Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

"OFFICIAL" Redcat Avalanche thread

Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

"OFFICIAL" Redcat Avalanche thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2008, 11:08 AM
tylervalentine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: "OFFICIAL" Redcat Avalanche thread

Could anyone tell me the dimensions of the Stock TIRE from the avalanche? Just the tire i dont need the wheels dimensions.
Old 10-19-2008, 05:45 PM
tylervalentine

Also how would the center diff hold up against either axial .28 spec 1s or HPI K4.6 (.28)?
Old 11-18-2008, 03:45 PM
Redcat.ca

I have an Avalance that wont start at first i thought it was the clients cheap 18 V drill starter but no I guess it wasnt the drill starter.I removed the engine and checked for cracks in the piston,checked the one way bearing,cleaned the carb and everything seems to be fine but it wont start and if it does it stalls almost right away,fresh plug,fresh charge on the glow ignitor.I reinstalled the pullstarter and one thing i notice is that it cranks over really easy.alot easier than when it was new.Any help what to do next?
Old 12-30-2008, 10:08 AM
rclynx

Sounds like its engine time or the OWB is still slipping a bit. The low compression all but seals the bad engine idea []

For those interested in the Avalanche that a customer cannot afford to claim PM me.

It has over $500 in mods

290cc fuel tank
MX3S TX RX
Hitec steering servo
airtronics brake / throttle servo
Sure start ele starting system
rear exhaust system
hardened steel steering link
new Chassis etc. [:-]
Old 09-17-2009, 11:16 PM
leko413

Default RE:

Are the tires series 40 on this truck? If not what are they?
Old 04-04-2010, 07:15 AM
73bronco

Default RE:

Yes love those yellow wheels!!! What kind are those tire and wheel combo!!!!!  I keep beaking those chrome one from Redcat!!!!!Give a name and a number if you can.
Old 04-04-2010, 10:34 PM
Mickstix

Default RE:

Just from looking, they appear to be 1/2" offset "Truggy" wheels (1/8 scale 17mm hex) with 40 series monster truck tires.. 
Old 04-06-2010, 08:12 PM
McWolf_101

Default RE: RE:

I'm wondering if a 'regular' clutch bell could be used in the Avalanche instead of the elongated clutch bell. I've asked this same question about the Monsoon, as Mick would know , and was educated to the fact that Redcat had changed the spur/clutch bell combo for the Monsoon.
Old 04-06-2010, 10:18 PM
Mickstix

Do you have an Avalanch to check out Wolf?? A standard clutchbell will bolt onto the motor, but you may have to dremel the main shaft, to shorten it, or use something as a large spacer to take up the extra length of the output shaft.. Only other thing that prevents you from using a standard bell, is moving the motor forward so the bell/pinion-gear lines up with the spur gear.. Have to see the motor mount on an Avalanch to know if it'll accomodate the motor moving forward or not.. Might need to make some new holes in the chassis for the motor mounts as well.. It's pretty straight forward stuff, just need the clutchbell to line up with the spur.. Good luck bud!!
Old 04-06-2010, 11:00 PM
McWolf_101

Mick, I know I say this alot, but thanks again. Truth is, I'm just weighing my options right now about what to buy. Honestly though, it's between the Hurricane or Monsoon. However, it will most likely be the Hurricane since my girlfriend prefers buggies, and I am rather inclined to them myself . The reason I asked about the Monsoon and Avalanche is for the purpose of further reference, so that I can prepare myself for later RC purchases . The second vehicle would grace our possession as a basher, and I have this sneaky suspicion that the Monsoon may just take that place. However, it might be nice to eventually own all three .
Old 04-28-2010, 11:33 AM
GerardAtJob

Default RE:

ORIGINAL: rclynx

I have a fix for the steering plate [8D]
It's my second steering plate and it's bent again (on a small jump this time)...
Can you show me your fix?

Tx

Old 04-28-2010, 09:30 PM
Mickstix

Default RE:

Hey McWolf!! Just now seen your post.. It's my pleasure! I like to help out as much as I can!! If I was you I'd definitely get something from the XTR line.. The "ultralight" series stuff there sellin is looking more and more like "toy" grade RC, from what Im readin.. I know the Monsoon (and Hurricane) are good, solid RC's!
Old 04-28-2010, 10:49 PM
McWolf_101

Hey Mick, I agree. The more that I read about the Ultralight series, the less I am inclined to purchase it. I still have to wait a while to build some funds but I am quite sure that I'll be heading the Professional series route. Also, are the shocks on the XTR series 16mm? Speaking of which, have you been out with the Monsoon recently?
Old 04-29-2010, 05:58 PM
73bronco

Default RE:

Just wondering My Avalanche was running great and it just stopped!!!!!I tried to restart it fires and would run for a few seconds and die!!!!just found bearing out at the clutch bell!!!!!! thought this was the problem!!!!!! started with new glow plug, fresh fuel new lines,compression good ,piston crank ok!!!!! just will not run!!!!!! Been thinking  of electric!!!!!!!!!any answers!!!!
Old 05-03-2010, 10:10 AM
GerardAtJob

ORIGINAL: GerardAtJob

ORIGINAL: rclynx

I have a fix for the steering plate [8D]
It's my second steering plate and it's bent again (on a small jump this time)...
Can you show me your fix?

