Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

Does anyone know where I can buy the screws to hold the .18 CXP Pull Starter on the backplate.

Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Does anyone know where I can buy the screws to hold the .18 CXP Pull Starter on the backplate.

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2007, 04:57 PM
DamselStruction

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does anyone know where I can buy the screws to hold the .18 CXP Pull Starter on the backplate.

Hey Guys,

Does anyone know where I can buy the small machine screws which hold the Pull Starter on the backplate? They are listed in my manual as Engine Part # R021 for the .18 CXP Engine. I have looked at the dealers but I dont' see where anyone has that part listed because it's a Vertex part.

If anyone knows where I can buy these OR what size they are, please let me know ASAP so I can order them from a Redcat Dealer OR order them from RTL.

Thanks in advance guys, (Especially you forum moderator.... for keeping everything so clean and squeaky...)

Jim
Old 11-10-2007, 05:12 PM
eclipseaudio4

Default RE: Does anyone know where I can buy the screws to hold the .18 CXP Pull Starter on the backplate.

try clermontmotorsports.com and allaboutfunhobbies.com
Old 11-10-2007, 08:43 PM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Does anyone know where I can buy the screws to hold the .18 CXP Pull Starter on the backplate.

i am not to sure what size they are, drop dennis an email at [email protected] if he doesnt know you can ask nick at redcat racing.
Old 11-10-2007, 09:24 PM
DamselStruction

Thanks Ehroof,

I got in touch with Dennis at Clermont and he's going to throw some in the mail on monday. I may also go by my LHS tomorrow if they're open and try to score some down there.

Thanks,

Jim
Old 11-10-2007, 09:25 PM
ehroof

good bro, i am glad he helped you out.
Old 11-10-2007, 11:26 PM
giddyuperic

Try ACE hardwear ACE is the place I get 80% of my nut's and bolts from them and they are cheaper to.
Old 11-10-2007, 11:37 PM
Syclone354

yea ace does have a pretty good selection. i got some new engine mount screws there in stainless so the heads wouldnt get so banged up
Old 11-12-2007, 08:50 AM
kickman

Can someone tall me if i can put 44 and a 39 tooth spur gear in my tornado ? And if i can what will change
Old 11-12-2007, 07:16 PM
ehroof

yes and it will give you more top end
Old 11-13-2007, 04:08 AM
kickman

Thankyou for the info ehroof
Old 11-13-2007, 08:24 PM
hrdcoreglf

What part of florida are you from? There is a company here named broward Bolt. I live in Boca near pompano beach. I usually try there first, they have just about every bolt, nut, screw you could ever need. If you don't have the origional just bring the part the bolt, nut , screw goes into and they will match it. Plus you can upgrade to stainless or hardened, if you want. If not there Grainger carries alot also. That is where I buy my E clips. 100 E clips for $1.99. Just bring in an E clip and they will match it. Good luck
Old 05-28-2008, 11:22 AM
teksigns
My Feedback: (1)

no one ever said what size they are ?

any idea?
Old 05-28-2008, 11:32 AM
chevyderek72

do what i did, take your engine down to the hardware store and match it up. the only ones i could find were a little too small, so if i screwed them in too tight it would strip it. so i just put a lot of lock tite on it and got them snug and it hasn't come off yet haha.