Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Not sure which to get

Old 08-12-2007, 06:33 PM
iplaytoomuchwow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Not sure which to get

What im trying to figure is which exceed/redcat to get. Its just for some backyard/friends farm bashing. Not sure wheter to get 1/10 elec, 1/10 nitro or the 1/8 nitro. I know that with nitro theres prolly more maintanence/tuning than the electric. Also not sure whether to get truck or buggy as to me its just an astetics thing but there may be more to it i do know in general trucks have more torque than buggies but thats about it. Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated and incase this was the wron forum to ask this in i apologize in advance. Prolly gonna order it monday morning b4 work. i know i didnt leave much time for feedback but i completely forgot about these forums till just now. also sorry for the horrible spelling/grammar.
Old 08-12-2007, 06:34 PM
Kemo

Default RE: Not sure which to get

opt for 1/8 scale. 1/8 scale vehicles break less often, and are generally less maintenance than 1/10 scale.
Old 08-12-2007, 06:35 PM
BackYardRacer

For bashing, If you have the money get a 1/8 truck
Old 08-12-2007, 06:37 PM
Chubbysdad
My Feedback: (1)

If looking for a redcat, the 1/8ths are much better quality than the 1/10ths. Steel spur gears and better clutchbells. Just my 2 cents. They dont even compare to each other.
Old 08-12-2007, 06:37 PM
Kemo

1/8 scale engines are a bit easier to tune too, especially the sport engines.
Old 08-12-2007, 08:56 PM
iplaytoomuchwow

was looking at exceed only for electric since they most likely have same motor as the redcat and id replace it as soon as i got it anyways. was figuring the redcats for nitro since they have the engine warranty. Whats the diffeence between the 1/8 truck or buggies? i figure since truck is slightly wider itd be more stable but no clue other than that.And yeah was looking at buying a redcat since they are cheaper and there isnt really a point to spending loads of cash on it if its just for bashing and ive had good luck with my import elec plane( thing has taken hits that would have killed my buddies stryker or hobbyzone cub and just needed a dusting off before i could fly it again)
Old 08-12-2007, 11:09 PM
Kemo

they dont have an engine warranty.

If they paid a engine manufacturer to OEM their engines, then I'm sure that they'd have their own engine warranty... but redcat would have to send the engines that come in their vehicles back to the building that manufactured the engine. That'd be either SH, vertex, or Toki. Too much paperwork, too many headaches.

If you like a vehicle with more ride height and ground clearance, then a truggy or even a monster truck is right up your alley.
Old 08-13-2007, 12:43 AM
iplaytoomuchwow

off their website [link=http://www.redcatracing.com/pressrelease.asp?id=1001]redcat engine replacement[/link]
Old 08-13-2007, 12:46 AM
Kemo

thats not warranty though. warranty is free, i just wanted to make that clear.

its a hell of a deal though.

you know... if you are still into electric, redcat has some info floating around about going or converting your vehicles to brushless.

I wouldn't be shocked if they released their own line of brushless vehicles too.
Old 08-13-2007, 12:54 AM
iplaytoomuchwow

true. so whats the handling/performance/durability differnce between the buggie, truggie and the truck. i kinda figur sine atleast with electrics buggies usualy have higher speed and trucks more torque but what is the truggie? would like to point out the only rc cars ive had we a tyco turbo hopper that ran untill a year ago when it got run over and a b4 se rtr which atm is a paperweight since i havent rebuilt the frontend yet(car+curb+mailbox+idiot friend driving= smashed front end). not sure which of the 3 i want the hurricane monsoon or avalanche
Old 08-13-2007, 12:58 AM
Kemo

believe it or not, a truggy is going to turn faster lap times than a buggy in most cases. mainly depending on the layout of the track.

As far as monster truck goes, its bulkier, not much, a little more clumsy feel to it... but for a reason: bashing purposes.
Old 08-13-2007, 01:10 AM
iplaytoomuchwow

so for bashin purposes the earthquake or avalanche might be the better choice? cause thats all ill be doing with it. plowing through the local sport fields and through my buddies fields. also since there probably isnt a dealer near me(there are 4 within a hour or so that sell exceed products) what would be some replacement parts to order incase of breakage. was thinking front arms and shock tower. though other than the avalanche being slightly larger and $50.00 more is there any major difference?
Old 08-13-2007, 01:52 AM
Kemo

the avalanche would be more stable. probably more fun too with knowing that.
Old 08-13-2007, 09:18 AM
Crazziee

Yeah,I agree with Kemo. I have an Avalanch XP and it's a great truck, Very stable in the corners and extremely fast!!

Just don't follow Redcats break in or you may have to get a new piston and sleeve. Just I like i did.

Old 08-13-2007, 09:45 PM
iplaytoomuchwow

yeah i ordered an avalanche and have no clue how to do the break in. figured id go to the hobbytown uup the road in the next few days and get their input. probably would have followed the redcat guide if you hadnt just warned me.