Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

shifting problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 03:43 PM
BackYardRacer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default shifting problem

Put a motor in the buggy i got last night and forgot its stuck in 1st. Car was super fast off start and got high RPM really quick. Will it harm the engine or anything like that if its set up to stay in first gear? I know where to fix it and how but which one of the screws do i adjust. Theres 2 ive seen the picture somewhere but forgot. And is a good starting point 2 turns out from tight? thats what ive heard.If its not harming anything i may leave it like it is because its super fast and i think it could handle the track near my house. Huge jumps but track is smooth
Old 10-08-2007, 03:50 PM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: shifting problem

you can leave it, just dont rev the engine at high rpm's for too long. the screw you adjust is the one that turns, one if for adjustment one it to keep the 2 speed shifter on the shaft. 2 turns out is a good starting point. Most races are only single speed, 2 speeds arent legal except in open class races.
Old 10-08-2007, 05:25 PM
BackYardRacer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: shifting problem

well i already tried to unscrew the one that takes an allen wrench. i couldnt get it. I may try again tonight but if it wont work i'll just leave it. Thats the only reason i wanted to change it was so i could hold high RPM longer. Thats why i asked because i could tell by listening that i probably shouldnt hold it too long.