Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

What people think about Redcat

Old 01-04-2008, 02:01 PM
IL2mSturmovik

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What people think about Redcat

I have actually had great luck with used rcs, just do your research, and pay a good price.
BTW, teh $250 LST2, has about a gallon through it, and running perfect, but I klnow what ya mean, my bros aftershock had several problems he bought off of e-bay.
So there IS an inherant chance of teh used one being abused or owned by a moron, lol
Old 01-04-2008, 08:37 PM
rc_crazy21

I have bought a few used lemons in my time, many were right here on RCU. I prefer brand new or if used it needs to look brand new!
Old 01-04-2008, 08:54 PM
kuppler

Hello,
I have a Redcat Volcano SV. and i love it..... I got my coworker Rich (Redharris) To get a Volcano SV and another one of my buddy's to get a Tornado BB... and they both like them allot. im also trying to get my LHS to stock redcat. i have taken my SV to my LHS and he looks at it and likes it.. so lets hope he will stock them and have parts.. so we will see...
And i would like to say thanks to Eddie (ehroof) for all the support he has given me and HELP with my Volcano SV and to all the other people as well...
Thanks,
Adam
Old 01-04-2008, 09:07 PM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

your welcome brother, i am glad i was able to help you out and I made a good friend at the same time!!
Old 01-04-2008, 09:12 PM
kuppler

ORIGINAL: ehroof

your welcome brother, i am glad i was able to help you out and I made a good friend at the same time!!
yea i also made a good friend.... to bad you live on the East coast.. and im on the west....
well ill talk to you later bro...
Old 01-04-2008, 09:34 PM
webbl19

you know if LHS guys were smart and not such dicks about redcats they would start carrying the parts for them, cause accourding to some of them the redcats are junk and unreliable which would mean that people would need parts so they could probably make more money if they were to stock them. i know there are a ton more people out there that have redcats and go to those stores. you would think after the 50th person that walked in the door with a cheaper nitro they would get the hint. i myself would like it if my LHS would sell parts but i dont like going in there from the attitude they gave me last time i went in there.
Old 01-10-2008, 10:29 PM
Redharris

Quote, "Best part was the attitude I got from a local retailer who looked at me like a had a booger on my face after I brought in my Volcano to get some glow plugs and a temp guage. "Oh another one of those" "It'll be brokeen in 10 min, next time buy something better"

Yah eat it buddy. Wrong attitude towards a new customer." Unquote.

LMAO....thats the Same response I got from My LHS. And I felt the same way you did. SO... I stopped by the LHS in the town where I Work (30 miles away) . They were freindly and interested in seeing my Redcat! Can you guess where I shop? Im trying to talk him into being a Dealer for Redcat, as I have a couple freinds who have Redcats also. No luck yet, but I think the day is comming when we will see Redcats at a Lot of LHS.
Get em while they are still Cheap, my freinds!
Old 01-10-2008, 10:31 PM
pede_187

Old 01-12-2008, 12:39 AM
zeen420
Banned

well had to post this, was at another forum that i frequently go to...and wanted to post some pics of my rims, and this is what i got ( starts about half way)....

http://www.therczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16137
Old 01-12-2008, 02:36 AM
firebird78

zeen nice wheels....ignore the jerks.... it was odvios your friend mabe them for YOU... I dont see were he was trying to sell wheels...or other parts for that matter.. funny guys like that dont even know how stupid they look when they go off like that...I just got in the hobby and a cane is my first buggy....they can hate redcat all they want...but ive been to tracks and watched high end cars break...and yes my cane has broke...but the crash my cane went through I'd hate to see what all would be broke on a high end car...I feel like I made the right choice on my purchase no matter how much I spent...I got a tank of a car for close to half the money of a high end car...to anyone on here looking to get into the hobby, or just curious as to weather redcat is worth it....at this time I only own a cane pro (monsoon and a lighting in near future I hope)but in my opinion its a great starter buggy thats strong as hell....and darn close if not just as fast as the high end buggies at the track 100 miles from my home..... the haters claim theres no support....thats bs...thanks to all the great guys on here im learning way faster then i thought....parts????...im begining to think a person should keep some spares on hand...and clermont ships really really fast...dont know about the other dealers that frequent this forum, have not purchased from them as of yet...but were I live I'd have to drive 100 miles or more one way to get to an lhs anyway so I shop online for most everything .... the supports there....parts are available....and ive seen several posts from the ceo and other suits I wonder how many times the ceo from ofna, losi, etc etc are posting on forums...and dont tell me that the others products are of such quality they dont need to,,, thats bs.....if it has **** or wheels ur gonna have problems.......thats my .02
Old 01-12-2008, 08:29 AM
zeen420
Banned

