Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

What does it mean when...???

Old 10-18-2007, 11:46 PM
DamselStruction

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What does it mean when...???

Hey Guys,

A while ago I was having problems getting my Tornado type thing in tune, thought I was oil fouling plugs but in fact I was burning the elements out of them by running too lean. Well anyway, you guys helped me out and once I got a clue, I've been able to use the same plug for weeks at a time sometimes.

After I run a full tank through the engine, I can't get the engine started right away again without letting it cool down first. I try to prime the engine but when I do I can often see the fuel retreating back up the fuel line because it's boiling as I pressure prime it into the engine. Also, while the engine is hot after a full tank run, it feels like it has very weak compression as you try to start it. Once it cools, the compression feels great and it will start right up, but while hot it's like I'm wasting my time...

Do any of you guys know what might be going on here?

Thanks in advance,

Jim
Old 10-19-2007, 01:22 AM
giddyuperic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: What does it mean when...???

What are your runing temps at?????? Sounds like you are getting to hot and causing vapor lock or boil over, you might what to richen up the mixture and see if that brings you temps down. You want them aroung 220 to 260 over that I would say you are way to hot. So try first to run it around and get it going good and thne take a temp reading and go from there. I would think from what you are saying you will be riching up the mixture to cool her down.
Old 10-19-2007, 06:57 AM
xoutas

loss of compression and not being able to start the motor when it is hot could be a sign of a blown engine.
Old 10-20-2007, 12:44 AM
shoota0075

but would a blown engine even start after it cooled down?
Old 10-20-2007, 07:43 AM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yes
Old 10-20-2007, 10:04 AM
rc_crazy21

The blown motor will start(like mentioned) But you will notice a loss in power and compression when starting.