Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Please Pray

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2007, 09:41 PM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Please Pray

She was eating today and talking alot more, i brougt the kids there yesterday to see her and it really made hers and thier day. She will have a break for the next 3 days before she has to do the test. She has 2 more anurysm's that will need to be taken care of thru surgery so she is not out of the woods totally but the one that burst has been fixed for sure and thats the one that caused the damage. the other 2 havent burst and will be taken care of with the next surgery so she should be home by the end of next week for Christmas, god willing.
Old 12-13-2007, 09:46 PM
twomanytoys

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do they know what caused all these?
Old 12-13-2007, 09:49 PM
Syclone354

good news man. stay strong, and have a merry christmas
Old 12-13-2007, 09:49 PM
ehroof

They think its her kidneys, she has polycystic kidneys and high blood pressure, she stopped taking her medication for the last month or so because it makes here feel a little run down and she was in full swing with college, kids and stuff.
Old 12-13-2007, 11:32 PM
RedcatRacing

Great to hear Eddie and thank you so much for keeping everyone updated, I know it aint easy.

Darin

Old 12-14-2007, 06:30 PM
Kodiac400

Glad to here all is going ok. Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

Later and Merry Christmas Eddie
Old 12-14-2007, 07:22 PM
danny_one

ehroof im very sorry about your wife, my Prayers are with you and your family, i uderstand about what you said about our g/f i dont know what i'll do with out her (even tho they get mad every time we put $ into our cars)
Old 12-14-2007, 10:57 PM
pocketryder

lets hope for the best to ed and his wife and family, your a great guy and your always there when i needed help. your in my prayers
Old 12-14-2007, 11:37 PM
AllAboutFunHobbies

What are polycystic kidneys? Sounds like she's tough as nails, I think she'll be alright and raring to go again in time for christmas. Good luck and we think about her and hope for the best. Like Darin said thanks for making an effort to come on and leave updates, I know every one on here is reading this and hoping for a safe and swift recovery.
Old 12-14-2007, 11:49 PM
twomanytoys

Just some info for everyone to understand what Eddies wife has.

Polycystic kidney disease (PKD) is a genetic disorder characterized by the growth of numerous cysts in the kidneys. The kidneys are two organs, each about the size of a fist, located in the upper part of a person’s abdomen, toward the back. The kidneys filter wastes and extra fluid from the blood to form urine. They also regulate amounts of certain vital substances in the body. When cysts form in the kidneys, they are filled with fluid. PKD cysts can profoundly enlarge the kidneys while replacing much of the normal structure, resulting in reduced kidney function and leading to kidney failure.

When PKD causes kidneys to fail—which usually happens after many years—the patient requires dialysis or kidney transplantation. About one-half of people with the most common type of PKD progress to kidney failure, also called end-stage renal disease (ESRD).

PKD can also cause cysts in the liver and problems in other organs, such as blood vessels in the brain and heart. The number of cysts as well as the complications they cause help doctors distinguish PKD from the usually harmless “simple†cysts that often form in the kidneys in later years of life.
Old 12-15-2007, 12:17 AM
ehroof

Hi guys, she is doing so much better, she looks great today. she has to go for some tests on monday and they will decide then what to do with the other anurysms. Its all still up in the air, it may be open surgery on the other side or from the groin. We will know better on monday. I just cant wait for her to be home, hopefully by the end of next week, even if she has the open surgery.

thanks for all the kind words guys, i just dont have it in me to BS about rc's, it just doesnt feel right until i have her home. I will chime in again on monday when i know whats going on.