ORIGINAL: firebird78

zeen nice wheels....ignore the jerks.... it was odvios your friend mabe them for YOU... I dont see were he was trying to sell wheels...or other parts for that matter.. funny guys like that dont even know how stupid they look when they go off like that...I just got in the hobby and a cane is my first buggy....they can hate redcat all they want...but ive been to tracks and watched high end cars break...and yes my cane has broke...but the crash my cane went through I'd hate to see what all would be broke on a high end car...I feel like I made the right choice on my purchase no matter how much I spent...I got a tank of a car for close to half the money of a high end car...to anyone on here looking to get into the hobby, or just curious as to weather redcat is worth it....at this time I only own a cane pro (monsoon and a lighting in near future I hope)but in my opinion its a great starter buggy thats strong as hell....and darn close if not just as fast as the high end buggies at the track 100 miles from my home..... the haters claim theres no support....thats bs...thanks to all the great guys on here im learning way faster then i thought....parts????...im begining to think a person should keep some spares on hand...and clermont ships really really fast...dont know about the other dealers that frequent this forum, have not purchased from them as of yet...but were I live I'd have to drive 100 miles or more one way to get to an lhs anyway so I shop online for most everything .... the supports there....parts are available....and ive seen several posts from the ceo and other suits I wonder how many times the ceo from ofna, losi, etc etc are posting on forums...and dont tell me that the others products are of such quality they dont need to,,, thats bs.....if it has **** or wheels ur gonna have problems.......thats my .02
well explained! and so true!...
Old 01-12-2008, 09:34 AM
ranger4x4

you know you guys are right. it seems every place i have seen or been to, someone always trying to cram what they like down other peoples throats. like 3 weeks ago i was at a truckstop in atlanta georgia. i was parked beside this gut who had a nice truck, it was a new peterbuilt. i own 3 kenworths. a black one, a gold one, and a purple one. they all have big cummins engines 13 speed tranny's and lots of lights. oh yea they are not new but they were all made from 97 to 99. those trucks are not of show quality but they look great and they are paid for. anyway this guy starts sayin how much better his pete is. and how crappy my kw is. but when i asked him why my 3 kw's that are paid for(no monthly payments of $2500/month like his) he didn't have an answer. i am just getting into this hobby and don't need someone cramming what they like down my throat. ok so i bought a redcat, if someone don't like it, and wanna bash it don't talk to me. i don't have time for small minded people who are hung up on brand names.every company out there at one time or another has to start somewhere. i don't care what you buy, what it is. or where it's made. IT WILL BREAK AT SOME POINT!!! it's my money and i will buy what i want, from who i want. and anyone who tells me i'm wrong for buying that brand? and that what they have is better. i'm glad they like what they have. because i like what i have.i used my money to get it, not their money, they have no reason to bi$#h.this is a hobby and most people won't spend big bucks on a name just start out. but most who do like what they start with will stay with that name. sorry for the long rant but people who constantly bash other peoples choices really pi$$ me off.just like that guy with that pete, he got what he deserved for bashing my purple kw though. 5 teeth on the truckstop parking lot and 12 stitches. because he said my old crappy truck wasn't good enough to be parked next to his. what an ***** hole!!!!!![sm=48_48.gif]
Old 01-12-2008, 09:59 AM
CORR

All cars have their issues, but for $600 you should not have to shim diff's and worry about blowing diff bearings, and plastic chassis braces...I wont mention any names..Cough**8ight**Cough.