Tx

No one know the fix?? If yes please tell me!

Ty all!

Old 05-09-2010, 12:23 PM
GerardAtJob

finally I'll make a full steel one...
It won't bend again...
Old 05-18-2010, 09:08 PM
73bronco

Default RE:

Has anyone else had trouble burning up the 2 bearings in the clutchbell !!!!!! and is there any upgraded bearings!!!!!!
Old 05-20-2010, 07:40 AM
GerardAtJob

ORIGINAL: 73bronco

Has anyone else had trouble burning up the 2 bearings in the clutchbell !!!!!! and is there any upgraded bearings!!!!!!
If you want better clutchbell bearings, just go grab a set of sealed LOSI or TA one (~10-15$ for 4). They are the same.. just bring one at your local hubby. I used the sealed bearings and it's x10 better than thoses from Redcat...

And, sry for my bad english, but what do you mean by "burning" the bearings?

Seeya bronco!

EDIT: If you want more, search Internet for metric 5*11*4 bearings... Redcat "11*5*4" = "5*11*4" for every other company... don't really know why...
Thoses would work no1 : www.vxb.com/page/bearings/PROD/Kit7598 and it would kick ass.
EDIT2: Even thoses could work nicely... but I'm sure you don't want to spend 100$ per bearing lol www.vxb.com/page/bearings/PROD/Kit7405
Old 05-20-2010, 08:05 AM
GerardAtJob

And another question : I heard that the Monsoon got a full front upgrade, which works a way lot better than the older monsoon, but the Avalanche haven't... Is it possible to see an upgrade like this for the Avalanche? If yes I would buy a complete front to replace mine... (Or could the new steering system of the monsoon could fit in my Avalanche?)

ty.
Old 05-20-2010, 07:31 PM
73bronco

Thank you for the info!!!!! I'm fairly new to the nitro side oft his hobby but love it! the only trouble i found with Redcat is getting parts~~~~~but i did hook up with Kurt out of New York(URC) and he has been great to deal with!!!!
What i mean by burning the bearings is burning them up !!!!

Bronco
Old 05-20-2010, 08:09 PM
GerardAtJob

lol then I burned a few of them... my first clutchbell still have pieces of my 3rd redcat bearing set stuck inside... impossible to remove lol

Old 05-21-2010, 08:46 PM
ws6_man

Default RE:

I have an Avalanche and about 3/4 gallon, the truck at idle wanted to start moving as before it didn't. Took out engine and dis-assembled clutch bell and found that a clutch shoe broke (not the spring) and was grabbing the bell, also the two bearing were shot, one (outer part) was wedged in the bell housing, luckly the kit had all new parts. I'm down to about 1.5 gallons and noticed the clutch bell assy is loose/wobbly. I would asume the bearings again are on their way out. I'm going w/ some aftermarket brand or something that will hold up. The truck is a pretty good truck, minus the servos, they went out fast.
Old 05-24-2010, 08:43 PM
73bronco

Default RE:

How do you adjust the brakes on an Avalanche!!!!!!!!!!!!ad where do you put the differential fluid????????? Manual is crap for this truck!!!!!!
Old 06-09-2010, 07:45 PM
GerardAtJob

Is they're a kind of special glowplug for theses?

My first one just passed out, so I got 2 new from my LHS... and guess what... 1 start each and they're both gone...

They're O.S. Glow Plug medium no8...

Any help is welcome.

And for your brakes, check your brakes rod (the 2 little rod that pull the thing that brake lol), you'll see a black thing on each rod's end with a small allen nut...
For your differential fluid, just open it up. They're no other way around.
Old 07-05-2010, 03:42 PM
GerardAtJob

ORIGINAL: GerardAtJob

Is they're a kind of special glowplug for theses?

My first one just passed out, so I got 2 new from my LHS... and guess what... 1 start each and they're both gone...

They're O.S. Glow Plug medium no8...

Any help is welcome.
Forget this... I found why...
And BTW this truck is for sell... 150bucks. PM me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.