Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Well here are mine!!!!

Old 11-05-2007, 08:22 PM
wolverine330

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Well here are mine!!!!

Hurricane Xp and the little brother Tornado BB!!!!

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

Wolv.
Old 11-05-2007, 08:39 PM
BackYardRacer

Default RE: Well here are mine!!!!

sweet. Deffinetly a big difference between the two!!
Old 11-05-2007, 08:48 PM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nice, very nice
Old 11-05-2007, 08:49 PM
Chubbysdad
My Feedback: (1)

nice.. is that a limp antenna?
lol
Old 11-05-2007, 08:50 PM
AllAboutFunHobbies

a Limp antenna would be a bummer []
Old 11-05-2007, 08:54 PM
Chubbysdad

I also have a question for ya . Do you run your hurricane on the track? I noticed your back suspension. I have never seen the shock lowered that much lol.. It must be really stiff.
Old 11-05-2007, 08:59 PM
giddyuperic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Shock springs control nothing but ride height that is it, the stiff ness comes from the oil weight as you can see how high his rear end is sitting.
Old 11-05-2007, 09:00 PM
Chubbysdad

not true at all. With that pushing down that much it is very stiff. It compresses the spring. It does control the height I am not disagreeing with that, but it definately changes the stiffness. I was just asking him a question not looking to argue
Old 11-05-2007, 09:34 PM
wolverine330

Well Clermont good eyes....and yes that does affect some of the handling. I will (as soon as break-in is done) run it on somewhat of a track. A few buddies and I have our own track, really kinda nice. (I'll get some pics up) I was basically just looking to add a little height to the buggy, and prolly won't leave them that way. But I gotta tell you, the suspension isn't as stiff as you may think. I left the factory weight oil in the shocks, I personally like the feel. I will possibly lower the buggy back down and see about getting some heavier weight oil to make them a little stiffer. Really is about perfect in my books. I have an issue, I don't care much for the buggy bottoming itself out when it lands off what jumps we have made. And with it set-up the way it is, the front and rear end won't bottom out.

As far as the antenna goes on the Tornado, that is the aftermath of being ran over a few times by two friends called Traxxus Revos....LOL What my buddies race. I plan on the Hurricane paying them back for what they have done..[8D]

Wolv.
Old 11-05-2007, 10:44 PM
Chubbysdad

sometimes being soft is a good things lol. I keep my truggy pretty soft for my track and it handles great. We have a 40 foot jump and yes it bottoms out, any car will at that length, but the handleing is great...
Old 11-05-2007, 11:08 PM
wolverine330

yeah i will agree 100%.....I am mainly just messing around with it, I really wanted to see what kind of height I could get out of it. Just wanted to sit it beside a buddies Revo, suprisingly it sat up rather nice. But Like I said it's really not as stiff as you might imagine. It a little more stiff than out of the box, but I really do like the height gain. I'll see how it reacts once it's broke in. I just have a couple of Revo's that I'm wanting to pay back, and I really don't know if they'll be able to keep up with this Hurricane or not. Trying to match up the Tornado BB against them wasn't really a fair advantage. They kinda used it as a ramp, as you can see. I firmly believe they'll have a pretty tough time just trying to keep up with the Hurricane. LOL all I know is that with all the licks that little tornado took from racing them, it did break a Revo's lower A-arm....[8D]
Old 11-06-2007, 08:13 AM
Chubbysdad

on a track.. the revo doesn't have a c hance in heck against the big block huricane. The only down fall to the buggies on a track is the width. You can roll it over if your not careful. Otherwise, the revo doesn't have a chance in heck so dont worry about that
Old 11-06-2007, 04:42 PM
allenthen831

ORIGINAL: Clermont Hobby

on a track.. the revo doesn't have a c hance in heck against the big block huricane. The only down fall to the buggies on a track is the width. You can roll it over if your not careful. Otherwise, the revo doesn't have a chance in heck so dont worry about that
i raced my 1/8th scale buggy couple weeks ago and i didnt roll over at all i like buggys better then truggies i think buggies u get a better jump and i think buggys go faster [:'(]
Old 11-06-2007, 05:25 PM
wolverine330

Good to hear, because they have some payment coming their way. After mis-treating my Tornado BB.. I just hope I can get her broke in, but i'm still sure the low end adjustment is just allowing too much fuel by..

Wolv