Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Redcat Monsoon Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2008, 11:56 PM
Redharris

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Redcats Monsoon Thread

mrcraig.....

This is how Motodude did it....
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=6786973

Old 09-09-2008, 05:48 PM
mcraig8377

THANKS AGAIN ! WOULD NOT OF THOUGHT OF THIS
Old 09-09-2008, 08:19 PM
papito.1

Default RE: Redcat Monsoon Thread

does anyone know if the ofna hub extensions will work on the monsoon xp. i bought some axial wheels, but they are a different offset than the monsoon stock wheels. when i look at the pictures of the hub extensions on the internet, i don't see how the will stay on.

thanks for any info.
Old 09-09-2008, 08:26 PM
Redharris

Yes. They Work.
I have a set for my Monsoon. That way I can use 1/2 in. offset Proline rims, and keep the Stock width.
Old 09-09-2008, 08:36 PM
papito.1

thanks for the quick reply! do you use the 15mm or the 30mm? i'm thinking about getting the 30mm because i think (not sure) with the 15mm, there will still be some rubbing when turned fully left or right.

Old 09-09-2008, 09:07 PM
vnmsgt

ORIGINAL: Redharris

Yes. They Work.
I have a set for my Monsoon. That way I can use 1/2 in. offset Proline rims, and keep the Stock width.
I think you have to drill out the hole that the pin goes in the hubs, correct? I had to do that with mine and I think they were ofna extensions. The pin on the redcat was just a tad bigger.
Old 09-11-2008, 12:50 PM
mcraig8377

got my mg 995 servos they work great! but i have a problem they will turn left quickly but when i turn right it is alot slower i would appreciate any help on this subject THANKS AGAIN!
Old 09-12-2008, 10:39 AM
motodude11
My Feedback: (1)

are you running a nimh pack? if you aren't that will cause the servo to be sluggish as the alkaline packs dont have enough juice to power them. also since you picked up two check to see if the other one does the same thing, glad to see that you like the servos and also that the pics of the mammoth bumper helped

-Josh
Old 09-12-2008, 09:01 PM
mcraig8377

that must be the problem we are using alkaline how much is the correct batterey pack needed and charger? once again you have bailed me out! THANKS!
Old 09-12-2008, 09:25 PM
Redharris

ORIGINAL: vnmsgt

Yes. They Work.
I think you have to drill out the hole that the pin goes in the hubs, correct? I had to do that with mine and I think they were ofna extensions. The pin on the redcat was just a tad bigger.
Chris...
You are correct. I DID have to drill out the OFNA extenders. I used a 2.8mm drill bit (you can get it from the McMaster-Carr catalog for about $2)
Lol...I have performed So MANY mods to this truck that I am beginning to lose track of them all.

Papito.....
I use the 30mm extenders.
Old 09-12-2008, 09:33 PM
vnmsgt

Yes. They Work.
Chris...
You are correct. I DID have to drill out the OFNA extenders. I used a 2.8mm drill bit (you can get it from the McMaster-Carr catalog for about $2)
Lol...I have performed So MANY mods to this truck that I am beginning to lose track of them all.

Papito.....
Cool! I sort of felt the same way I did so many things to my monsoon. It's what made it so much fun!
Old 09-12-2008, 09:56 PM
Redharris

Mrcraig......

Good battery....
http://shopping.netsuite.com/s.nl?c=849850&id=944&sc=14

Better battery....
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/20046

This charger will take all night to charge the Hump pack Battery.
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXHCF1&P=M

This charger will charge the Hump pack battery in about an hour or so.
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...oducts_id/3286

Old 09-13-2008, 02:17 AM
Redharris

Yes. They Work.
Chris...

Papito.....
Cool! I sort of felt the same way I did so many things to my monsoon. It's what made it so much fun!
Lol...I b****h and complain about the Steering, but I DO love my Monsoon. Modding and Upgrading these things is half the fun of ownership....
Old 09-13-2008, 07:55 PM
papito.1

Yes. They Work.
Chris...

Papito.....
Lol...I b****h and complain about the Steering, but I DO love my Monsoon. Modding and Upgrading these things is half the fun of ownership....
Thanks for the replies Redharris and vnmsgt!! The is my first rc so i'm definitely a newbie but this forum has helped me soooo much.
Old 09-14-2008, 06:17 PM
mcraig8377

what is the best failsafe for the monsoon I THINK I NEED ONE BAD!!!!!!! would appreceiate any info THANKS AGAIN!!!!!!!
Old 09-14-2008, 08:16 PM
Chubbysdad

honestly they all do about the same thing.
Old 09-15-2008, 02:16 PM
motodude11

i use the duratrax one on all my stuff
Old 09-16-2008, 10:07 PM
mcraig8377

i purchased a total of 6 mg995 servos from ebay 2 of them have not even arrived yet and 2 of them that i did receive do not work at all have any of you had this problem I THINK IVE BEEN HAD!
Old 09-17-2008, 09:46 AM
madmarty

i would stay away from those cheap servos. go with a name brand, such as, hitec, futaba, jr., etc. remember you get what you pay for. i use hitec and jr. you can usually pick up the jr''s pretty cheap on ebay.
Old 09-17-2008, 11:16 AM
motodude11

you got to remember that people on ebay probably have used them and killed them. i'd stay away from ebay unless its from a seller with a store and the product is new in box.
Old 09-17-2008, 05:13 PM
ugly duck

ORIGINAL: 1marty

i would stay away from those cheap servos. go with a name brand, such as, hitec, futaba, jr., etc. remember you get what you pay for. i use hitec and jr. you can usually pick up the jr''s pretty cheap on ebay.
If only you knew how many times I heard that about Redcat...
Old 09-17-2008, 07:35 PM
mcraig8377

well should i keep using the servos that work? they do work very good! i think maybe i just have a lesson to learn from this. or do you think it would be an unwelcomed risk to keep using the ones that do work? THANKS AGAIN!
Old 09-21-2008, 08:29 PM
Redharris

mrcraig.....
I have used the MG995 servos and they were OK for bashing around. ( I wouldnt depend on them for Racing though)
I bought 4 of them from an EBay STORE in Australia( I wouldnt buy them from an individual on ebay though, especially if they were used...).......... They all worked fine for me.

For $35 you can get brand new Hitec HS-645MG servos....They are good for 1/8 cars and dont cost too much.
Old 09-29-2008, 11:21 AM
motodude11

the ones that work should be fine i wouldnt worry about them till they go, like i said i have one on the monsoon and just switched to using one on my lst2 they work great just make sure you dont get them used again, and i'd be sending the ones that didnt work back if they have a return policy.
Old 09-29-2008, 05:27 PM
amf66

If you are going to get a cheaper servo I think you should get the MG996R. It is better than the MG995 and is more accurate and durable from what I've heard. [link]http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/store/uh_viewitem.asp?idproduct=6221[/link] I'm pretty sure it's the same price as the MG995!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.