Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

realistic reccomendations

This is a post for realistic reccomendations for the redcats. I thought it would be interesting to see what people think that redcat should upgrade. This is not a post to hammer redcats. Post will be deleted if that is the case. If people are having the same problem over and over with a model, then that is what should be posted. Or even an opinion on something. Darin from redcat I am sure wouldn't mind hearing about some bugs that would only make the redcat a better machine.
    Please keep in mind, that these are not 500.00 cars. The radio issue has already been brought to redcats attention. A better quality radio will only bring up the price of the redcats . keep that in mind.
    Cen truggy, Bigfoot 1/5th, Cen buggy, Mg16, Redcat Earthquake, Redcat Drifter

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: realistic reccomendations

lower gearing on the clutch bell for the tsunami, the stock one is way too high
    125 characters and 2 lines is not enough to list my RC obsession!!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Whats up Clermont, ehroof ...

I finally got my POS up and running again with some wonderful 20% Trinity fuel, a sliced open thumb, parted-out & rigged together 'hybrid' servos, and dollar store batteries ! YEAH ! One pull starting ! Gotta love it !

Here is my 2 cents:
    -----------

#1 (Fact) Antenna Length Problem on Receiver ??? (Maybe?)
    [Clermont I read you said 'radio has been brought to attention' but not sure if you meant what I told NICK or something else, so.... here it is again;]

The radio receiver box should be looked at. I think the antenna length is 'not' correct for the AM bandwidth being used.

The reason: My TREMOR's servos 'sometimes' twitch wildly and make humming sounds when not being moved. NOW, with that said, those same servos placed on my Trinity truck no longer twitch or hum, and this is even when changing the crystals and using the Redcat remote transmitter on the Trinity as well as the servos.

BUT, at the same time, a Traxxas Remote used with JR servos on the TREMOR still twitch and hum, just like before. (Like when it was stock)
    ((Basically, If I sounded way too confusing, only the Redcat's receiver box creates twitch and hum, NO MATTER what transmitter or servos are used))

I can SIMULATE this, by lowering the antenna on my Trinity and walking 5 feet away with the remote. Twitch twitch hummmm .....

So, IMO, it seems like a receiver or antenna length issue.

-----------

#2 (Fact) Fuel tank cap / door

The clip that holds the O-ring on should be adjustable. There is a cut bevel into the cap where a clip rests inside the bevel. IMO, this bevel should NOT be there, allowing one to ''crimp'' the clip tighter against the o-ring to gain a tighter seal.

OR, just use a screw instead.

(My cap is very loose and on the verge of not sealing properly)

------------

#3 (Opinion)

Headers and exhaust manifolds .... Please don't cheap-out with the manifolds. Split the differnce, charge an extra $1 and eat the other $1 for a $2 pipe....

ENGINE REPLACEMENT PLAN - "Why not" also allow ERP of PISTON AND SLEEVE only ??? (Nick has already talked to me about this, but not resolved)....
    NICK also told me a month or so ago that he was working on better information and a cross reference guide, so I guess this is being worked on ...

------------

That is really about it.
    I'm pretty happy otherwise.

Ohh well actually on more thing, for people that arent addicted to the forum or have internet access, Redcats customer service should be a little more knowledgable and understanding, it shouldn't take a forum post to get a simple problem resolved. (IE, incorrect part numbers)

Later

I know everyone knows the radio issues, but they could easly find a better radio system, such as airtronics Blazer sport that is 100 times better and the same cost as the stock, no price change.

The steel gear steering servos in the 1/10th scales need to be replaced with a better servo, there is no question price increase or not, they don't even hold up to being taken out of the box half the time. Brass plastic and aluminum makes a better servo it does not.

Other than that, 100% of my customers are 110% satisfied with there cars.
    Dealer for..Redcat, Traxxas, Associated, Cen, Racers Edge, RD Logic, Losi, HPI, E-flight, Himoto, Venom, Heli-Max, O.S...etc

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I agree it is annoying to have the servos burn up after little use, but, you do get what you pay for.

+1 on the tsunami gearing for sure. Mine never got any use of second gear until i put the hpi 13/18 bell on that ehroof advised. now it is fantastic! HUGE improvement

Tires and foam - suck. all 4 of our cars had almost completely killed the foam by the time breakin was done.

Fine thread screws and plastic just dont seem to go well together for me. Although superglue has become a good friend, maybe they should be a little more aggressive so they dont pull out so easily after a crash (bottom screw on the steering hub likes to fall out!)

Also, some cap screws or hex head bolts to mount the engine would be a good upgrade. i found my engine was pretty loose when i got it, and you just cant get it super tight with phillips heads. plus ive beat the heads to death and couldnt get them back out without a fight later.

Believe me we are soooo happy with our redcat cars so far. We have beat the hell out of them, and really havent had many problems that I wouldnt expect from ANY rc car that gets beat on.

