Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: What people think about Redcat

I'm never (hopefully) going to tell my LHS that I have a redcat. I can just imagine what he'll say.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

why should you not be proud of what you have, its yours. Be proud of what you have no matter what it costs or what name brand it is.
    125 characters and 2 lines is not enough to list my RC obsession!!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Heck ya, I'm thinking of even making my Tornado my first shelf queen LOL, get it all shiney with all aluminum parts

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: pede_kid

I'm never (hopefully) going to tell my LHS that I have a redcat. I can just imagine what he'll say.
    I have no problem at all telling people I have redcats. If they do not like it then too bad, don't look at it when it is passing you.If he cannot say anything positive to you when you go into his shop with your truck then he does not care too much about his business. There are tons of parts from brands that fit and accessories that fit multiple models you can buy from him and he can make money. It is a hobby and everyone likes there own stuff, he is supposed to be there to help you and not criticize you for what you own. If it was not for someone buying the redcat some people would not even be in the hobby and possibly giving him alot more business in the future.
    Don\'\'t jump on the bandwagon...CRUSH IT

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

lol redcat makes some great products i have the monsoon and my bro in law has the shockwave we love both of them and even if i had paid 400-500 i'd be just as happy with it, these trucks are great and i will stand behind them 100%. Plus now that they come with the computer radios i believe that redcat owns the entry level market, who else does that losi? then again they cost twice as much! So all and all we should take things as they are go out have fun and lets not bash people that have equipment thats entry level or w/e and just try to help each other with the problems that we do run into isn't that what this web site is all about anyways, well other than its to show off a little too JM2C

Josh
    Plane- A lot Truck- RC Monsoon, DTX Warhead & CC, T-maxx 3.3, TL LST2, AE MGT8 Heli- Esky HBK2, FHH 480, HK450, HK500

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: ehroof

why should you not be proud of what you have, its yours. Be proud of what you have no matter what it costs or what name brand it is.
    Exactly--I own 3 Redcats and a Himoto-my neighbor a redcat and my youngest grandson got a redcat from me for Christmas
    I've literly knocked the crap out of my cats and broke only a few parts.
    My son and older grandson have 7 Traxxas's between them,my sons 2 friends the same and they used to race RC's for years
    My son has a track he built and all these guys see how well my cats do and they are totally impressed
    Hobby shops= there is one about 8 miles from me and though now badmouthing my choice of RC's,I didn't quite like his mini attitude,so if really needed I travel 40 miles to the next hobby shop===but 99.9% of my parts,fuel and supplies are bought on line
    Tower hobbies,allaboutfunhobbies,clermontmotorsports and redcatracing-know me by my first name LOL

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Wow, that One guy on there went ape crap about hating redcat so much and some other things i shouldnt mention....its getting a bit outta hand[&:]

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I agree with enduser cause I went to the hobby store to get some extra glow plugs and the same thing happened to me. He was like Those things are unrealiable and he was saying how there was no costumer or support or anything and how he wont even fix them anymore. He was saying how I should buy form more popular companies and I was just tihnking that whole time, "im not spending 400 and some dollars for an rc when I've got money going towards other stuff,redcat has done me good and is a great company." I took it in there when I broke something and he was like thats too complicated and wouldnt fix it so I took it home and ordered some parts and fixed my car in about an hour or two.
    TOYOTA \"T\"he \"O\"ne \"Y\"ou \"O\"ught \"T\"o \"A\"void

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: zeen420

Wow, that One guy on there went ape crap about hating redcat so much and some other things i shouldnt mention....its getting a bit outta hand[&:]
    I've learned in life to ignore the ignorant and savor the brilliant <G> So I'd say this guy is on the bottom of the food chain alrightee
    I do not badmouth anyones choice on anything and I expect the same in return
    DOUG

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

agreed [8D] lol
    Plane- A lot Truck- RC Monsoon, DTX Warhead & CC, T-maxx 3.3, TL LST2, AE MGT8 Heli- Esky HBK2, FHH 480, HK450, HK500

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I went a bought a 1/10 buggy from nitrorcx. It states that it is a beginner car and I paid $140.00 for the car, starter kit, and shipping. The car is the exact copy of the Redcar Tornado down to the manual and part number. I love the car and my son is having a blast with it. I cannot see paying $300.00 for an entry level car. I enjoy these forums and really take all that I read with a grain of salt.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Maybe you guys should look at things from a different perspective: The original post asked if Redcat 1/8 scale was any good, has anyone seen any at their tracks, and he had $300 to spend. He already has a radio. The general consensus is to buy another brand. Some posts were certainly out of hand, and some were quite a bit overboard (some of mine and quite a few from a few people on here). If you bought one of these and are happy, great for you. If you really think you are going to show up at a track and blow past others, as has been stated many times, then you are being foolish.

