Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

tornado bb is coming tommorow!!!!!!!whooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

tornado bb is coming tommorow!!!!!!!whooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

Old 07-23-2007, 01:56 PM
DS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tornado bb is coming tommorow!!!!!!!whooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

my buggy should be coming tommorow it's driving me nutz. so now i'm getting a tonado bb.then i'll be racing this sunday. whoooo!!!!!!!!!!!!. can't wait. now how do you break this buggy in. i'm new to nitro so can you guys give me alot of tips. thanks derek
Old 07-23-2007, 03:25 PM
webdr

Default RE: tornado bb is coming tommorow!!!!!!!whooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

Theres an engine break-in manual included thats written in clear english (wish I could say the same about their boxes) LOL
It helps you get through it.

That being said, I use the heat cycle method.
I ran the car at the recommended needle setting for break-in for a few tanks. I never opened the throttle wide, instead I just gave it short "blips" to clear it out and ran in a figure 8 pattern. 3rd tank I leaned it an 8th and did the same. 4th tank leaned it an 8th and allowed about 1/2 throttle passes but no more that 3/4 "blips"
5th tank, tune for performance and let 'er rip!

Keep in mind, that between every tank, I let it cool completely with the piston at bottom dead center. This means you remove the plug, pull the starter until the piston is at the bottom of its stroke, and mark the flywheel with a sharpie. That way, when you want to cool it down, pull the starter until the sharpie mark faces up and you know the piston is at bottom dead center...let it cool that way.
Old 07-23-2007, 08:38 PM
DS

Default RE: tornado bb is coming tommorow!!!!!!!whooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

yo thanks[8D]
Old 07-23-2007, 09:30 PM
zack221

Thats cool man i cant wait until i get my cars from webdr
Old 07-24-2007, 09:20 PM
DS

sweet it justcame now let the fun begin