Im sure i will think of more as i go, but really so far im pretty impressed for the $ i spent.
    Redcat Avalanche
    Redcat Tsunami

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

There are some good cheap AM radios out there and anyone who is going to stay in the sport should upgrade to FM or better............lol sound like a taco commercial[sm=lol.gif] the one thing that we always talk about is gears or how high they are etc. They need to come up with a gear set so that you can change your ratio like any other model out there. Like bell gears fron 12 to say 20 and spur gears fron 36 to 52...........thats not a big milestone to cover. Almost everything else is cosmetic or QC issues that all the models have. Well a lot of them[:@] They have a good sound product with no expandability. I QC the product upgrade the radio add oil to the differentials and shim them properly, put in upgrade motors and sell them for a good profit...............I haven't had one complaint accept one person mentioned that it was one hell of a lot better than it cousin Himoto........lol[X(]
    Custom Cars bring out the stars / Home of the RCLYNX, RC IMPROVEMENT, MOD, SALES & SERVICE Dealer;XTM, CEN, HPI & much more

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Syclone, I agree about the FINE THREADS PHILLIPS HEAD SCREWS and plastic, and RCLYNX I agree about the upgrade radio,

BUT,
    I think Clermont was asking a ""REALISTIC"" reccomendation,

Although the threads and plastic is 'realistic' to me, I dont think Redcat will change their distributors to alter it .... As far as the radio, we all know you get what you pay for, -- I PERSONALLY, WOULD "RATHER" have a cheap - *** radio system that is dirt cheap, than paying for a "KIT" with a more $$$ unit .... IMO

Good points !
    Later

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

How about a kit for every model or rtr's whatever the customer chooses.That way when ppl put them together they could upgrade the servos and everything before they had it all together.Im not sure if this has been discussed before but i think its a pretty good idea.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

***Edited because I'm apparently an idiot and can't scroll all the way to the bottom of the page. Pardon my late night ramblings, now on with the show. ***
    LAND? I haven\'t even taken off yet.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The RedCats are the chepest entry level RC on the market today. Ya get what ya pay for. Dont complain
    when they break. Theres a reason they are so Cheap. The cheap RCs all come from the same couple factories,
    At least RedCat is pricing them right ( Entry Level ) not like some of the dist. that claim to be selling you the best.
    RedCat tried that and found out you guys are smarter than than that.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I think everything about the vehicles is already on the website. http://66.226.4.160/itemdetail.asp?basepartno=TREMOR

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

One thing that kept me from buying a Hurricane XP Pro was the 2.5mm 6061 alloy chassis, even lower priced RTR's have at least 3mm thick chassis. I was really interested in this buggy but the thinner chassis worried me too much.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

You won't have a chassis problem with a Hurricane because of the 6061 Aluminum because its so short...............its a great buggy just not world class[&o]
    Custom Cars bring out the stars / Home of the RCLYNX, RC IMPROVEMENT, MOD, SALES & SERVICE Dealer;XTM, CEN, HPI & much more

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The hurricane will run with the best of them.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i will have to agree with that, the hurricane is a top notch rc, i am extremely happy with mine!!!
    125 characters and 2 lines is not enough to list my RC obsession!!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

hurricane have 3mm thick chassis
    Dealer for Redcat Racing in Canada

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I think the 1/10th scale line from Redcat would benefit from a 3 shoe alloy clutch.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Tire foams that would hold up a little better, would be great! I also think that the exhaust system on the 1/10's could be a little better, mainly the pipe. The EPX line could be a little better also. The batteries and motors are poor quality! If the price needs to be raised a little for a little better setup, I don't think the customers would mind.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi guys, as alot of you know I'm a fairly new Redcat Avalanche owner and i really like it. However i do have a few realistic reccomendations. First off the fuel tank is rediculously close to the exhaust, they actually touch each other. i soon found that it was actually melting through the plastic and this could have possibly caused a fire. its an easy fix just put something heat resistant between them but seriously, who thought of makeing it this way. hot exhaust + plastic tank with nitro in it = bad, please get some distance between the two.

Secondly, the avalanche can turn farther one way than it can the other, this isnt really a big deal but the arm on the servo saver thing hits the part in front of it when you turn it all the way. Easily fixed with trim adjustments and not really noticable but still kinda anoying.

Lastly, and this is my favorite idea, give us options!! Many people are talking about how the radio isnt that great and how the servos are junk. It is true that upgrading these would raise the cost of the trucks, so why not just give us the option to get a truck with no radio, reciever box, or servos installed. With everything i know now this would be a no brainer option, id buy that version in a heart beat. We could save a little money on the initial cost and then put our own radio and servos in it, something most of us will do anyway.

Thanks for listening
    Defm~

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Parts being available would be a big plus! Photos for all parts and not just some parts! More consistent pricing.........I saw a flywheel for the Monsoon for like $20.99 and entire clutch assembly with flywheel for the Hurricane is $15.45

That's a ridiculous price spread for identical parts!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

the electronics definitely need an upgrade. The servos are well below par as far as today's standards are for electronics. Having an Airtronics/Sanwa Blazer Sport radio would greatly improve the VALUE of the kit, along with some decent servos.

I dono about the rest of you guys, but every time someone sends me a prototype or RTR, the first things I throw away are the engine, and the electronics.
    There are only 10 types of people in this world: those that understand binary, and those that don\'\'t.
    AMA: 722748

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

the first things I throw away are the engine, and the electronics.
    That very hard to believe that you just throw them away why not sell them
    Bodies By Blue-Airbrushes Bring Out The Artist In All Of Us!!
    All About Fun Hobbies

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

there is no resale value on them. you get an engine from toki or vertex... they are junk right from the factory.

As far as the electronics go, no reason to keep a 10-20 dollar radio and 2 dollar servos.
    There are only 10 types of people in this world: those that understand binary, and those that don\'\'t.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ok that makes better sense i was thinking of good engines that you an resell
    Bodies By Blue-Airbrushes Bring Out The Artist In All Of Us!!
    All About Fun Hobbies

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

nah i've got STS and Go tech engines that I sell. There isn't anything special about the toki engines these days... except for the CRF line up. You can not sell those, unless you ask Orion/Kyosho and buy into it. But since Orion moved in with Kyosho, good luck with that lol.

They are just to expensive to get into, especially since I'm getting into the battery pack market now and am gettin ready to sell some.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast