Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

anyone in Vancouver B.C. Canada

Old 03-17-2008, 10:39 PM
ohsobrown

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: anyone in Vancouver B.C. Canada

when should i use this oil? i ran my car yesterday until all the remaining fuel ran out of the line. i dont have any of the oil as of yet, should i spray wd-40 in it? and where should i spray it?
Old 03-17-2008, 10:42 PM
ohsobrown

where should i spray this oil? i ran my car yesterday until the remaing fuel inside the engine ran out. and i dont have any of this oil at this moment, should i use WD-40? and where should i spray it?
Old 03-17-2008, 10:48 PM
5lagd

when you are done running your car, take out the glow plug and take off the air filter. put a few drops in your carb opening and in the cylender put the air filter back on. pull the pullstart a few times and make sure it is at bottom dead centre, and put the glow plug back in.
Old 03-17-2008, 10:53 PM
jumpanddrop

i have heard that after run oil is unessasay unless you are going to let you car sit for more then a week or 2. i personly dont like to spray wd 40 in my engine.
Old 03-17-2008, 10:56 PM
ohsobrown

i honestly dont like the sounds of WD-40 at all..
is it common for my muffler to be dripping out oil..when i tipped my car to its side today, all this blue oil, with a bit of yellow started to come out..is this normal?
Old 03-17-2008, 10:58 PM
jumpanddrop

what color is your fuel u run. it probebly should be the same color. its just from running rich, it dosent hurt anything. what kinda fuel u burnin???
Old 03-17-2008, 11:02 PM
ohsobrown

i am burning the blue stuff.its a 20.
Old 03-17-2008, 11:09 PM
ohsobrown

how can i stop it from burning lean?
Old 03-17-2008, 11:52 PM
jumpanddrop

i think there will always be a little oil in the pipe. burning rich is ok tho dosent hurt anything but you just might not get the performace you would want for racing and such
Old 03-18-2008, 12:02 AM
ohsobrown

so i should basically watch that video on YOU-TUBE to learn to tune my engine so it doesnt burn rich?
Old 03-18-2008, 12:03 AM
ohsobrown

I just hope that Rob guy doesnt leave me hanging here. I really dont want to have to make a trip out to Nanaimo to buy some parts.
Old 03-18-2008, 12:32 AM
Vancouver Hobbies

Hey ohsobrown. I got your phone message and I have the parts you need. I'm already in bed and my wife is sleeping beside me. Too late to take your call.

I'm heading out of town for a few days as of tomorrow...sorry. I'll try to give you a call ASAP so we can get your truggy on the road.

Thanks again for the call.

Rob
Redcat Dealer
Vancouver, BC Canada
[email protected]
Old 03-18-2008, 01:51 AM
ranger4x4

ORIGINAL: retard1322

Ya they dont know what a timmies is... lol

(sory for any one form the US that knows that it is...)
don't forget the timbits to go with the coffee
Old 03-18-2008, 12:08 PM
Cam_132

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ya gota love timbits!!! bite sized!!!
Old 03-18-2008, 01:17 PM
Redcat_Mike

I woudln't use wd-40 as after run oil, guys. After run oil is not necessary unless your planning on storing your car for awhile. I only put after run oil in if im going to store it for a month or more. To put the after run oil in just put some in the carb and turn the engine over. If you already used wd-40, i would make sure to let it all burn out completely before giving your motor any throttle the first time you fire it up.
Old 03-18-2008, 01:51 PM
ehroof

i wouldnt use wd40 for aro either but to tell people not to use aro unless they are not going to use their car for a month or more is not real sound advice, moisture can get inside the engine in a matter of hours if not being used. You should use aro at the end of every running day, its cheap insurance.
Old 03-18-2008, 01:56 PM
Redcat_Mike

i didn't say not too, i said you dont HAVE to. I think you misunderstood what i was saying. When faced with using WD-40 or nohting, use nothing. Like i said, i dont use it in mine and i'm going on gallon 5 on my current engine, i race once a week though. Also i live in a dry environment. To each his own ,if you want to use after run oil it certainly cant hurt.
Old 03-18-2008, 02:55 PM
ehroof

ORIGINAL: Redcat_Mike

i didn't say not too, i said you dont HAVE to. I think you misunderstood what i was saying. When faced with using WD-40 or nohting, use nothing. Like i said, i dont use it in mine and i'm going on gallon 5 on my current engine, i race once a week though. Also i live in a dry environment. To each his own ,if you want to use after run oil it certainly cant hurt.

not everyone on the forum here lives in a dry climate, i live on the east coast off the water and things rust up sometimes in the matter of hours, to generalize stuff is not such a great idea, people should use it and not after a month, after your done running for the day. You never know when your going to run again (not meaning you, meaning anyone) so a few drops cant hurt anyone.
Old 03-18-2008, 10:12 PM
ohsobrown

Anyways. I dont want to start an argument here because of my lack of knowledge, but i dont appreaciate all the advice that I am receiving..You guys are pretty cool on my books for taking the time to reply back.[8D]
Is it common for my rear shocks to be leaking oil? I just noticed that they have some drops of oil or grease on the bottom joints. And how can i tighten them up so they wont leak
Old 03-18-2008, 10:17 PM
5lagd

ORIGINAL: ohsobrown

how can i stop it from burning lean?

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_4207842/tm.htm is a tuning guide. most of what you need to know is in here http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_5399029/tm.htm
Old 03-19-2008, 12:42 AM
ohsobrown

That totally came out wrong. I meant to say, that i do appreaciate all the help that im getting..i should really check my spelling..my bad..lol..
Anyways, this forum is really cool. I was so worried 48 hours ago, now everything is starting to hopefully pan out.
Old 03-19-2008, 03:48 AM
ranger4x4

living out in the "beach" you would want to use after run oil at the end of each running day, i know what it's like out there. i lived in north van for 10 years and the salt in the air out there is murder on anything made of metal. like ehroof said it's cheap insurance. that guy will never steer you wrong. wd-40 is good for cleaning the outside of your rc but keep it out of the engine. if you ask anyone on this forum about ehroof they will all tell you he will never give out bad advice, he really knows his stuff. plus he is really good guy, he never made me feel stupid for asking a dumb question( ok it was a noob question lol). actualy nobody on this forum has made me feel stupid for asking any question at all. i have heard of some guys using "marvel mystery oil instead of after run oil but aro is only a few bucks, and well worth it i think.
Old 03-19-2008, 07:58 AM
ehroof

thanks bro for the words ranger

also with the shocks, it depens on whic shocks you have, the aluminum shocks have a collar nut on the bottom that can be tightned, the plastic ones may need new o rings but your better off upgrading them to something better.
Old 03-21-2008, 10:24 AM
ohsobrown

So i think today is the day that Rob is going to help me with my car. I couldnt sleep last night at all. I feel like a little kid again. Cant wait to get er' running.
I'm also buying a Traxxas Rustler today..Is it true that you can swap parts with the Traxxas and Redcats?
Old 03-21-2008, 02:11 PM
jumpanddrop

some parts. i know you can use tmaxx shocks and traxxas clutches and springs

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.