Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

avalanche?

Old 12-28-2007, 03:30 PM
rm25088

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default avalanche?

Hello everyone. New to the forums, but have been glancing for a while. Well, for the past several months ive been trying to find a 1/8 monster truck. But none of the other manufacturers had what I was looking for. I wanted something new, that not a lot of people have. Everyone recommended the savage but I just dont want one. Everyone and the grandmother has one of those. Also the t-maxx which isnt even 1/8 and I just dont like them. So I found the avalanche. Really nice looking truck. I like it a lot and the price is great. So how is the reliability in this truck. I know after bashing it will break. No big deal. But is it something that you take off a 3 foot jump and breaks? I heard it has some awesome power, which I will really like. So basically what im asking is how is the avalanche overall, and is there any mods i should do to it before even starting it? Thanks for your time

-Josh
Old 12-28-2007, 06:35 PM
twomanytoys

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: avalanche?

I just got an avalanche for my son and all I have to say is WOW. It is built extremly well and very fast. I would put this truck up against ANY of the name brand trucks. I have a Tmaxx and the Tmaxx does not even come close to it in anything. The Avalanche is pretty much a truggy with monster wheels and truck body do it will absolutley out handle any other monster truck with out a doubt. Any 1/8 scale anything will be built strong and will be able to take abuse. You cant go wrong with the Avalanche and the price is right. Lots of upgrades but you wont need any. It has aluminum in all the right places and its very light. even lighter than my tmaxx. Some are going to say to stay away from crap chinese trucks but redcat is an exception and the avalanche is great. They will also say it will be impossible to get parts but that is also not true. There are dealers here that can get parts to you in a few days. Be different and get the Avalanche. You wont regret it.
Old 07-27-2010, 08:30 PM
catbob007

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: avalanche?

i am sold

Search this Thread