Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

"OFFICIAL" Redcat Avalanche thread

Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

"OFFICIAL" Redcat Avalanche thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2008, 05:10 PM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: "OFFICIAL" Redcat Avalanche thread

let us know how it works out
Old 03-16-2008, 05:14 PM
cheeba400

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I put the upgraded steering plate in there and shaved some material off so it wouldn't hit the diff. First jump, boom, bent and it was only about a three foot high jump. It did come down on the nose a bit more than I like but the stock steering plate didnt bend that easy. Maybe the materials used to make these is junk. So far I have had nothing but bad luck with this thing but, I ordered rclynx's plate so hopefully that will take care of that problem. This way I can work out all the other issues I have with this thing. I have spent probably another 300 dollars on this pile after the original purchase, if the truck ever runs right without just falling apart, it would be a good truck.
Old 03-16-2008, 05:18 PM
ehroof

its a shame bro, my avalance had faired well, no problems, you will be happy with that ugrade from rclynx.
Old 03-16-2008, 06:09 PM
nosweat31519

ive had the same problem with my avalanche and other problems. but this is my first nitro . firt rc for that matter but i work at an aluminium extrusion plant and i placed mine in the temper oven at 375 for 8 hours. if it bends i run mill and i think i will make one of acetol polymer that stuff is super strog. it will flex alittle but not break. at least i dont think it will
Old 03-16-2008, 07:58 PM
rclynx

I don't think its so much the strength of the metal as the bushing having to much pressure put on it and it locking up rather than the servo saver taking the beating like it should. The arms from the steering hubs are pushing flush against the pivot and that won't work. something got to bend [X(]
Old 03-16-2008, 08:45 PM
twomanytoys

Thats odd because since I have done some steering mods I have not bent a plate. It has been holding up fine. The servo saver actually does all the work.
Old 03-17-2008, 05:54 AM
rclynx

Whats odd is you always seem to have a comment about my posts.........................uncross your eyes or just open them you might possible see what I'm talking about.............or your going to tell me a bushing will turn smoother than a bearing? Or what other smart remark have you got to make about what I post. Your not the brightest light bulb on this forum [&o]
Old 03-17-2008, 03:00 PM
guy4x4

Hi I think I know of a way to make the diffs stronger I was looking at the gears and they look like aluminum and they also look just like my mad force gears that were also aluminum so I upgraded my Mad force with Hpi gears part#87193 I think they will work on the Avalanche.
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...193+&search=Go
Old 03-17-2008, 03:05 PM
ehroof

i am pretty sure cen gears will work too, i am pretty sure guys were putting them in the hurricane and they are basically the same.
Old 03-17-2008, 03:30 PM
jumpanddrop

i know that hpi gears work in my tornado's diffs so im sure it would work
Old 03-17-2008, 05:01 PM
twomanytoys

ORIGINAL: rclynx

Whats odd is you always seem to have a comment about my posts.........................uncross your eyes or just open them you might possible see what I'm talking about.............or your going to tell me a bushing will turn smoother than a bearing? Or what other smart remark have you got to make about what I post. Your not the brightest light bulb on this forum [&o]
Dude what the heck is your problem. I have no clue what you are talking about me having smart remarks about your posts? WHAT posts and WHAT remarks. I dont have anything against you or anyone on this forum for that matter. You just blow off a remark like that for what ? Im telling you what I have done to fix my avalanche with 100% success. Thats all. Nothing else! So just chill out. Jeeze people here get so frigging testy because of a post. Lighten up! Like dealing with a bunch of babies on this site.
Old 03-25-2008, 09:39 AM
aaeandcee

Hi, I'm looking for some information on how to adjust the center differential on an Redcat Avalanche. I've changed the fluid in the front and rear differential, but am unsure if the center differential has oil. If it does, anybody have any instructions for changing it? Thanks!
Old 03-25-2008, 10:22 AM
ehroof

take it out, and do the same as the front and rear, usually its good to have a thick oil in the center, a decent setup is 7 in the front, 10 in the center and 3 in the rear.
Old 03-25-2008, 10:46 AM
Defmeq

I still havent put in my diff oil. I have 3 and 30 wt and i was gunna put 3 in the front and 30 in the center and rear. I was under the impression that this would give it some rear wheel bias. Is that right?

