Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Himoto Rancho and Avalanche

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2007, 10:23 PM
triggeraa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Himoto Rancho and Avalanche

New to nitro. Is the Himoto Rancho the exact same model as the Avalanche? All parts interchangeable? If not what are the differences. I notice the Rancho I ordered uses the .27 Infinity Japan engine. Anyone have any feedback on this engine? Thanks for any help you can offer.
Old 12-22-2007, 10:29 PM
giddyuperic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Himoto Rancho and Avalanche

Yes they are some what the same and the infinity engine is a great motor. Just break it in right and you will have loads of fun. You can go to this link http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_13...tm.htm#1336488 And this will help you alot and there is other threads to that will help. Enjoy. Eric
Old 12-23-2007, 10:01 AM
triggeraa

Thanks. I got it from HighBanksRC. Here are the specs. I got the red/black hummer body. Anyone else with Rancho experience?

http://www.highbanksrc.com/servlet/t...Pro-Big/Detail
Old 12-23-2007, 10:09 AM
pede_187

It's the same as the earthquake
Old 01-28-2008, 03:17 AM
legine

the rancho is not the same as the avalanche.
The avalanche is like the newer version of the of the rancho. The avalanche is longer and wider, it has a .28 engine (but the infinity .27 in the rancho pro is probably better) the avalanche has hub extensions.
I think the rancho has a center slipper clutch and the avalanche has a centre diff (better than the slipper)
So they are not the same just to let you know.

Thanks, Daniel
Old 01-28-2008, 02:15 PM
ehroof

i dont think the infinity is better than the sh, and from what i have heard, team infinity is going or is already out of business. Its almost the same as the earthquake, the avalanche is larger and has several differences. i would put my sh .28 against the .27 infinity anyday.
Old 01-28-2008, 02:29 PM
Kemo

Yeah the Infinity engines have a small problem with consistency. One engine can have brutal performance, while someone else with the same RTR next to you wishes he could head to the softball field and take a few swings at it.

Word is that they are no longer participating in R/C.
Old 01-28-2008, 03:02 PM
triggeraa

I have the Rancho Pro - Infinity .27 and my buddy has the Avalanche - SH .28. In a drag race it's no contest. I win every time. Even when we switch vehicle the Infinity definately makes more top end power. The Rancho can wheelie due to the slipper while he wishes he could.
Old 01-28-2008, 03:07 PM
ehroof

just throw some silly putty in the center diff and you can wheelie easily. i think the tires size has alot to do with it along with gearing, i couldnt wait to rip out my infinity out of my buggy and throw the sh in it.