Just so you know how tough she is, she is also a cancer survivor too, she was diagnosed with breast cancer at 31, 6 years ago, she also survived that, 3 surgerys. i just dont know how she does it, she's 37 and looks 25, she's gorgeous!!!! and tougher than me and only weighs 110 lbs max!!!!

actually, here's a picture of her on her last birthday and her with my 2 kids
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd91113.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	68.6 KB
ID:	825837   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oj27155.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	118.7 KB
ID:	825838   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ej13117.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	96.6 KB
ID:	825839  
Old 12-15-2007, 08:34 AM
FlyinGN

so glad she is feeling better eddie. We have prayed for her and a speedy recovery..

beautuiful family my friend!!
Old 12-16-2007, 12:14 PM
pede_187

It's good she's feeling better
Old 12-16-2007, 08:07 PM
kuppler

""Its not about how hard you can hit, Its how hard of a hit you can take and still move forward""
you and your family will be in my prayers. i have been in your feet way to many times bro. so i know how it is. just keep your head up.
Talk to you later Ed...
L8s Bro
Old 12-17-2007, 08:24 AM
xoutas

Hey buddy, I'm glad to hear that everything went ok and is getting better, me & the family wish you & your family all the best & hope for a speedy recovery.
Old 12-17-2007, 01:57 PM
Cam_132

OOh man, hear you go, Hear is the card for Beata.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db86308.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	46.4 KB
ID:	827802  
Old 12-17-2007, 06:23 PM
eclipseaudio4

Glad to hear that she's getting better! Beautiful family eddie! None of us could ask you to be in here helping us out when you need to be doing exactly what you are putting family first. Best wishes from me and mine!
Old 12-17-2007, 10:19 PM
ehroof

Hi Guys,

Just a quick update, she will be home for the holidays, probably by thursday or friday. She will have to go back the day after christmas and have and angiogram and then surgery on the other side of the brain to fix the other anurysms. They dont want to do any more tests/surgery until after the holiday so she can be home with us. On a good note she sat up and walked for the first time today, she walked 2 times to the bathroom!!!!! They physical therapist said she would ok her to come home so we just cant wait. Thanks for all the great and kind words and thanks for the card retard1322, i will print it out tonight and bring it to her tomorrow, i told her about it and she said to tell you thanks.

thanks

Eddie
Old 12-17-2007, 10:45 PM
Cam_132

ooh my god... thank god she will be ok... this must have screwed up your holiday... and does she have any memory loss... and agan thank god she is ok!
Old 12-18-2007, 12:55 AM
eclipseaudio4

I'm really glad to hear that she will be home with you guys for the holidays hope you have a great one!
Old 12-18-2007, 01:23 AM
RedcatRacing

Great news Eddie. Glad to hear she is up and around which is so very important after what she went through. Have a great holiday.

Darin
Old 12-18-2007, 02:08 AM
Defmeq

Wow that is some great news!! I've been thinking about you guys almost every day and I still preying for the best

Defm
Old 12-18-2007, 08:11 PM
jmen0619

Dear eddie and family,
Im glad to hear the good news about the family being together for christmas. As i sit here just reading all the post and updates tears are running down, (when i started reading it was tears of sadness, as i keep on they were tears of JOY). When i called you and heard the voice mail, I called Eric right away to update him. There where alot of concerns and questions we wanted to know. Thank god that everything is going so well. Just to let you know, (even though we only known each other a few months) Eric and I will be here for ANYTHING you need. It would be my pleasre to help you in anyway. GOD BLESS THE EHROOF FAMILY.

Your caring BROTHER from another mother
Jeff
Old 12-18-2007, 08:42 PM
pede_187

Good to hear the good news. Everything sounds like it's going great

- Pede_Kid
Old 12-18-2007, 09:35 PM
Chubbysdad
My Feedback: (1)

I also wanted to thank everyone for the kind words and prayers that have been given to eddie. I met Eddie a while back. He is a super guy and has a super family. There is nothing he wont do for anyone. I think this is when it all shows. I didn't want to start this post without asking Eddie, but I chose to on my own. Some things are personal and dont know how people will react. But as you can see, Eddie didn't mind at all. Actually he was touched by it. And that is what I hoped would happen.
I personally want to say, thank you to eddie for his contribution on this forum. He has helped redcat out in more ways then you realize. We all miss you and hope you return soon. But most importantly, take care of your wife.
I spoke with Eddie today and he said that his wife might even be coming home today to settle in for the holidays. That is great news. Thanks for the prayers!!.
Dennis

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.