Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

what's the problem???

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 08:39 PM
fengraul

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what's the problem???

remote won't work after 2 runs.

when i turn on power on vehcle, vehcle function as normal, sterling and throutle moves a little bit(normal), but after that when i turn on remote, it doesn't move again(should move a little bit again), whatever i turn sterling or throutle or brake,it doesn't move, fresh battery doesn't help. the power of the remote will on,and indicator on,just function doesn't work, please help!!!!

which is broken?

sry for my english
Old 08-01-2007, 08:44 PM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: what's the problem???

if its less than 30 days old you can get a new radio from redcat for free, i would suggest buying a new system, you can get a complete futaba setup for >$50, futaba 2ph. Check towerhobbies.com unless one of the dealers on the forum sells them. The radio systems in the redcats or any rtr, especially the china made ones are not the greatest and know to fail.
Old 08-02-2007, 02:00 AM
fengraul

ORIGINAL: ehroof

if its less than 30 days old you can get a new radio from redcat for free, i would suggest buying a new system, you can get a complete futaba setup for >$50, futaba 2ph. Check towerhobbies.com unless one of the dealers on the forum sells them. The radio systems in the redcats or any rtr, especially the china made ones are not the greatest and know to fail.
so is it a bad remote? or just the crystal is dead? it does power on. can i just buy the crystal somewhere for 27.175hz???

also i am in canada, i don't know if redcat will asking me to mail it back or not. if they ask me to ship it back, i will just save the hassel and buy a new one ot fix it.
Old 08-02-2007, 07:03 AM
rclynx

so is it a bad remote? or just the crystal is dead? it does power on. can i just buy the crystal somewhere for 27.175hz???

also i am in canada, i don't know if redcat will asking me to mail it back or not. if they ask me to ship it back, i will just save the hassel and buy a new one ot fix it.
I think in your case the better part of wisdom is ehroof's salution...................buy a new unit[&o]
Old 08-02-2007, 04:46 PM
fengraul

finally i open up the receiver box to check, then i found some water around the box and some on crystal, so i clean it up and use a fan to let it dry, then it works like before, i was so careless that i went in to some water spot yesterday, that's the problem

anyway, thanks for all the advices.
Old 08-02-2007, 04:58 PM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow, your lucky that the water didnt destroy it, usually it would just ruin the electrics not fool with it like that, anyways glad to see you got it working!!!