Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

Problem: Engine runs fine, car wont move??

Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Problem: Engine runs fine, car wont move??

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2007, 06:34 PM
xjedix

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem: Engine runs fine, car wont move??

Well I have a brand new Tornado BB that was taken through a 6 tank break in and is currently at 8 tanks. I have been having trouble tuning this car and while running a tank today it stopped moving. The engine will start and run just fine but it will not move at all. After killing the engine I noticed that it will roll forward just fine but the wheels lock up trying to roll it backwards. Could this be a problem with the clutch or possibly the transmission.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

-Derek
Old 12-26-2007, 06:55 PM
xjedix

Default RE: Problem: Engine runs fine, car wont move??

***UPDATE***

Problem fixed, it ended up being a small rock stuck in the gear. I still seem to be having a problem with possibly the clutch. It does not want to accelerate properly when going full throttle from a low speed. It will however accelerate to high speeds when I roll on the throttle??
Old 12-26-2007, 08:34 PM
rc_crazy21

Default RE: Problem: Engine runs fine, car wont move??

Your low speed needle sounds to be running lean, you may have to play with your needle adjustments!