Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

"OFFICIAL" Redcat Avalanche thread

Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

"OFFICIAL" Redcat Avalanche thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2008, 10:08 PM
Swamp3r

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: "OFFICIAL" Redcat Avalanche thread

Least you figured it out, and I wouldn't call yourself an idiot I'll bet 100's of people have done it.
Old 04-27-2008, 10:44 PM
impune

thank you and i hope that sh link helps someone else too.. was pretty descript.

http://www.happysale.dk/images/SH28.pdf

the sh.28 helpful guide..above.

now i wait to try again... going to order the roto start to save my fingers...
Old 04-28-2008, 09:18 AM
impune

i was looking at the body mount nubs. the part that the body pins clip to so the body stays on.

anyone know the replacement part? i was woundering if aluminum replacement too? i could have sworn i saw the part, but could not locate it again.

thanks

any certain part i should stock up on or should upgrade with the avalanche?
Old 04-28-2008, 09:35 PM
impune

still looking for the body mount nubs for the avalanche. the choice by choosing vehicle doe snot show the part. choosing all parts it shows part number 08047b and 02010 and 02144 and 81601b and 83902 and 82914 and 82911.

anyone break one yet and know the answer. not available answer by searching just the avalanche.
Old 04-29-2008, 02:06 PM
Redcat Nick

This is what you need.

http://www.redcatracing.com/parts_se...CHE+XP&q=83011

Just the body mount

or

http://www.redcatracing.com/parts_se...lt.asp?q=83009

comes with the brace and the mounts
Old 04-29-2008, 05:46 PM
impune

thanks nick. thats it. i appreciate it.

now i've got new problems with the avalanche.

so i restarted back to the original settings, the truck ran rich and then stalled once you try to apply gas to it. so as instructions the idle needle looks right and idles fine. i started the adjust ment for the low speed needle. very small turns and about 10 later the car when gased will go, i tried slowly, if stall adjust again. then i got it to start down the drive, looked like it was going to go now, engine had a better tune, some smoke still. then stalled. so i go to try again. pull the string and very loose. did not hear the engine spin, tried a few more times the string recoils back easily and every couple thumps like gurgle thumps slightly adn that was it. easy pull string, every other pull a little gurgle slight thump..

so what happened? all this effort and the one may bearing went out?

so i dumped all th fuel out and dropped a few frops of after run oil and tried to get a couple thumps.

so help me with this please. very discouraged...[&o]
Old 04-29-2008, 06:40 PM
Redcat Nick

Ok sounds like your owb is still good just covered in oil. what you need to do is remove it and clean it with carb cleaner and let it dry. also what fuel are you using? if you are using Traxxas top fuel i strongly recomend using a different fuel it has way to much oil in it. i recomend sidewinder, Byronns, or Odonnels in a 20% blend.

Old 04-29-2008, 06:58 PM
impune

yes you are right. i am using the traxxas fuel. always have with the stampede i have and four years the engine still good. so the fuel being too rich got the one way oiled up huh?

thanks. cause i pulled it and no resistance was a scarey moment. i've never burnt an engine so i don't know what to look for, but i haven't even gotten it hot yet. or really running.

thanks again.[)]
Old 04-30-2008, 12:00 AM
Tom W78

My poor Avalanche won't start any more. It used to start up great after just a few clicks on the gun. I've put the needles back to break in and still can't get any results. It sounds like it's not getting fuel. One thing I noticed is when the line is empty to the carb. and it's cranking over it won't pull any fuel to the carb unless I hold the exhaust closed. Once I prime it, it acts like it wants to start but won't fire up. I've checked the glo plug, replaced it anyway, I've got a fully charged igniter and gun. It sounds like it wants to start but it just can't quite get there. The lines seem clear but I'm not sure about the carb and engine if it's getting clogged. Any suggestions?
Old 04-30-2008, 01:42 AM
impune

well if it's the carb, just take the glow plug out, drop some fuel in there, put the glow plug back on and attach the igniter and pull. if it kicks over, then the carb is clogged up. doing this and the suction caused may clear it up to run, but should check and see why it was clogged or stuck in the first place.

if i am wrong, correct me. but the worse case scenario is that there is not enough compresion due to the loss of pinch in the sleeve and piston.

i had an hpi that had issues with the carb after sitting every time. if ran weekly it was good sit a couple weeks.. drop the fuel in head and kick i on and your good and fine. never figured out why though. looked clean, but there is a reason and there are some more intelligent guys here to help more than i.

Old 04-30-2008, 01:45 AM
impune

what is the best way to remove the sh .28 from the avalanche to change the pull cord and bearing? i ordered the roto start and i apparently today greese monkeyed up the darn oneway trying to adjust the needles...
Old 05-01-2008, 05:20 PM
impune

anyone know the answer to above on best way to remove? just the bolts underneath or the screws from top of engine mount? sh.28 from the avalanche.
Old 05-01-2008, 06:48 PM
impune

never mind i figured it out myself.
Old 05-11-2008, 06:43 PM
pede_187

Has anyone ever used the 11 or 12 tooth clutch bell on the avalanche? How did it do?
Old 05-11-2008, 07:28 PM
rclynx

gets the front wheels up like the Earthquake used to [&:]
Old 05-11-2008, 07:52 PM
pede_187

so the 12 tooth cb wouldn't take away too much torque?
Old 05-18-2008, 05:31 AM
aaeandcee

Does anybody know of a way to quiet a nitro motor? My neighbor came over yesterday and gave me an ear full and called the Avalanche "obnxious". I am thinking about trying to modify a T-Maxx baffle system. Any thoughts?
Old 05-18-2008, 08:38 AM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lol, that happens to me all the time, i tell them to go back inside and come back when it gets dark or if its 6am. There's not much you can do to quiet an exhaust on a big block.
Old 05-18-2008, 09:41 AM
bash_N_corn

Indeed, tell your neighbor to refer to your city/town noise ordinance rules politely. If you try to quiet your big block, I'm gonna have to ask you to turn it over to me I promise to provide it a home in which it will be able to snort fuel and scream through shredded grass and dirt
Old 05-18-2008, 03:15 PM
Swamp3r

Just get 9 or 10 buddies with trucks and run them down the street all at once side by side at top speed just then he could call it "obnxious" lol. Maybe you'd better not he would probably call the cops. I don't know what your quiet time is in the states but here in canada I believe it's 7am to 11 pm. I don't know why he's complaining a chainsaw, lawn mower a weed wacker or a tree stump remover is as loud if not worse, does he complain when people mow their lawn too.
Old 05-18-2008, 04:25 PM
aaeandcee

Actually it is a divorced "man hater". I went through the noise ordinances for my area and it is from 10:00 p.m. until 8:00 a.m. I just went out there today and gave it another good rip. I'm suspecting that I'll be mowing the lawn from now on every Sunday morning at 8:00 a.m.! :-)
Old 05-18-2008, 04:51 PM
Swamp3r

Lol or you could put your truck on blocks and rev it full power and yell across the fence JUST TRYING TO SET THE IDLE lol
Old 05-19-2008, 10:04 AM
Redcat Nick

I have a neighbor like that I tend to do all of my driving in front of their house or when he decides to walk his cat. Ever see a cat run up there owners leg with claws out? lol it is a pretty funny site to see.
Old 05-19-2008, 02:34 PM
Swamp3r

Hahahaha nick
Old 05-22-2008, 01:15 PM
aaeandcee

Does anybody have an opinion on clutch shoes? I've been using the OFNA Purple Aluminum shoes (Part OFN10012).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.