Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Redcats Monsoon Thread

makes what slow? The steering? If thats what you mean its actaully super fast. Maybe I misunderstood ya.
    Cen truggy, Bigfoot 1/5th, Cen buggy, Mg16, Redcat Earthquake, Redcat Drifter

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey its 6 or 7 onethousands slower than the bone crusher...........LOL...........thats slow aint it[&:]
    Custom Cars bring out the stars / Home of the RCLYNX, RC IMPROVEMENT, MOD, SALES & SERVICE Dealer;XTM, CEN, HPI & much more

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

yeah yeah.. sorry the pain killers are getting to me again

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

How you feeling dennis, any better?
    125 characters and 2 lines is not enough to list my RC obsession!!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yes better just being careful.. Bending at the knee's now lol...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: vnmsgt

I did have 5-7-3 and it worked good but I just changed them to 10-30-3 to see what it does. Just curious. Will probably have tried it by friday, if not sunday for sure.
    Ran the monsoon today and it seemed real good. Steers alot better in the turns and did not notice the push I had before but the track was also real loose today. My front wheel do not balloon up as much either. Works good so far.
    Don\'\'t jump on the bandwagon...CRUSH IT

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Dennis you should get a good inversion table. I have a degenerative disk and Im a mechanic so my back is always out of whack. One of my coworkers uses a inversion table and strongly suggested I get one to help with my back. My wife bought me one for christmas 2 yrs ago and I have not had a problem since. It feels so good when you get off and you can actually feel your body stretch when you are on it. It takes all the pressure off of the disks and relaxes all the muscles. I constantly had back problems prior to the table. Its a great cheap remedy to your problems. You can get a cheaper table for about 150. Mine cost about 300 and they go up to about 700. well worth anything you have to spend. I was down for weeks at a time because of problems and thats not good for a mechanic.
    The one with the most toys wins. I think I may have a good chance of winning.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

It might be a good idea. I had 3 disks removed about 6 years ago so I have different problems i think. Just been doing too much with the track the last 2 weeks. Thanks though I will have to check it out.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

It took me 2 yrs to finally give in to get one and would recommend it to anyone. Its such a relief.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

2many..... I have been talking to Dennis about this back problem for a few weeks now and I for one would like to hear more about this inversion table. I just had an MRI and Dr. says my lowest lumbar disk or whatever is bulging, I now know what real pain is!! my sciatic nerve was on direct connect with my pain threshold and just tore right through it!!! So sorry to the rest of the thread but man where can I get one? Dr. prescribed? never felt pain like that in my life and never want to again!! I was crippled for 2 days cortizone shots in the back, muscle relaxers, and very strong pain medication couldnt touch it!!! I am sure those with back problems know what I am talking about. thanks man. Sorry for breakin the thread heck I dont even have a monsoon, its just on my list of trugs to look out for!
    Turmoil Pro Sportworks .21 V2, <- its for sale!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

How about lets change this thread to how to tune your back to work good for R/C racing! LOL I think if you put some 30k wt oil between you upper disks and some 65k wt oil in between you lower discs with some 1.1mm springs in between to take up some cushion and some molded foams in your shoes (seem to last longer) and your backs should feel better.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Just put some BIG BORE SHOCKS on my monsoon!! Lowered the shock oil from 60wt to 30wt to test out after finding some new info on handling. Here are some pics. 1st one is a comparison if the stock shock on the left to the big bore on the right. 1ST BIG BORE MONSOON!!![sm=punching.gif][sm=punching.gif] Can't wait to test it out
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bz78459.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	61.0 KB 
ID:	823088   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Vq50628.jpg 
Size:	62.2 KB 
ID:	823089   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sy63816.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	68.8 KB 
ID:	823090   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bv60690.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	66.9 KB 
ID:	823091   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xj63247.jpg 
Size:	71.4 KB 
ID:	823092  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Sorry. I just read your post on the inversion table. I have the same problem you have and I also have a degenerative disk. I am a mechanic and use my back all day long lifting and bending under a hood and at one point I was out for 3 weeks. This was over two years ago which was the last time I had problems. It was a fellow worker that suggested that I use an inversion table to help with my back so My wife bought me one and I have not had any problems since. You can read up on inversion tables to see what they look like and how they work. What you do is get on the table in an upright position and strap your ankles in. Then you slowly invert back and pretty much hang by your ankles. You dont need to invert alot either. Not like upside down. What it does is stretch your spine and takes the pressure off of the lower back which takes all the pressure when you are upright. getting the pressure off lets the muscles around the buldging disk relax and in a short time the disk will slide back into place. I use the table every oher day for about 5 min and thats all the ime you will need. You can actually feel your back relax and stretch while on the table. It feels soo good to get the pressure off. There is nothing bad about using one nor is there any side effects. Its just a little odd at first to get used to and over time you can increase the angle of tilt that you do. I only tilt till it starts to feel good then a little further. I have never inverted upside down because it makes me dizzy as hell to invert all the way. Check it out. It has been a life saver for me. It has been so good for me and some other guys at work that the company bought one to put in out weight room to use if needed.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