I don't agree with a hobby shop owner not helping or putting down your purchase, but on the other hand, if parts are not available and the quality is not very good, what would you want him to do? Stock parts for every rc made? Or be content with ordering you some parts, knowing that you will be buying them much more often than if you had purchased another brand? I see many people have also had many bad things to say about Traxxas. Funny that people here have a problem with others putting down redcat, but you have no problems putting down other companies.

I have owned a few traxxas rc's, and have found them to be very durable, and customer service was absolutely first rate. I bought what I believed to be a defective glow plug and they sent me one for free. I bought a fuel bottle and it split, they sent one for free. A friend of mine had his engine go bad, he was not the original owner, sent it to traxxas, they sent him a brand new one for free. Guess what? Their parts are available everywhere, but according to lots of you, they are junk.

So if you have no problem putting down other companies and rc's that others own, stand up and be happy when others do it to you instead of whining about it. Don't want to hear someone say that Redcat is junk? Than don't ask what they think of Redcat.

Have I owned a Redcat? No. Have I seen them and driven them? Yes. Would I recommend them? No. It is great that all of you defend a company that has no truth in advertising. Show me actual proof that your Redcat does 80 mph, as claimed for the hurricane, or 60 mph as claimed for the Tornado. Actual speeds vary with tuning, fuel, altitude and many other factors? Show me that anyone anywhere has achieved these speeds. Traxxas certainly strectches things, the rustler vxl 70+ mph? With lipo power it will, but falls quite a bit short on NiMH, which is what most will use, but claiming the speeds Redcat does is an outright lie.

Also, many have claimed that redcat is a good entry level rc. Is the 1/8 scale Hurricane as good as a Cen Matrix? Or a HB LSP? Or the Sportwerks Turmoil? These are just a few of the companies that make products in the same price range as the Hurricane. Most have suggested them over redcat, and people want to say that the redcat would be just as good if not a better purchase? Are you serious? A company that, everything else aside, parts are not available at most hobby shops. That in itself would make another brand a better purchase, especially if you plan on racing, since you will break something and need a replacement part.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

[quote]ORIGINAL: badaml

Maybe you guys should look at things from a different perspective: The original post asked if Redcat 1/8 scale was any good, has anyone seen any at their tracks, and he had $300 to spend. He already has a radio. The general consensus is to buy another brand. Some posts were certainly out of hand, and some were quite a bit overboard (some of mine and quite a few from a few people on here). If you bought one of these and are happy, great for you. If you really think you are going to show up at a track and blow past others, as has been stated many times, then you are being foolish.[quote]

[quote]

There are a couple of people on this forum that have seen my monsoon run and know it has no problem keeping up with much more expensive trucks!! Also some vids to prove it too here. You are very wrong in YOUR persective about 1/8th scale redcats and even for the hurricane, we run them everyweek and some guys even raced them and beat out the CEN, LOSI, and others in the race with a stock hurricane.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

What if you bought a Yugo, lol?
    Mugen M-Spec MBX6 Buggy & MBX6T Truggy

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: badaml

Have I owned a Redcat? No. Have I seen them and driven them? Yes. Would I recommend them? No. It is great that all of you defend a company that has no truth in advertising. Show me actual proof that your Redcat does 80 mph, as claimed for the hurricane, or 60 mph as claimed for the Tornado. Actual speeds vary with tuning, fuel, altitude and many other factors? Show me that anyone anywhere has achieved these speeds. Traxxas certainly strectches things, the rustler vxl 70+ mph? With lipo power it will, but falls quite a bit short on NiMH, which is what most will use, but claiming the speeds Redcat does is an outright lie.
    This is exactly my problem...... I don't mind if you have negative things to say about a product but at least have hands on experience for yourself. I mean seriously, how can you form a valid opinion based on watching a couple at the track?!?!?! Thats like me saying I could run formula one just because I watched a race on TV. I firmly believe that you need to own a product, beat on it for awhile before you can even form an opinion. Now on to the speed ratings; please show me where Redcat advertises these speeds you claim. Please don't send me an ebay link cause that is simply misguided dealers. You will not find any speed ratings anywhere on Redcats site at all, but please I challenge you to hop on their online tech support and ask about speeds for yourself.

Also, many have claimed that redcat is a good entry level rc. Is the 1/8 scale Hurricane as good as a Cen Matrix? Or a HB LSP? Or the Sportwerks Turmoil? These are just a few of the companies that make products in the same price range as the Hurricane. Most have suggested them over redcat, and people want to say that the redcat would be just as good if not a better purchase? Are you serious? A company that, everything else aside, parts are not available at most hobby shops. That in itself would make another brand a better purchase, especially if you plan on racing, since you will break something and need a replacement part.
    I do not believe anyone ever said that Redcat was better then any of those brands, but that it was simply a cheaper alternative. The base model RTR Hurricane goes for $250, how much do those other brands you suggested go for?? As said a dozen or more times before, we are not suggesting Redcat as the ultimate competition machine but simply an affordable entry level car.

