Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Question for Redcat

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 08:32 AM
Macanan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question for Redcat

I have a question, some of you guys know I have the exceed 1/10 buggy, BUT all my parts and upgrades have been from AllAboutFunHobbies and Clermont Hobby, which I have spent $201.80 on redcat parts for my buggy threw them, now that meens my buggy is now converted to a tornado BB, which I have plans on converting it to a TSUNAMI just has soon as I get the money to. My question is, can my buggy now be called a redcat buggy/ tornado BB, being that I have more money in it on redcat parts then the tornado cost's it's self ? and can I enter in any of redcats contest's ? I have already pulled all stickers on it that has anything to do with exceed !
You know whats really sad, I have had more support from redcat's sellers then I have exceed, and that is the main reason that I have been buying redcats parts, and I have been supporting redcat by giving other people in the exceed forums website's to order redcats parts as well.
Old 01-02-2008, 10:21 AM
{GBI}Harryball

Default RE: Question for Redcat

I think Darin is a reasonable man. I would cast a vote that would allow you to compete. If you were to by a redcat body, I see no reason why he wouldnt let you.
Old 01-02-2008, 10:37 AM
BaSh_2_tHa_mAxX
My Feedback: (1)

Im in the same boat as you, i have a HSP rattlesnake which is the same as the redcat avalanche. But i can't see us competing in recat competitions because they aren't legitimate redcats and profits of the vehicles would not go to the redcat company despite the fact that HSP does infact make the vehicles for redcat. I was thinking of changing some stuff out and passing it off as a redcat LOL because they are identical in build - engine, tires and radio gear. (I wouldn't really do that lol the guys at redcat seem like great guys though)
Old 01-02-2008, 02:32 PM
Macanan

A total different boat my friend you already tried to state your plea and lost, dont come in my thread and mess it up for me, most of the people that sells redcat parts knows iv been buying there parts for mine, its on there records, so there's proof. You have not said one thing about buying redcat parts other then HSP is like it.
Old 01-02-2008, 03:01 PM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lmao
Old 01-02-2008, 04:54 PM
zack221

Macanan that is cool that there is someone on here that lives by me. I live about 25minutes away in campbell county. I live in Lafollette if you know where that is.
Old 01-02-2008, 05:53 PM
RedcatRacing

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The answers to your questions are rather simple. When we get contest submissions in the rules we ask you to make sure there is a closeup shot of the vehicle. If it has a Redcat body and it is from the factory we purchase from, we don't go any further to see if it was originally purchased from us or one of our dealers. Therefore, if the body is Redcat color schemes and the car itself is from the same factory than of course we allow the submission to the contest since there is no other way to really check to make 100% sure came from our warehouse.

Of course if you were to take a Redcat body and put it on a Traxxas for example, we would not allow this.

Our goals with the contests are to get the Redcat brand named products seen by people through videos.

We realize that many buy a Redcat and make changes, either through engine, wheels, shock upgrades and more. If we believe the car is not a Redcat or it is just too hard to tell, we will ask for more pictures to prove it.

Darin
Old 01-02-2008, 05:57 PM
bjack29

my redcat tornado bb clutch bell is getting hot what could be the probelm
Old 01-02-2008, 06:01 PM
bjack29

darin what could i do to to stop my clutch bell from getting to hot
Old 01-02-2008, 06:41 PM
Redcat Nick

where are you driving your car? also are you babying the throttle? take your clutch bell off and get some sand paper and scuff up the clutch bell and clutch shoes for a better grip
Old 01-02-2008, 10:01 PM
5lagd

If i buy a Ford (for example) and any time a part breaks or needs replacement on my car i buy them from Pep Boys, does that make my car a Pep Boy instead of a Ford?????????????????lmao, sorry couldnt resist...........
Old 01-02-2008, 10:09 PM
Macanan

If you spend more money on the parts then what the car is worth, the yes you could call it a pep boys car.
that would meen it would have to be there brand axles and all.
Old 01-02-2008, 10:25 PM
5lagd

sorry dude didnt mean any harm..... ive got an exceed forza nitro that, when something breaks, im getting redcat parts. so i am in the same boat.