Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Tornado BB

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2007, 07:08 PM
wolverine330

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tornado BB

I know these questions have prolly been asked before, but I'm kinda new to the nitro world and would appreciate any help!!

I own a Tornado BB, as a starter buggy. I would like to upgrade the tires or maybe go a little bigger. I'm having some issues keeping good traction on the track. Does anybody have any suggestions as to what tires would fit my buggy, I've heard Rustler wheels and tires would fit. Also I had to replace the spur gears in my transmission due to some small rocks getting into it and just smoking my gears and clutch bell. (I'll for-warn everybody, small rocks do serious damage, LOL) Now I cannot get my buggy to shift into second gear, I'm certain the buggy quit shifting immediately following the break in period. I believe I have replaced everything correctly, because the buggy rolls freely in neutral and drives great. Don't really need second gear, but hey its fun to have. My main concern right now is getting the buggy set-up a little hire and grabbing some better traction. Anybody have any ideas........

Thanks for the help

Wolv.
Old 09-25-2007, 07:15 PM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Tornado BB

i used rustler rears and hole shot tires

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXFHL9&P=7
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...p?&I=LXJJ86&P=
Old 09-25-2007, 07:24 PM
quadzilla122

i use the stock rims and panther step pins for rear but i dont know for the front.I have pictures of the tires in my gally and my car is taller in the back. http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXNPP5&P=7
Old 09-25-2007, 07:57 PM
wolverine330

well its a four wheel drive buggy. and if i'm correct you want the same size tires all the way around...
Old 09-25-2007, 07:59 PM
wolverine330

did the rustler wheels give you more of a stance, and widen up you frame a bit? Bisically I'd like a little more tread on the ground and a little bit taller stance. Also do that How bad will I throw of my gear ratio?
Old 09-25-2007, 07:59 PM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yes you do, you will mess up the gears with different sized tires
Old 09-25-2007, 10:37 PM
el_tonto

Since Tornado is a 4wd you'll need to use the rustler rear wheels for your front too. The rustler fronts don't have the 12mm hex.
Old 09-26-2007, 10:20 AM
fahaka

As for the shifting if you have everything set up correctly there is a chance that you might need to adjust the grub screw in the transmission. It sets the second gear kick to kick in at different RPMS the tighter that grub screw is pushed into the spring the longer it will take to shift and vice versa.
Old 09-26-2007, 06:37 PM
wolverine330

Hey thanks man, I knew what the screw did. I was unsure of which way to turn it though..