Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Winter Project

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2007, 06:34 PM
wolverine330

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Winter Project

Since I can't run the buggies due to the weather, I figured I'd have some fun. Call it my three month winter project. I would like to take my Tornado BB and give it a face-lift. I need a new engine already since the stock one is blown. I'm prolly going to go with the Sh.18, like ehroof suggested. Plus I can get it cheap thru engine replacement program. I would like to put a single-speed tranny in it, with a different gear set-up. Make it have some serious torque. I would also like to put some larger and wider tires on it. I want as much torque as I can get, wanna make this thing stand up on end. (while still having some decent top end) I would really like to start taking some suggestions from some of the guys who have done this. I think this would kinda be entertaining for the winter months. Take some good before and after pics of it. See if we can't turn it into a small little beast. Start throwing up some ideas and some links to some parts, that you guys might suggest. I would like to purchase 90% of my stuff from clermont hobbies...... So lets get this started.

Wolv.
Old 12-06-2007, 07:30 PM
Chubbysdad
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Winter Project

I am not talking you out of this. I just want to ask you a question. Are you willing to put that kind of money into a 1/10th scale or would it be worth it to upgrade to a 1/8th?
And remember this is just an opinion. I dont think even with the sh.18 you will be getting what your looking for.
Old 12-06-2007, 07:44 PM
allenthen831

i agree with dennis a 1/8 scale is so much stronger than a 1/10 scale car
Old 12-06-2007, 08:16 PM
wolverine330

I own a Hurricane men,........Im really just looking to have fun with it. Not going to go overboard or anything, just a little cash...

Wolv.
Old 12-06-2007, 08:26 PM
allenthen831

spend it on the hurricane rather then the 10th scale thats what i would do
Old 12-06-2007, 09:01 PM
wolverine330

Well, I still would like to put a single speed tranny in the torando........But you guys have taken the wind outta my sails. I think my wife probably thanks you.

Wolv.
Old 12-06-2007, 09:08 PM
Chubbysdad

well thats a different story. I didn't know you had a cane. Go for it... just take pics. Add a decent motor, go with the single speed. What else are you looking to do with it? I'm sorry. I didn't mean to take your steam away lol...
Old 12-07-2007, 09:41 PM
wolverine330

Oh now clermont, no need to butter me all back up now.....I've forgotten about it, and now your blowin wind again.

Really not wanting to do much with it, just the single-speed tranny, and a better engine. The sh engine is prolly of choice since its thru engine replacement program, and won't cost all that much. Would like to maybe find some bigger and wider tires for it, and will prolly need to go with a different gear set-up. Thats about it. Just make it run a little better.

Wolv.
Old 12-07-2007, 10:30 PM
Chubbysdad

lol.. sorry man.. just an opinion.
Old 12-08-2007, 07:54 AM
FlyinGN

lol.. So I guess you guys think Im out of my mind with the $$ I spend on my Shockwave huh? lol

oh and BTW I am also building an 1/8 gas too as we speak and yes the 1/8th is a lot more stronger..
Old 12-08-2007, 08:09 AM
rclynx

You won't even come close to what I've spent in time and money getting what I want out of these redcat 1/10's and most of its just because I like them[&:]