I honestly think a few of you are just a little butt hurt that we are having just as much fun with our Redcats and still have $ in the bank.
    Derek Hastings - Affordable RC - affordablerc@gmail.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I dunno, man. I just bought a used LST2 in great shape with a BUNCH of aftermarket parts for $250 as a gift for one of my old Army buddies, and I just bought a CRT X1 Pro roller for $160 shipped, with a bunch of really expensive upgrades.
    You can get some really good deals on high quality used stuff if ya look for a bit

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: IL2mSturmovik

I dunno, man. I just bought a used LST2 in great shape with a BUNCH of aftermarket parts for $250 as a gift for one of my old Army buddies, and I just bought a CRT X1 Pro roller for $160 shipped, with a bunch of really expensive upgrades.
    You can get some really good deals on high quality used stuff if ya look for a bit
    I agree, but some people do not want something that someone has run already and have to put motor and electronics and stuff. Alot of people who buy redcats just want to open the box, run it and have fun. As they learn more and more they can upgrade there machines like I did my monsoon and even buy other stuff. But with the right driver and a well maintained car the redcats 1/8th's can go and compete no problem, and also I do not mean at the pro level but and club races and stuff just having fun. I know I do and I own alot more expensive models and have just as much fun with my redcats. Hell I have even had people come up to me when running my monsoon asking me to see it thinking that it was a cen matrix because of my body and were impressed with it and they are shocked when I tell them it is a redcat monsoon and show it to them

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

looks like that post over there has been removed[X(][X(]

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Maybe you guys should look at things from a different perspective: The original post asked if Redcat 1/8 scale was any good, has anyone seen any at their tracks, and he had $300 to spend. He already has a radio. The general consensus is to buy another brand. Some posts were certainly out of hand, and some were quite a bit overboard (some of mine and quite a few from a few people on here). If you bought one of these and are happy, great for you. If you really think you are going to show up at a track and blow past others, as has been stated many times, then you are being foolish.

I don't agree with a hobby shop owner not helping or putting down your purchase, but on the other hand, if parts are not available and the quality is not very good, what would you want him to do? Stock parts for every rc made? Or be content with ordering you some parts, knowing that you will be buying them much more often than if you had purchased another brand? I see many people have also had many bad things to say about Traxxas. Funny that people here have a problem with others putting down redcat, but you have no problems putting down other companies.

I have owned a few traxxas rc's, and have found them to be very durable, and customer service was absolutely first rate. I bought what I believed to be a defective glow plug and they sent me one for free. I bought a fuel bottle and it split, they sent one for free. A friend of mine had his engine go bad, he was not the original owner, sent it to traxxas, they sent him a brand new one for free. Guess what? Their parts are available everywhere, but according to lots of you, they are junk.

So if you have no problem putting down other companies and rc's that others own, stand up and be happy when others do it to you instead of whining about it. Don't want to hear someone say that Redcat is junk? Than don't ask what they think of Redcat.

How can you possibly talk about something you dont or have never owned? The claimed speeds were supposed to be kph not mph and is now changed. I have radar'd my volcano at 31mph and tornado xp at 42mph. Not bad for 1/10 and close to other companies in the same scale except the jato. When you own a redcat, chime in.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The $250 LST2 I bought was completely RTR, just fyi
    ORIGINAL: vnmsgt

I agree, but some people do not want something that someone has run already and have to put motor and electronics and stuff. Alot of people who buy redcats just want to open the box, run it and have fun. As they learn more and more they can upgrade there machines like I did my monsoon and even buy other stuff. But with the right driver and a well maintained car the redcats 1/8th's can go and compete no problem, and also I do not mean at the pro level but and club races and stuff just having fun. I know I do and I own alot more expensive models and have just as much fun with my redcats. Hell I have even had people come up to me when running my monsoon asking me to see it thinking that it was a cen matrix because of my body and were impressed with it and they are shocked when I tell them it is a redcat monsoon and show it to them

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

used rc's dont go for much money

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Exactly, my point. $300 for a Monsoon, or $250 for a used LST2 with $100+ worth of nice mods

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Exactly, my point. $300 for a Monsoon, or $250 for a used LST2 with $100+ worth of nice mods
    Why would I spend money on someone else's problem when I could get a brand new item for less. Even if I was to buy a used RC car I'd still would have spent way more then I did for my Volcano SV. On top of that you have no idea how they treated the engine.

We're talking about entry level toys here where people who wanted to get in the hobby before but like me couldn't justify paying $500 for a car. At half the price it was a no brainer.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: enduser

Why would I spend money on someone else's problem when I could get a brand new item for less. Even if I was to buy a used RC car I'd still would have spent way more then I did for my Volcano SV. On top of that you have no idea how they treated the engine.

We're talking about entry level toys here where people who wanted to get in the hobby before but like me couldn't justify paying $500 for a car. At half the price it was a no brainer.

What makes you assume its "someone elses problem"?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i would go $300 for a new monsoon, i learned my lesson with used rc's, most of the times the engine is shot and alot of slipshot workmanship and some really crappy repairs. The monsoon is a great truck and for 300 your getting your moneys worth.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast