Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Redcat Monsoon Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2010, 11:21 PM
tylerjackson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Redcat Monsoon Thread

And on the electric starter idea i swear you are you to fry the motor in the starter if you dont break it in with the pull start. I went through 3 wands (swear to what ever god you pray to) before i finally figured out that the pinch in the sh's engine is WAY to much for those cheap mototrs to try to over come. After about 7 or 8 atleast 10 15 minutes runs the electric start will actually start to be able to start the truck. Also its designed to fit a 6cell battery but you can remove the little locking door plastic thingy and stick a 7 cell in it that will GREATLY improve its ability to turn over the motor.
Old 01-28-2010, 11:29 PM
Mickstix

Thanks for the info TJ!! I'd actually already abandoned the electric start idea after talkin to Kurt (URCHobby) how said pretty much the same thing.. I think there's supposed to be coming out with a heavy duty starter for the big blocks, but the one they have now wont cut the mustard apparently.. Thanks again for the heads up!
Old 01-28-2010, 11:34 PM
tylerjackson

A few more pulls and then using a 7 cell battery in the starter will get you started so till the new starters arrive. But good luck on whatever way you decide to go in.
Old 08-02-2010, 07:40 AM
thorMaXx

Hey guys,

Thought Id make a new post in this thread. I received my Monsoon XTR last week and had the pleasure of breaking it in yesterday.

I have to say, Im really pleased with this truggy. I was originally going to buy an RC8T, but decided to go with the redcat for the lower cost.

I couldn't be more happy with my decision. The thing is a beast and runs great.

The monsoon handles great, has great low end out of the gate and top speed is great. I love this thing already.

Ill be replacing the pull start, as i wore some blisters on the fingers. I had to trim the body some, to fit better and not interfere with the shocks.

All in all, I read this entire thread before making my purchase decision. You guys had some great info here and that helped me with making the right choice.

Now when im tired of bashing the 3.3 TMaxx, I can get this thing out and bash it.

Old 08-02-2010, 09:14 PM
madmarty

glad you love your monsoon. I have the older model with some of the upgrades listed in this thread. One of the best mods was changing the diffs and clutch bell, it made it a whole new animal. Also,i have found the losi mach 26 drill start backplate works the best, well besides the starter box version. Good luck and enjoy

t
Old 08-13-2010, 11:11 PM
tylerjackson

Truggies are cooler than plain ol' monster trucks. You flip i turn.
Old 03-09-2011, 07:32 PM
SIXftSEVEN

Just received my new Monsoon and was wondering if the is a way to change the frequency on the Redcat DSM-2C 2.4GHz Remote? I can't seem to find any crystals in it. How do I know it won't interfere with my friends new monsoon??
Old 04-04-2011, 06:53 AM
All-or-Nothing

Well I got me a Monsoon on the way. Woo Hoo.......
Old 04-04-2011, 10:52 AM
AnthonyN

ORIGINAL: SIXftSEVEN

Just received my new Monsoon and was wondering if the is a way to change the frequency on the Redcat DSM-2C 2.4GHz Remote? I can't seem to find any crystals in it. How do I know it won't interfere with my friends new monsoon??
It wont interfere. There are no crystals to change.
Old 10-09-2011, 02:06 PM
johnnychimpo

Can someone tell me the length of the lower front and rear hinge pins on the xtr.
Old 12-28-2011, 05:28 PM
DirtyDirka

I just got mine the other day, but the radio that it came with was broke and steering servo wont stay straight.

Old 01-18-2012, 06:49 PM
tommie!

I'm going to bring the ol Monsoon out of storage and fire her up again soon!. Mad Marty, you still have yours?

Mine is completely stock except for the 12 T clutch bell. What top speed does it go with that? Anyone? I know stock is 32.4 from the review but no one has really given a number in this thread...