Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

broken clutch spring

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2007, 12:31 AM
shoota0075

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default broken clutch spring

what r some of signs of a broken clutch spring? (tsunami)
Old 10-21-2007, 12:41 AM
glk420247

Default RE: broken clutch spring

If you take your clutch bell off and the spring just falls out or pops out. Like you said yours did in your other post. On each end of the spring there should be hooks. You hook both of them together then put it around the clutch. This is how you put it back on and what it should look like.
Old 10-21-2007, 12:47 AM
shoota0075

thanks for the info ,yes my spring is broke on one end, but i am still wondering if i have a blown motor,thats why i ask what are some of the signs of a broken spring ,like would it make it run hot, hard to tune , hard to start when it is hot , hard to tune etc ?
Old 10-21-2007, 06:44 AM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it would make it hard to start on the ground and stall when you hit the brake, get a new spring, traxxas 4146x or the hpi firstorm clutch shoe setup will work, if you have no lhs and order online then get this: http://www.clermontmotorsports.com/s...-spring/Detail
Old 10-21-2007, 07:54 AM
glk420247

I love using this clutch set up . This is the HPI A885 set up it is kinda pricey but worth it. I have had this clutch set up since March and no wear. Hear is a link so you can take a look at it. [link=http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/WTI0095P?FVPROFIL=++&FVSEARCH=a885&search=Go]HPI A885[/link]

Sorry Eddie I am not trying to say you setups are not any good. Because they are, alot better than the stock set ups. I just like this one alot.

Later Fong [8D]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ur52044.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	41.9 KB
ID:	787095  
Old 10-21-2007, 10:09 AM
shoota0075

ehroof , if i just buy the traxxas clutch shoes and spring , i notice it says i will just need to use the spring on my redcat , why would i not use the traxxas shoes also ? and how would i know that my shoes that i already have are bad? they look clean and show no sign of wear , but is this something the naked eye should be able to see? ALSO , I WANT TO THANK ALL YOU GUYS FOR HELPING THIS NEWBIE OUT, I AM ADICTED TO LEARNING THIS NITRO R/C STUFF , I KNOW I HAVE A LONG WAY TO GO, NOW I'M STILL NOT SURE MY MOTOR IS NOT BLOWN ,BUT IT'S STARTING TO LOOK LIKE IT WAS JUST THAT LITTLE SPRING , THANKS TO YOU GUYS ,MAY HAVE SAVED ME FROM HAVING TO BUY ANOTHER MOTOR WE SHALL SEE.
Old 10-21-2007, 12:18 PM
twomanytoys

Shoota the traxxas clutch shoes will not fit. They are too small. Just use the spring and put the factory clutch back in. Or just get the HPi clutch shoes that also comes with the spring.
Old 10-21-2007, 05:25 PM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: glk420247

I love using this clutch set up . This is the HPI A885 set up it is kinda pricey but worth it. I have had this clutch set up since March and no wear. Hear is a link so you can take a look at it. [link=http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/WTI0095P?FVPROFIL=++&FVSEARCH=a885&search=Go]HPI A885[/link]

Sorry Eddie I am not trying to say you setups are not any good. Because they are, alot better than the stock set ups. I just like this one alot.

Later Fong [8D]
no problem bro, thats a great clutch, its adjustable to if you cut it, i forgot about that one.

fong
Old 10-22-2007, 12:04 PM
shoota0075

why would i not just get a replacement from redcat, would the hpi or the traxxas spring be that much better?
Old 10-22-2007, 12:16 PM
twomanytoys

The redcat springs break alot. Thats why you have the problem in the first place. The traxxas or hpi wont break on you.