Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Who ran what

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Who ran what

So, who ran what this weekend? I went away and didnt get a chance to run anything. Any good stories?
    125 characters and 2 lines is not enough to list my RC obsession!!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Who ran what

I need fuel[]

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

You need to figure out what truck you are going to get!!!!!

Finished breaking in and fine tuning my st1.
    The one with the most toys wins. I think I may have a good chance of winning.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Tried to break in and fine tune my hurricane xp......but no good. Dang thing wont stay running...[:@] Think its too rich!!

Wolv.
    Hurricane XP Tornado BB

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

try a hotter plug!!! Also try leaning the low end needle a little if you having a hard time keeping it running, like a 1/4 turn

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ed when we going to meet up before it gets really really cold ?
    CLERMONTHOBBY/CLERMONTMOTORSPORTS

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

soon brother man, soon. I had to go upstate and settle some dealings. Lets see how this weekends goes.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I ran my buggy this week since my tsunami was down. Ran awsome!! yes up a jump on my curb and ramped from the road all the way down the hill in my yard. Pretty far. once it flipped and flipped and flippped about 20 feet. it was flipping so long it finally shut off. Picked it up and started it up and kept going. finally had to stop cause my glowplug ignitor went dead!!

i'll start posting pictures of my cars in action now that i figured out how

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ran my monsoon and hurricane this weekend. Both running awesome. Keep getting asked or people thinking my monsoon is a Cen Matrix because of the body with NO REDCAT STICKERS!!! Have to keep saying it is a monsoon and taking the body of to show them becuase they do not think so at some other tracks I go to.HEY REDCAT, SHOW ME THE STIIIICKERRRRSSS
    Don\'\'t jump on the bandwagon...CRUSH IT

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I havent driven any nitro rc for like 3 months. []Only electrics.
    I wanna make a jigsaw puzzle that\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'s 40,000 pieces. And when you finish it, it says \'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'go outside.\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i ran my tsunami last thursday at my buddies house, he has a revo thats all done up and he is building a track in his yard. just a little figure 8 that goes down in the middle and up on a pretty good hill on both sides. kinda cool.

he has a bmx bike type ramp that launches you to the top of the hill on one side. i was able to get my tsunami to do complete backflips and land on all 4 tires! pretty rough on it, i found i never land on the throttle, it breaks stuff. broke both front axles, front dogbone, and stripped one of the wheel hexes where the little pin goes in.

i was happy to see though that i could keep up decent with the revo, as far as speed i was fine, just didnt work so well in the rough parts of the track, not enough ground clearance, and crappy stock suspension. we changed the oil in the shocks and that helped a ton though. im going to go back again when i get some replacement parts and get some video of the backflipping tsunami

of course by the time i go back over there, i may have my avalanche, then we will see whats up with that revo
    Redcat Avalanche
    Redcat Tsunami

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Avalanche is the truck bro, i love mine!!!! handles in the air great. No problem against the revo

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

haven't run my trucks ina while all are down with some problem just ordered the parts i needed and will be running again 2
    tornado bb, firestorm what to get next?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I wish redcat would upgrade the dogbones and drive cups on all there cars. Thats all those cars need and they will be 100% unstopable. I saw the axles on a revo the other day for the first time and those things are thick!!!! No wonder that car can handle anything. Thats the only thing that ever breaks on my car when i jump is the axles

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

yea they are thick, but they are also plastic. totally different animals there.

I do wonder if any of the axles or dogbones could be taken from a tmaxx or revo and put on a 1/10th redcat.

i did find a hpi shaft that has a universal joint on one end to replace my rear driveshaft (trans to rear diff). i posted the part number somewhere on here. it was like 20 bucks in the discount bins at hobbytown. they were also hpi cups that were much more heavy duty looking, since i put those on i havent broke a rear shaft. i just swapped my front cups thursday when that driveshaft broke.

cups wear axle binds axle breaks. universals mean no bind, they should have universals on both ends of the driveshafts coming from the trans. would never have a problem then.
    Redcat Avalanche
    Redcat Tsunami

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: ehroof

Avalanche is the truck bro, i love mine!!!! handles in the air great. No problem against the revo
    Yea, matter of time. Im ordering two from Clermont (support the guys who support us!!). one is going to be mine, the other is a xmas gift for my dad that my brothers and sister are pitching in on. soon as i get some money from them i hope to have them on their way!
    Redcat Avalanche
    Redcat Tsunami

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Sunday was a great R/C day for me. I called up my buddy down the street who owns a Losi Aftershock and we decided to play. After we adjusted the tune on his truck we started running on pavement. I won 2 or 3 drag races pretty easily. We managed to keep them full trottle for about 3/4 of a block which was pretty intense. On our last drag race we made it to the end of the block and smashed into each other sideways at close to full speed, my heart skipped a beat. My truck flipped several times and landed upright, his kart-wheeled for atleast 20 feet and also landed upright. I was very impressed with the durability of both trucks, neither had a scratch. After a few games of pool we decided to fire them back up and run them through his tore up back yard that had lots of small bumps and dirt hills and a bunch of chopped wood to climb around on. To end the day we both got some kind of wierd interferance that caused our trucks to start acting up at the same time. He flipped his and mine just stopped right in front of him. While he was bending over to flip his truck back over both trucks went full throttle completely by themselves and mine drove right up his arm and flipped over sideways. He looked up at me like I was nuts.

Defm~

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

nice, 1 word, VIDEO

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

lol sounds pretty fun!! i wish i had somebody to drive with. I know one kid at my middle school who has a t-maxx and Revo. Were not really friends and i dont think he'd take the time to hook up and drive somewhere

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

you should ask, most people have alot in common in this hobby, its a great way to make friends, i do all the time and i am 38 and every week i make new friends, either thru the forums, local hobby shop or at the park or track.