Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Superchargers

Was lookin around on you tube and i seen this http://www.rbinnovations.com/catalog...3e04b0fd7b9e97

they look ridiculous but i want one LOL, would they fit any redcat models?

RE: Superchargers

Ya they do and no you don't. They work but they burn up your engine. A super charger is designed to force more air into an engine so by leaning out the HSP you get the same effect an over lean burned up engine.
    Dealer for..Redcat, Traxxas, Associated, Cen, Racers Edge, RD Logic, Losi, HPI, E-flight, Himoto, Venom, Heli-Max, O.S...etc

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Seems like a $120 rip off to me[]

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Superchargers have little effect on a 2 stroke unless the 2 stroke is designed to have one. A 2 stroke needs a rotary valve or reed valve for the suprcharger to be effective. Like allabout said it will most likely lean out your engine and eventually cook it.
    The one with the most toys wins. I think I may have a good chance of winning.

The guys that race the rail dragsters use them and they go through an engine every couple of races, they do work. They basically lean out the engine so you don't get that lean bog when you lean out the fuel to much. Ya it's not the kind of thing a Back yard basher wants to put on his car and drive around the yard, lol.
    Dealer for..Redcat, Traxxas, Associated, Cen, Racers Edge, RD Logic, Losi, HPI, E-flight, Himoto, Venom, Heli-Max, O.S...etc

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

for some reason, the supercharger debate always starts a ruckus. i personally believe they dont work either since there is no reed valve in a nitro engine. everyone has their opinion about this but ultimately it comes down to ruining the engine.
    125 characters and 2 lines is not enough to list my RC obsession!!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The only way I see that it will work slightly is that it forces more air into the intake. Kinda like putting a bigger carb on but you cant regulate the fuel at wide open throttle. Thus the reason for having a reed valve or rotary valve. They put superchargers on alot of 2 strokes and there is even a supercharged 2 stroke deisel but these engines are made to have superchargers.
    The one with the most toys wins. I think I may have a good chance of winning.

It basically rams the air into the engine on the intake stroke when the ports are open, then they close just like as if the reeds closed then the ports open again, it's just a small cage fan, like a leaf blower and it forces more air into the engine on the intake stroke.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

In order for it to do anything at all you have to be able to add more fuel to the extra air that your forcing into the engine. Superchargers and turbochargers are extremely effective but if not tuned properly they will just destroy the engine. I would like to see some testing done to see if they do actually improve the performance when tuned properly.

As allaboutfunhobbies said, the NHRA nitro dragsters are extremely harsh on engine parts. But they are 500 cubic inch engines making almost 9000 horsepower. The guys with big money rebuild them after every run. They burn a gallon a second under full throttle (at almost $60 a gallon). The burn the electrodes off of the plugs completely in one pass.

Nitro is a whole different animal. On a 1/5th scale gas powered car i could see it being a noticable and worthwhile upgrade, but on a nitro car i dont know that you could do enough tuning with the simple carburators they have to be able to make it run without blowing itself up.
    Redcat Avalanche
    Redcat Tsunami

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Alright then, im gunna take that as a no, lol. seeing that all i want to do right now with it is bash it around

I ment the Nitro R/C Dragsters, but on the same hand your right the big boys on NHRA are doing the same thing.