Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Not happy with my Redcat dealer

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2008, 09:27 PM
bjack29

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Not happy with my Redcat dealer

ehroof i sent them a email but they keep telling me it was shippped. they are right with the tracking #'s it was shipped but i cant get them to understand the order wasnt right. what do i do in that case keep praying and hope they finally feel sorry for me and do something
Old 01-08-2008, 09:32 PM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

bro, i dont work for redcat, i just do support for them here on rcu, i am not a dealer either. I would suggest emailing [email protected], explain the situation and let him answer you. If you dont get anywhere, let me know, they are good people and will help you out. they are getting ready for a move so things may be a little slow.
Old 01-08-2008, 09:34 PM
ehroof

Hey vbanks, i saw you in wilsons (105) a while back, did you get the other rc's from them? they are a good bunch of guys, i like pete and the bunch.
Old 01-08-2008, 09:37 PM
bjack29

ehroof maybe you could tell me what are some other rims and tires that might fit the buggy since this looks as if it could take for ever to get the parts i ordered.
Old 01-08-2008, 09:43 PM
ehroof

why dont you go to clermontmotorsports.com and get them there? any touring car 12mm hex rim will fit, only problem is the tires for it, hard to find a buggy tire.
Old 01-08-2008, 10:08 PM
5lagd

Here are some custom aluminum rims http://www.exactcustoms.com/abc_estore/
Old 01-08-2008, 10:14 PM
VBANKS

Coor, your cane looks good and I'm glad it's working out for you; it didn't for me. Nevertheless, if you want to buy some spare parts we might be able to work something out.
Old 01-08-2008, 11:06 PM
JZimpson

The parts you were shorted are on back order and will be sent when they come in. I MAY have the parts you need. What do you need to get going again? Don't forget, Redcat WILL send the back-orders when they come in stock.
[email protected]
Old 01-08-2008, 11:47 PM
ranger4x4

lol thats funny.
Old 01-09-2008, 12:03 AM
ranger4x4

ORIGINAL: TNIGS

dose anyone know the average time it take for a item to be processed by canadain customs???
did you check your tracking #? to see where your package is? they might tell you if it is at customs. dealing with customs can be a real tricky beast. i am from winnipeg and live part time in minnesota. i'm a long haul truck driver and deal with both u.s. and canada customs on a regular basis and have been doing so for the last 9 years. if there was a problem with something that was on the trailer your package was on. the driver might have put the whole load in bond. and it takes a little more than $5 and a couple pieces of paperwork to get anything across the border. the customs brokers have to get paid and duty depending on the actual value of the item. the north american free trade agreement is not free for canada. but ups has their own brokers at almost every port of entry into canada. they should be able to tell you where it is with the tracking #.
Old 01-09-2008, 12:53 AM
TNIGS

ya i cheaked my tracking # and it said it reached canadain customs today. i was just wonderinghow long it will take to each my house???
Old 01-09-2008, 03:01 AM
ranger4x4

ya i cheaked my tracking # and it said it reached canadain customs today. i was just wonderinghow long it will take to each my house???
that depends on canada customs and ups. it's not quite as simple as some people might tell you it is to deal with customs. but if it's at customs now you should have it in a day or two. i'm almost positive that ups has a terminal right there in nanaimo.but they take it all of the trailer and then cross dock on to the local big brown vans. from there it goes right to your house. but you gotta be there to sign for it.i would call ups in the morning with your tracking # and ask when they have plan to deliver.
Old 01-09-2008, 06:18 AM
BaSh_2_tHa_mAxX
My Feedback: (1)

