Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Decent Radio system

Old 12-10-2007, 09:19 AM
zeen420
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Decent Radio system

Well, my tornado BB should be here tomorrow and prob wont be breaking it in till spring so was going to make it look all shiney over the winter[8D], I've heard that the radio system's in these cars arent the greatest so whats a good cheap radio system with servos n reciver?. and what about a fail safe?
Old 12-10-2007, 05:11 PM
zeen420
Banned

Default RE: Decent Radio system

hmmmm............
Old 12-10-2007, 07:55 PM
twomanytoys

Fail safe is always good. I use a JR XR3. Great remote and the servos are pretty good.
Old 12-10-2007, 08:01 PM
rclynx

Yea - Yea I sell them but more than that I like people to be happy with what they get and aware of the choices..........If you have all winter to save for a radio system then get a good one......there are a lot out there and they don't cost an arm and a leg for the average nitro RCer. The reason I say get a good radio is because your buying a radio that you can put on every RC car or truck you buy for the next 10 or 15 years at this stage. There isn't a lot of ground breaking technoligy left out there to upgrade the systems from where they are today. Anyway you get a good radio and change it to the new truck or car you buy every time or if you buy more RC's you just buy a reciever to go with the new vehical and you use the same radio. Some of the radios take 10 or 20 different models without having to get another radio all you need are recievers.

Radio I use is [link=http://xtm-dealer.com/zencart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=14&products_id=203&zenid=7943dda4f4211c38b2a18c3f46a0bb76]Airtronics MX3 FHSS 2.4 GHz[/link]

Servos on the Tornado aren't the best in the world but they work. I wouldn't try to fix something that isn't broke. I have had to replace servos on plenty of different models not just Redcat. There all the same, some make it and some don't. let those servos break before you replace them unless you go to some big wheels. Then I would change the steering servo[:-]

Fail Safe to me is a must and i use the [link=http://xtm-dealer.com/zencart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=13&products_id=166]XTM Failsafe Micro[/link] it will fit inside with the batteries

Good luck what ever you do........Redcat is as good as any of them out there and you won't find a better bunch of guys to help you than on these forums either
Old 12-11-2007, 01:00 AM
zeen420
Banned

Awesome, thanks a bunch!. But since im still a newb i got more questions . now could i just go buy a new radio w/o servos n reciver and start driving around, or how exactly dose it work? haha, hate to sound so nubish
Old 12-11-2007, 06:13 AM
rclynx

Most radio sets come with a reciever because the reciever has to match the radio...........the one I showed you has a reciever, you only need another reciever if you buy another car. Make sure you keep the original radio and reciever so that if you ever sell it you can put it back on and not get rid of your new radio[8D]
Old 12-11-2007, 12:14 PM
zeen420
Banned

ahhh, wow ok i feel stupid, lol thanks man
Old 12-11-2007, 07:55 PM
Chubbysdad
My Feedback: (1)

dont feel stupid. You can buy a radio without a reciever. The only question that is stupid is the one unasked.