Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

minor buggy problems

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2007, 11:09 AM
BackYardRacer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default minor buggy problems

ok swapped my 2 speed buggy to single speed last night. Tried it out this morning, and it wasnt getting tuned worth the crap. i had it 2 1/4 turns out, drove it around a minute. when it came back, the idling was going up and down and the car was bogging and then finally shut off. I looked at the hsn and it was like only 1 turn out!!!! somehow it like vibrated in or somethin cause it went more then a full turn in by itself. so i retuned it, again, then the front dogbone fell out and i had rear wheel drive. went inside, fixed that. Finally that was all the problems for the morning. Went out to tune it in the road and it ran much better. But its been doing the tuning thing lately. Should i get ready to get a new motor soon? use the redcat program and get an SH .18? cause idk why its doing that. it will usually stop doing that after a few minutes and start running good tho
Old 10-27-2007, 11:55 AM
BackYardRacer

Default RE: minor buggy problems

and agian, right when i took the first lap on my "track" , the dogbone and the drive cup thats connected to the trans both fell off. thats the 2nd time so i tride to locktite the little screw in the drive cup buts its stripped! so all i did was super glue the crap out of it and its lock tight. i couldnt move it a bit. about to go try it out agian and see what happens
Old 10-27-2007, 08:23 PM
codokas

Default RE: minor buggy problems

right when i took the first lap on my "track" , the dogbone and the drive cup thats connected to the trans both fell off. thats the 2nd time so i tride to locktite the little screw in the drive cup buts its stripped! so all i did was super glue the crap out of it and its lock tight

I too have stripped grub screws.I've had them where I couldn't get them out,the heads ended up rounded out.So I got a drill bit that just fit into the hex,and started to drill,the grub screw was rotated out the botom on the joint,new grub screw and locktite and I was back in business