Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Hurricane Clutch Shoes

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2007, 10:53 PM
mikeniccy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hurricane Clutch Shoes

I was having problems Idleing so I checked the clutch shoes and one of the shoes Is broken. Anyhow I tried to pull them off, but they didn't come easy so I wasn't sure how to remove them. Any help removing and installing? Also was looking for some advise about replacements. Was searching allaboutfun and was wondering what kind of clutch to buy. I heard that alum wears faster. but my plastic stock shoe broke. So looking for some first hand knowledge with the hurricane... One last thing I think it would be helpful to have seperate threads for each vehicle, it can be confusing as to which vehicle people are refuring too.
Old 07-30-2007, 07:32 AM
Chubbysdad
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Hurricane Clutch Shoes

Try the search button lol.. There already is a thread for each model Look here http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_5399029/tm.htm
Old 07-30-2007, 06:03 PM
AllAboutFunHobbies

I personally run STS aluminum shoes on my hurricane and like them better than the nylon shoes, I've melted 2 or 3 sets of nylon shoes so I got tired of always replacing shoes. I also run a set of the Redcat aluminum shoes on my VTX truggy. My personal fav is aluminum shoes. I have a customer that races for us that likes to run nylon shoes on his VTX truggy. Everyone has a different opinion of what to use and not use.
Old 07-30-2007, 11:37 PM
mikeniccy

Thanks for the input!
Old 07-31-2007, 08:23 AM
AllAboutFunHobbies

No problem, anytime.