a lot about fixing buggies because of my experiences with the Hurricane, but when parts would break it was a real bummer to have to go through the internet solely to replace them. In summary, I spent an additional $200 on replacement parts and too many hours down-time waiting for parts. My Hurricane is currently on the scrap heap due to the carberator slide not sliding and my refusal to spend another penny on this buggy. Since then I have gone on to purchase a Losi8 RTR and the Associated RC8 RS RTR and I am enjoying both of them without any problems. If either breaks I just take it over to the LHS and I have it back within a few days. If you have purchased one or decide to purchase one I hope your experience will be different. As for me; no more Redcats.
Old 01-08-2008, 12:09 PM
CORR

I also have heard a few comments on lack of parts availability from Redcat but I also know that almost all parts from the Kyosho MP7.5 are a direct fit and there are plenty of places for those. A couple people on this forum turned their Hurricane into a Kyosho with parts over time.

I have put my Hurricane through a few tumbles and came out clean except for a torn manifold gasket and I am very impressed with the car. I also found the SH engine very easy to get going and to tune. I am not a fan of pullstarts either but I can get a rotostart backplate if I choose (typing this now i think that is the next order of buisness [sm=lol.gif]

I agree that it lacks a couple things that the other buggy's have like throttle return springs and better radios..but they are also twice as much. You can buy a return spring for cheap or make one yourself.
Old 01-08-2008, 12:19 PM
CORR

My baby..stripped down for a good cleaning
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Li20844.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	25.8 KB
ID:	845790  
Old 01-08-2008, 04:55 PM
ranger4x4

the guy you got yours from was it jeff? thats who i got mine from. jems is never gonna get another red cent of my money. thats for sure.
Old 01-08-2008, 05:08 PM
ranger4x4

ORIGINAL: ehroof

drop redcat an email explaining the situation, i am sure they wouldnt want someone to do this to a new RedcatRacing hobbiest.
i sent an email to redcat about what is going on with this jems marketing but they haven't said anything back to me. but then again it is tuesay. they probably have better things to do.this is starting to shake my confidence in redcat.
Old 01-08-2008, 05:10 PM
crazyeyes
My Feedback: (1)

This is what I sent to redcat racing
I have been waiting for parts from Jems Marketing since the 17th of last month. I was told that they were sent usps priorty mail on the 20th here it is the 8th and no parts.thats plenty of time for the mail to run just two states. when I inquired about this problem on the 2nd. he replyed that I struck a nerve when asking for a tracking number. I love my redcat Tornado bb pro and Volcano stx but this dealer is giving redcat a bad reputation for not having good product support. I'm not the only person having headaches with this dealer if you dont beleave me just go to the redcat forum at rcuniverce.
Redcat replied
I have forwarded your email to Jems Marketing and asked him to take care of it as soon as possible.

Thanks for letting me know about the issue.

Darin
Old 01-08-2008, 05:18 PM
ehroof

redcat is moving to a new larger place this week so emails and calls may be hard for them to get to until next week.
Old 01-08-2008, 05:33 PM
JZimpson

Hello,
I don't know your name, but if it's been 3 weeks since you ordered your car, then the package is sitting at your local postal or customs office because you didn't supply your phone number as we requested. Give them a call. Your car was shipped within 2 days of receipt of your payment!
Thank you,
Jemsmarketing
Old 01-08-2008, 06:09 PM
nucular

In my experience, parts availability is awful for redcats. I got one in a trade and needed some replacement parts... fuel tank, clutch bell, body - some other things. I found some dealers that had some parts, others that had others, and redcat had some but were out of stock on a lot of things. I ended up placing one order with redcat and another from a dealer. Turns out the dealer didnt really have some stuff in stock that their website said they had and was just having it drop shipped from redcat. I ended up getting 3 or 4 deliveries spread out across 3 months so... long enough that I lost interest in fixing the thing and it is now sitting there waiting to be put back together.
Old 01-08-2008, 06:28 PM
bjack29

what is up with redcat racing order parts from them they sent me some of the parts and some parts i ordered they didnt ship now i cant get up with anyone i was told i would get a email from them on monday it is tuesday i havent heard anything from anyone. i am really upset because it is like they got my money and that is all they care about. if any of you guys can get ahold of redcat ceo or if he sees this he can email me at [email protected]
Old 01-08-2008, 06:42 PM
RedcatRacing

bjack,

I show that all of your orders shipped.

Tracking numbers below via UPS.

1z4f52060340865453
1z4f52060342176506
1z4f52060341459408

All orders shipped on the 27th of December.

We may be delayed with phones and emails due to moving to a larger warehouse this week.

Darin
Old 01-08-2008, 07:12 PM
pede_187

what is up with redcat racing order parts from them they sent me some of the parts and some parts i ordered they didnt ship now i cant get up with anyone i was told i would get a email from them on monday it is tuesday i havent heard anything from anyone. i am really upset because it is like they got my money and that is all they care about. if any of you guys can get ahold of redcat ceo or if he sees this he can email me at [email protected]
The same thing is hapening to me. I ordered a Front steering arm and a rear axle carrer and only got the axle carrier. I called on Monday and I know it hasn't been long for a respnse but hopefully it turns out good.
Old 01-08-2008, 07:47 PM
TNIGS

dose anyone know the average time it take for a item to be processed by canadain customs???
Old 01-08-2008, 08:40 PM
JZimpson

It is a fast process if they have a way to contact you. I sell a lot to Canada and the only time there are delay problems is when there is no phone number. All you have to do is pay Canadian sales tax and a $5 fee to customs and you get the package.
Old 01-08-2008, 08:43 PM
rc_crazy21

Customs can be tricky as i have seen items processed in a day and others over a week. It really all depends on the items and how they affect the customs agreement when shipped!
Old 01-08-2008, 09:02 PM
5lagd

tnigs- i ordered an exceed on a thurday i think and got it the following friday, and i am in canada too. you should order your parts from [email protected] (CANADA REDCAT)/XTM-DEALER(RCLYNX) . no duty or holdups in customs. hes out of quebec and a very fast shipper, hes a great guy.
Old 01-08-2008, 09:05 PM
bjack29

redcat ceo my orders were shipped but on of the items were wrong and to of the items wasn't with it. six angle nut and two front tires wasn't there. i got the shocks, six angle nut pins, and the alum piece that holds the shocks on but i didn,t order the alum peice. i no people make mistakes but you guys act like this is not your fault. i am new to this hobby and i am getting bad vibes from you guys. seems to me if you knew you weren't going to be doing emails you wouldn't have your people tell me that they would talk to you and get back with me monday to see what could be done
Old 01-08-2008, 09:08 PM
bjack29

redcat ceo my orders were shipped but on of the items were wrong and to of the items wasn't with it. six angle nut and two front tires wasn't there. i got the shocks, six angle nut pins, and the alum piece that holds the shocks on but i didn,t order the alum peice. i no people make mistakes but you guys act like this is not your fault. i am new to this hobby and i am getting bad vibes from you guys. seems to me if you knew you weren't going to be doing emails you wouldn't have your people tell me that they would talk to you and get back with me monday to see what could be done

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.