For what the other cars cost, I can't believe what problems they have. Let 'em hate on Redcat..I can't hear them over the sound of my engine

Edit: Oh yeah, and the crap they say about low quality...I would love to see one of their buggy's walk away as good as mine did after the 10 foot cartwheel I took. (landed on all fours) Only tore a manifold gasket.
Old 01-12-2008, 10:09 AM
CORR

Didn't feel like editing again..

About the name brand stuff...If the Hurricane had been branded Kyosho ( or any other "big" name) there would be a completely different attitude. Sad but true. Crazy since alot of the haters have never seen a Redcat in the flesh.
Old 01-12-2008, 10:10 AM
coostv

BAH. Forget 'em. I like the wheels. I would have a hard time justifying the expense to myself, but that does not mean others shouldn't. Obviously, something broke on the car he "owned" that he thought should not have broke. Big freaking deal. I blew a spur gear on mine, does this have me crying Redcats are junk? Not so much. Will I break more parts, you bet.

Bottom line is do not even bother to reply to the losers who think their stuff is better. I liked your responses, but I think silence would have been even better. Replying just eggs the losers on. I think it would be better just to reply to someone else who had a positive comment and ignore the negative.

My $.02
Old 01-12-2008, 10:13 AM
motodude11
My Feedback: (1)

Wow just read that thread you posted (nice rims by the way!!) and i can not believe the arrogance that happens in some of these threads since he has had two redcat's he's an expert now [sm=lol.gif] thats a joke don't even bother listening to idiots like that. You like your stuff and all us other proud redcat owners like it too!! Just don't even bother with people like that there not worth the aggravation. Trust me look in the warhead thread sometime there usually someone going on there saying its a piece of crap when we are all trying to help eachother out.[:@] I hate morons!

Josh
Old 01-12-2008, 10:13 AM
CORR

I agree about ignoring them..but you gotta give it up for his passion and sticking up for his suff.
Give it to 'em bud [sm=punching.gif]
Old 01-12-2008, 11:11 AM
shoota0075

ok, after you create a acount ,where do u go to read what you guys are talking about? after i created a acount ,clicked on the link ,it than said i do not have permission to view this forum, but it lets me view all the other forums ( Whats up ?)
Old 01-12-2008, 11:14 AM
ehroof

i know exactly who that is, he is also on the forums here too, if you look at the signature you will figure it out, about battery packs, take whatever he says with grain of salt because a grain of salts opinion is worth more than his opinion. He's always coming around starting trouble.

his name rymes with nemo, lol
Old 01-12-2008, 03:04 PM
zeen420
Banned

LOL Ehroof!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and thank ya for the rims comment motodude! love these puppies!...But ya... I guess to stay quite was the best thing to do.. but the guy didn't shut up and then he started to bring my friends products into it and calling them junk so i hand enuf... oh ya.. you won't find the post any more.. I had the admin delete it.. told him some people cant keep their ignorant opinions to themselves..... And thats why I keep coming back to RCU for all the help and support.
Old 01-12-2008, 05:19 PM
motodude11

best place to get it, learned alot about all my truck from here, hey guys is this funny or what my redcat monsoon is the only one up and running right now!!! My warhead is plagued with tranny problems and my tmaxx is apart for hop ups go figure the truck everyone puts down is the only one running!! How ironic?! Hey got a quick redcat question does anyone else have problems with there truck getting hits and activating the fail safe? Seems to kick in alot and have the same fail safe in other trucks and they work fine the only difference is im using the redcat FM radio.
Old 01-12-2008, 05:34 PM
bash_N_corn

What fail safe is it though??...Just curious.
Old 01-12-2008, 06:09 PM
motodude11

duratrax (please dont bash it, it is a good fail safe have it on the two other trucks and my dad has it on his two and it works great)
Old 01-12-2008, 11:53 PM
pede_187

Today I went into my LHS with my Volcano and at first the guy told me, "I can't get parts for that". Between me telling him I now where to get parts, some aluminum upgrades I had installed and the Brushless system.........I think he realized I'm not a complete noob with a redcat and that I know what I'm doing.
Old 01-13-2008, 12:14 AM
ehroof

you should have told him to start carrying them and the parts for them, told him how big of a calling there is for it and what a great product it is.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.