Defm
Old 03-25-2008, 10:57 AM
twomanytoys

The thicker the center diff fluid the more evenly the power distribution would be between front and rear. 30 is fine for the center.
Old 03-25-2008, 04:18 PM
aaeandcee

OK. I haven't taken it out yet, so now that I know there is fluid in there I will. Will it be aparent how to get the unit apart? Anything I should watch out for?
Old 03-25-2008, 04:24 PM
aaeandcee

One more thing. The local Hobby Shop gave me 10K for the center, is there any problem with using this for the front and rear as well? When I asked them they thought it was OK, but I thought I would ask Avalanche owners instead. I'm only trying to get a more balanced side to side wheel performance, not that concerned about front to rear displacement.

Thanks!
Old 03-25-2008, 04:25 PM
ehroof

if you can do the front an rear, the center should be no problem, less to take apart.
Old 04-04-2008, 09:41 PM
Redharris

A little help with Avalanche p/n.....
I need the CENTER DIFF DOGBONES,front/rear.
They both measure approx. 117 mm in length.
My manual lists the p/n as 88020. (but the manual is a little confusing, I think this p/n MIGHT be for the Earthquake)
Can anyboby confirm or deny this p/n?
Thanks.....
Old 04-04-2008, 09:56 PM
Swamp3r

Isn't that # for the monsoon. just look at the other side of the page I think thats for the avalanche.
Edit I just looked in my manual and it has that part listed on the monsoon parts. I looked at the moster truck diagram I think you need 81005
Old 04-04-2008, 11:54 PM
Redharris

Yeah Swamp... I saw the drawing too......to the right of the drawing, there is a box with some dogbones labeled "for extra length truck only 88020"

I THINK the Avalanche is the "Extra Length Truck". But MY dogbones are both the same size[:@]
Lol Frickin Redcat Manual.....Lol

Edit.
The diagram of the truck has a WEIRD lookin center Diff in it. MY Avalanche has the same center diff as the monsoon...
Old 04-05-2008, 01:26 AM
Swamp3r

I'm getting a headache looking at both of these diagrams. And I thought I seen a post that the avalanche was extra length in rcu somewhere so I think your right. Wheres ehroof & darin when you need them?
Old 04-05-2008, 12:49 PM
Redharris

I PM'd Ed, and he set me straight on the correct p/n for MY particular application.(81005) You were RIGHT Bro!
Lol, Ehroof is doing his Own Thing in the Himoto forum these days.....but he STILL finds time to help out us Redcat guys. Thats pretty Cool, if you ask me.
I dont think he will be around forever though, so Redcat better STEP UP Forum support if they want to maintain the High Standards of response that Ehroof gave us.
Redcat Mike is doing a good job. I like the way he rewrote the Radio manual and made it Understandable. But he is only One guy and he's gonna get swamped if he tries to do it all by himself.......
Old 04-05-2008, 03:14 PM
Swamp3r

Ya I miss seeing his posts he's taught me more than reading the manual 500 times.
Edit hey red which do you prefer more your monsoon or your avalanche, I'm selling an air plane motor on ebay so I'm going to have enough spare cash for either a dx3 spectrum radio or another truck. I love my monsoon it's one tough truck but I only have 2 nitro's and I think I need one more.
Old 04-06-2008, 12:18 AM
Redharris

I Know people are gonna disagree with me on THIS one,,,,But I Love my Monsoon!
I Take it to the track with a 12 tooth clutch bell and its AWESOME.
If I wanna Bash, I change to the stock 10 tooth bell and throw on a set of Monster Truck Tires/wheels (MUCH BIGGER than stock, and a little more ground clearance) and it KicksButt!
Best of Both worlds....

But Bro....you already have a monsoon....Complete the set......Get the Avalanche

P.S. The Avalanche belongs to my Buddy.
Im just workin on it for him.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.