What about my BIG BORES?[&o]

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Cool bro ..What are thay off of ?
    LOSI 8IGHT-T GO.286P W/JP1 LOSI 8IGHT BUGGY GO.217P LOSI MINI BAJA & LOSI MICRO DESERT TRUCK

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

They are from my Mantis. Bolted right up!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

hey guys where do you think i could get an SH high torque pipe? o and here are some pics of my monsoon.

Name:	Qo39688.jpg 
Size:	86.8 KB 
ID:	824888   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nl30236.jpg 
Size:	85.8 KB 
ID:	824889   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Yw67962.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	75.8 KB 
ID:	824890  
    Plane- A lot Truck- RC Monsoon, DTX Warhead & CC, T-maxx 3.3, TL LST2, AE MGT8 Heli- Esky HBK2, FHH 480, HK450, HK500

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Here is a link to the redcat site for it.

[link]http://redcatracing.com/itemdetail_part.asp?partno=81084[/link] You can get it there or from clermont hobby at his site

[link]http://www.clermontmotorsports.com[/link] You can give him the part number and see if he has it in stock or can order it.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I looked at that pipe i think its there speed pipe not the high torque one and actually i just did a little research and here is the high torque pipe if anyone else is interested [link]http://www.hobbypeople.net/gallery/147131.asp[/link]
    Plane- A lot Truck- RC Monsoon, DTX Warhead & CC, T-maxx 3.3, TL LST2, AE MGT8 Heli- Esky HBK2, FHH 480, HK450, HK500

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

hobbypeople.net has the pipes and i can get all of them... let me know...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Just put a axial .28 I had laying around into my monsoon. The SH.28 finally lost compression. It had to have just wore out because there were no sand scratches, scores or anything at all. Piston and cylinder still look great except for the pinch being gone. Will see how it runs till I get my SH rebuilt. Here are some pics.

Name:	Ca82677.jpg 
Size:	101.3 KB 
ID:	827168   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fb87934.jpg 
Size:	99.7 KB 
ID:	827169   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hm24711.jpg 
Size:	66.2 KB 
ID:	827170  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Sounds like you ran it hot too many times. Thats the only reason you lose the pinch and also do you set yuor piston at bdc once it is turned off. Thats one reason I always check my temps because good smoke is not accurate.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yeah I think I ran it hot too. I only got my temp gun about a month and a half ago and before that I never used one but never had any problems. I am a motorcycle tech and tuning is easy for me but guess I may have had it too lean. BUT IT ALWAYS RAN GREAT!! lol

Just ran the monsoon in my backyard to test the new motor and it runs great. Temps only got up to 211 highest and seem awesome. Got all my low end back that SH.28 was lacking due to the motor wearing out. I am leaving the settings how they are because I was not running it too hard and will probably go higher at the track.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Let me know how that axial compairs to the sh.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Well I have had that axial .28 for awhile now, it was in my mantis and I took it out to put in a buggy and put a axial.28RR in the mantis after. From experience running the axial .28 before compared to the SH now I would say the axial has more bottom end then the SH. Just has that extra uumph coming out of corners and before jumps. Top end they are both about the same. I know for sure when I get to the track. Don't get me wrong though I love the SH and as long as they stay cheap to rebuild I will still be using them and not buying more motors unless I start really getting spanked and NOT because I cannot drive but just cannot keep up. I think I drive pretty good but Clermont hobby has this new motor that is supposed to the the s**t and I had a hard time keeping up before so I'll see soon.

Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast