Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Avalanche clutch bell question

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2007, 04:59 PM
Defmeq

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Avalanche clutch bell question

If I remember right someone said that a kyosho Inferno clutch bell would swap in for the stock redcat Avalanche bell. I think someone said there stock bell was wobbling and causing alignment proglems with the bell and spur gear. I think this might be happening to me and i wanted to ask before i order anything. It would have to be a one gear bell right? If this would work does anyone know a good spot to buy this part?

Thanks, Defm
Old 09-16-2007, 09:05 PM
moonsoon

Default RE: Avalanche clutch bell question

The problem may be that the clutch bearings are not the correct size so take it apart and check.If it is the problem traxxas tmaxx clutch bell bearings will fit.
Old 09-16-2007, 11:52 PM
Defmeq

Im pretty sure that isnt the case, i have already switched the bearing out once and i think they fit good.
Old 09-21-2007, 03:07 PM
Defmeq

I still cant seem to figure this out, anyone have any new ideas or think i should just get another redcat clutch bell. Im starting to think i got a melon here, everyone elses avalanches seem to be working good but i havent had my running right for more than a few days at a time since i got the thing. Its just so hard to diagnose this last problem, im to the point of just buying parts untill i figure out which one needed replaced.

Defm
Old 09-21-2007, 04:38 PM
twomanytoys

You never really said what your problem is.
Old 09-22-2007, 11:21 AM
Defmeq

sorry i guess its been a little while since i tried to get help here. I just started my major at illinois state so its hard to get alot of time into my truck. But im gettin sick of it not working and i just gotta figure this out. I know its not alot compared to some but i got over 500 bucks invested in that damn thing. I explained it in this thread http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_62...tm.htm#6277922
PLease take a look if you guys got a minute, this is really frustrating and confusing.

Thanks, Defm
Old 09-26-2007, 10:41 PM
Defmeq

Bump!! sorry but i had to, still tryin to get this figured out

Defm
Old 09-27-2007, 09:17 PM
Abileneminimoto

There is a 12 and 14 tooth clutchbell coming out Monday I think from Redcat. I am a dealer for them and spoke with them today. It will be better than the 10 thats on there now. So hold tight. Now I have a Avalanche too. It was a bugger at 1st. If found that the Low Speed and High speed needle was out of adjustment out of the box. I would start and run for a sec and remove the Starter and boom, Would Die, Leave the Starter on for a while and it would run until you removed it.. It was just set tooo tooo Rich. So take your temp gauge and get around 220-235 and its doing great. The low speed needle is real touchy. Once you get this figured out, its awsome. Now as far as the Cluch bell having problems, I have none on my stock one. I run the hell out of it and still nothing. Matter of fact this Avalanche has taken some hard hits and O still have not messed anything up.[:-]
Old 09-27-2007, 11:38 PM
Defmeq

I might have to buy one of those new bells, sounds promising. Thanks! any estimate on their cost?
Old 09-28-2007, 06:53 AM
Abileneminimoto

I am not sure but I will let you know. It should not be to bad. If it is I will help hook ya up/