My hsp dealer is a FANTASTIC guy, very helpful and friendly as well. Im very happy with him as a dealer just i don't like the line of products i don't even beat my avalanche/rattlesnake and so far 2 crapped out servoes, bent shock tower, bent hingepin support and a cracked fuel tank out of the box (this is across trucks one is my brother) this are all minor things but if i bought a revo i wouldn't get all these minor things going wrong. However my dealer replaced the fueltank and the servo's. IM thinking about selling out on these 2 trucks and buying brand name rc's.
Old 01-09-2008, 10:55 AM
ranger4x4

i don't understand, do the servos on a revo never break? and also a cracked fuel tank could very well be the fault of the shipping company. one of my buddies has a tmaxx and his servos have gone out twice just during the engine break in. i don't think any nitro rc is bullet proof. every one has their strong and weak points. just like anything else thats manufactured. or am i wrong on this?
Old 01-09-2008, 10:58 AM
ehroof

ORIGINAL: BaSh_2_tHa_mAxX

My hsp dealer is a FANTASTIC guy, very helpful and friendly as well. Im very happy with him as a dealer just i don't like the line of products i don't even beat my avalanche/rattlesnake and so far 2 crapped out servoes, bent shock tower, bent hingepin support and a cracked fuel tank out of the box (this is across trucks one is my brother) this are all minor things but if i bought a revo i wouldn't get all these minor things going wrong. However my dealer replaced the fueltank and the servo's. IM thinking about selling out on these 2 trucks and buying brand name rc's.

redcats products are different, better quality, the avalanche has better electronics, pipe, engine, servo's etc.
Old 01-09-2008, 11:00 AM
ehroof

ORIGINAL: ranger4x4

i don't understand, do the servos on a revo never break? and also a cracked fuel tank could very well be the fault of the shipping company. one of my buddies has a tmaxx and his servos have gone out twice just during the engine break in. i don't think any nitro rc is bullet proof. every one has their strong and weak points. just like anything else thats manufactured. or am i wrong on this?

most radio equipment on rtr vehicles are not that great, its just the way it is. All RC's break, i own just about if not every brand and type and they all break, none more than others, if you use them, they will ALL break something, nature of the hobby.
Old 01-09-2008, 11:04 AM
VBANKS

Ehroof, I got my Losi8 from NYC Hobbies on Myrtle Ave. in Queens and I recently recieved the RC8 from Tower Hobbies because they had a better deal. I frequent NYC Hobbies a bit more than 105 because of their location and I feel very comfortable dealing with them regarding purchases and service.
Old 01-09-2008, 11:12 AM
ehroof

NYC is a nice store too, just a little out of my way so i go to 105 alot. Do you go to gunhouse, i went during the summer, met a few good guys there and had alot of fun.
Old 01-10-2008, 10:04 AM
ranger4x4

did you get it yet? what did it cost you for a broker if anything?
Old 01-10-2008, 10:16 AM
CORR

ORIGINAL: VBANKS

Coor, your cane looks good and I'm glad it's working out for you; it didn't for me. Nevertheless, if you want to buy some spare parts we might be able to work something out.

I have been doing alot of reading here about terrible parts support and to be honest it has me a little concerned. They are currently moving to a bigger warehouse so maybe they will run a tight ship from here on out. Hopefully they dont [sm=drowning.gif]

My original thoughts of replacing parts as they go with Kyosho stuff when I bought the car still may be the way I go, especially since I plan to race this year [sm=48_48.gif]
Old 01-10-2008, 10:43 AM
ehroof

get stuff from clermontmotorsports.com, i get stuff in 2-3 days from him, i get all my redcat stuff from him and other rc stuff too.
Old 01-10-2008, 11:11 AM
CORR

I am really interested in the graphite parts which I didn't see there. Does he carry more parts than what is listed?

I really want to keep it in full Redcat form as I hit the track to prove a point, but don't want to worry about dodgy part support.
Old 01-10-2008, 11:25 AM
VBANKS

I'm not familiar with the Gunhouse, what's that all about?
Old 01-10-2008, 11:39 AM
ehroof

it an off road track in the bronx, alot of guys go there to run and race off road, the website is down now, but its alot of fun.
Old 01-10-2008, 12:53 PM
VBANKS

Sounds good, let's get together and do that this spring.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.