Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Monsoon - Throttle and braking

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 06:05 PM
BackYardRacer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Monsoon - Throttle and braking

Okk i just broke it my monsoon like on saterday and ive driven it twice since then. It runs great this thing is wayyyyyyyy super fast. But my throttle sticks a little. Well not really stick, but when i hit the throttle, then let off, it doesnt go back all the way. It goes back to about 1/4 throttle. To get it back to idle i hafta hit the brakes. Its kinda a little problem but when your driving its really a pain in the butt! Ive tried adjusting it with the idleling, that wasnt it, idleling was fine. It doesnt close when i hit the brakes, it goes back to idle, like it should. It just doesnt go back to idle after i hit the brakes. Also i cant get my brakes to work as good as they should. Usually if you hit the brakes, it stops pretty quick and you can see the front end go down, mine doesnt do that. I think the rear brake shaft is sticking a little.

I dont know if its like servo problem or somethin like that, i know the brakes arent cause the servo, the rear brake shaft is just really stiff and not moving back and forth. The front brake shaft moves back and forth with the servo but not the rear brake shaft.

lol hope thats not too comfusing.
Old 11-13-2007, 06:10 PM
FlyinGN

Default RE: Monsoon - Throttle and braking

is the pull start getting in the way? Its common for that to happen
Old 11-13-2007, 06:25 PM
BackYardRacer

The pullstart is no where near it.
Old 11-13-2007, 06:37 PM
FlyinGN

is the linkage rubbing against the fins?
Old 11-13-2007, 06:46 PM
twomanytoys

flyinGn,

Not to be rude but do you even know how the monsoon is set up or are you just guessing?
Old 11-13-2007, 06:57 PM
BackYardRacer

Yea i think your thinking the 1/10 scales. The monsoon is a totally different setup.
Old 11-13-2007, 06:59 PM
twomanytoys

Backyard,

Are you sure your settings are right on your remote?
Old 11-13-2007, 07:24 PM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

bro, my pal xhoutas had the same problem with the monsoon and it turned out to be the servo, get a good servo and you will be ok.
Old 11-13-2007, 07:49 PM
vnmsgt

I think it is the servo too. With the truck not running but the switch on check and see if it does the same thing when you open the throttle and let off. If it does then take off the servo arm on the throttle servo so you can see the gear on top of the servo. Then do the same thing and watch the gear on the servo move. It it still does it with nothing attached to the top of the servo you know for sure it is the servo. I would also try and lube the back brake linkage to see if it frees up.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:11 PM
Chubbysdad
My Feedback: (1)

yeah sounds like the servo. Also put some fuel tubing on the brake control arms.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:14 PM
twomanytoys

Would that be under warranty since he just bought it.

And Backyard its not just a redcat problem. ALL RTR rc's come with cheap servos.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:14 PM
FlyinGN

sorry. No one was helping him so I was giving him easy ideas. Did not realize that the 1/8th scale was that much different

ORIGINAL: twomanytoys

flyinGn,

Not to be rude but do you even know how the monsoon is set up or are you just guessing?
Old 11-13-2007, 08:24 PM
twomanytoys

No big deal.
Old 11-13-2007, 09:14 PM
vnmsgt

Hey, at least you were trying to help. By the way it is not worth trying to warranty it. You can find a real good throttle servo for about 10-15 dollars that will last a long time. I use spektrum 270 or jr 270 servos for my throttle and you can find them cheap on ebay. Your LHS should have some just like them and no shipping charge. Another idea is to put your steering servo on your throttle and spend an extra 20-30 dollars or so and get yourself a good steering servo because you steering servo WILL go bad soon.
Old 11-14-2007, 12:15 AM
Defmeq

Getting new servos is kinda a must if they are anything like the ones I got with my Avalanche. But I think it might be possible that your linkage might just need adjusting. I had a problem similar to yours where I couldn't get it to go back to idle after engaging the throttle untill i hit the brakes. I had to adjust a small spring on the throttle linkage that presses the throttle closed when its at its neutral position. Just tinker with it if you havent already tried this. (requires a teeny tiny allen wrench) Also as far as your brake problem goes i had to buy a high torque servo to get my brakes to work properly. I did everything i could possibly do to make sure my brakes were hooked up and adjusted correctly (including testing each one seperatly) and the fact was that the stock servo and even a basic one from the local hobby shop was not strong enough to pull the brakes tight. Once i bought a Hitec 645 high torque and some heavy duty servo arms the problem disapeared.

Defm~