Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

are these redcat, just different name?

Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

are these redcat, just different name?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2007, 01:14 PM
tyhodge07

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default are these redcat, just different name?

these look just like the redcats, just a different name.. anyone own one of these, i might have to get me one and o brushless on it
http://www.nitrorcx.com/brne1scexsus.html
Old 09-11-2007, 01:27 PM
supersound99ss

Default RE: are these redcat, just different name?

i would say yes....i've heard of exceed somewhere on here, some of the veterans should know for sure
Old 09-11-2007, 02:10 PM
tyhodge07

they dont look to bad for the price either..
thats the one i like of them all, their the same price, and all 4 wheel drive.. i might have to get me one, since i just sold both my electrics, but i want something cheaper and a buggy, and new..

if someone has one, whats the durability of them.. and how fast stock do they come?, and what size motor is it, is it the same can size as normal 1/10th scales?
Old 09-11-2007, 02:41 PM
BackYardRacer

exceed is identical as redcat. I can switch any part of an exceed car and put it on the the same redcat. everythings identical. But i'd stick with redcat, theres people here to help. nobody from exceed is on that forum.
Old 09-11-2007, 02:43 PM
tyhodge07

if there the same thing, than anyone could help on either one, lol.. plus its electric, i know more about electric than nitro..
Old 09-11-2007, 02:45 PM
tyhodge07

also, the prices are different, pretty much all the same stuff (electronics dont matter, theyll be thrown out anyways) and the cheaper one has more of the look i want, i want black wheels and a blue/black combo body.. so its more of what i want.. and it looks like all redcat parts will fit right on.
Old 09-11-2007, 02:48 PM
tyhodge07

the only difference on the specs are the braking, dont know if its just worded different, but i aumme will work the same

exceed
Brake Type Linear Motor Driven

redcat:
Brake Type Reverse Braking
Old 09-11-2007, 03:31 PM
Kemo

lol... with out a speed control, you have no braking power. A brake forces the motor to stop turning once the speed control stops delivering power. Electric motors become generators when being driven by their output shaft (for example, by a wind-milling propeller). The more load you put on a generator, the harder it is to turn. A speed control brake simply places a load (a low resistance) across the motor terminals, making it difficult for the motor to turn. This is generally sufficient to stop it completely.
Old 09-11-2007, 04:14 PM
tyhodge07

ORIGINAL: Kemo

lol... with out a speed control, you have no braking power. A brake forces the motor to stop turning once the speed control stops delivering power. Electric motors become generators when being driven by their output shaft (for example, by a wind-milling propeller). The more load you put on a generator, the harder it is to turn. A speed control brake simply places a load (a low resistance) across the motor terminals, making it difficult for the motor to turn. This is generally sufficient to stop it completely.
so what ur sayin is the exceed one doesnt come with an esc, and the redcat one does? if thats the case, it still wouldnt make a difference for me, cuz everything would be changed electronic wise.. prolly to a cheap upgrade than eventually brushless... which i wont need any of that
Old 09-11-2007, 04:19 PM
tyhodge07

this site says reverse breaking
http://www.raidentech.com/brne1scexsus.html

the exceed site has them for 189 the first site posted has them like 100 cheaper..
Old 09-11-2007, 04:21 PM
Kemo

they have the same ESC. They just misinform the potential buyer with a slight misprint of information.

They also say that it comes with a NiMh battery pack... but the cells are actually NiCd.
Old 09-11-2007, 04:23 PM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that site says ready to run and $99, thats a pretty good deal if its the same as the redcat, i wonder what shipping is, but you dont get to hang out with us if you buy it there []
Old 09-11-2007, 04:24 PM
tyhodge07

it says ehroof replied last, but im not seeing anything from you?
Old 09-11-2007, 04:32 PM
tyhodge07

they have the same ESC. They just misinform the potential buyer with a slight misprint of information.

They also say that it comes with a NiMh battery pack... but the cells are actually NiCd.
yea i heard that, i got all my electrics sold with everything, so im starting all over.. but i want to go brushless, and i dont want to drop a bunch on a buggy.. so the cheaper the better since it all get upgraded anyways.. so ill prolly go with the exact one listed, than just upgrade to something for the time being, than prolly go brushless sometime around christmas, since, i can save up for the setup i want, cuz iw ont be running much in the winter, to cold, i hate the cold, and were looking to get a house in the next few months and money needs to stick around for the house..
Old 09-11-2007, 04:35 PM
Kemo

Now you are talkin the language! The new traxxas VXL brushless system is a good system for the money. I'm no fan of their vehicles... but they do have one heck of a BL system for the money.

The ESC accepts brushed and brushless... so even if you are on a budget, its a heck of a deal. Buy one part now, get the other later. That and the thing is already proven lipo friendly.

The downside to the VXL system is that you'll have to use trx plugs from here on out

Not like its a bad thing though. They are hittin the industry like wild fire right now.

-EDIT-

Linear motor driven... That means that the motor is in line with the drive system... or in other words, the motor is parallel to the drive shaft from front to the rear of the car. It means nothing as far as how it brakes
Old 09-11-2007, 05:17 PM
tyhodge07

you think the velineon is good for the price, like 180 off ebay for the setup (esc/motor) or would i be better off with a mamba setup? i dont really want to get a used one, just cuz i dont want to have to worry about anything.. so ill be buying new when im ready..
Old 09-11-2007, 08:15 PM
StephenW

i have a exceed nitro rc and i havent broke anything yet..Im a beginer so ive crashed it once for every blade of grass in my 3 acre yard. Mine goes really fast and havent had any problems.
Old 09-11-2007, 08:38 PM
tyhodge07

good to hear that.. ill be an exceed owner soon also, but electric.. [8D]
Old 09-11-2007, 09:09 PM
twomanytoys

I have looked at teh new traxxas plugs and they look prett nice. Kinda like deans but bigger. I think traxxas did good with the VXL. I love my nitros but the brushless looks very tempting.
Old 09-11-2007, 09:11 PM
tyhodge07

how much of the gearing you think ill have to change for a brushless setup? i assume ill have to go metal on some of the gears or itll just eat them up
Old 09-11-2007, 09:17 PM
twomanytoys

HMM good question because electric expecially brushless has all its torque fron bottom to top. Not sure how the gears will hold up.
Old 09-11-2007, 11:43 PM
tyhodge07

i guess ill just have to see.. ill look around and try to find other brand parts that may work out, and test fit them and see.. before i go with the setup..
Old 09-12-2007, 01:08 AM
Kemo

ORIGINAL: tyhodge07

you think the velineon is good for the price, like 180 off ebay for the setup (esc/motor) or would i be better off with a mamba setup? i dont really want to get a used one, just cuz i dont want to have to worry about anything.. so ill be buying new when im ready..
VXL is a excelent way to go. The mamba is of course going to be faster, because they have 5.7 kv motor... whereas the VXL is 3.5 kV.
Old 09-12-2007, 01:17 AM
tyhodge07

why can i never see your posts ehroof

and whys it say awaiting approval now when i post something
Old 09-12-2007, 08:56 AM
tyhodge07

ORIGINAL: tyhodge07

VXL is a excelent way to go. The mamba is of course going to be faster, because they have 5.7 kv motor... whereas the VXL is 3.5 kV.
i think ill go that way, its cheaper also

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.