Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

What people think about Redcat

Well, was reading some of my forums and came across this a couple days ago...

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=196772

and its kind funny when you see that forum advertiseing Xtreme RC's

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: What people think about Redcat

Damn, those guys were pretty harsh. Most have never seen one much less run one.[:@]

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

that pinky guy used to or still is an advocate for himoto, same as redcat just not as good. I would put my monsoon or avalanche or hurricane against any of thier rc's.
    125 characters and 2 lines is not enough to list my RC obsession!!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I fixed em

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Awesome, im glad to see you guy's back this up with me

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

1/8TH scale Redcats are great for the money I love my Monsoon and Hurricane. 1/10th scales I do not have for off road so cannot say.
    Don\'\'t jump on the bandwagon...CRUSH IT

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

the tornado had a good review, shockwave too.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: FlyinGN

I fixed em

Not quite. The guys at RC Tech pretty much owned all the redcat fanboys.

So Xtreme rc advetises at rc tech, guess what...redcat advertises HERE and has its own forum.

Each website has its own group of fan boys that insist their cars are the best. its funny. just remember these are toy cars, no reason to get bend out of shape.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

LOL
    be careful when you use the word toy around some people. They get all defensive because they aren't toys they are hobby's
    A man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: infernos777

ORIGINAL: FlyinGN

I fixed em

Not quite. The guys at RC Tech pretty much owned all the redcat fanboys.

So Xtreme rc advetises at rc tech, guess what...redcat advertises HERE and has its own forum.

Each website has its own group of fan boys that insist their cars are the best. its funny. just remember these are toy cars, no reason to get bend out of shape.
    Huh? owned? what does that have anything to do with it? the thing is Xtreme is Redcat made by HSP

I agree...It's like arguing Dodge vs Ford, domestic vs import etc.... Opinions are like *****holes everyone has one. You can't win these arguments....

Prior to finding this forum I was under the impression that these were pure crap. After reading through actual user experiences and talking to a few folks here, I decided to take a shot and buy an Avalanche. I have 6 tanks through it so far with no problems. I have taken it on some small jumps and crashed it pretty good a couple of times and nothing has broken (once into the side of the house and another into the side of the pool).

I have found that all of the common items can be found at my LHS (fuel, clips, glow plugs, run oil, filter oil etc...). When I eventually break something major then I do not mind waiting a few days for the parts (maybe I deserve a time out!).

It seems to fit perfectly for what I was looking for in a HOBBY (LOL!) truck & so far I am very happy with it....

The only thing I do not like is pull starting so I have a drill start with wand on order.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: bennymetal

I agree...It's like arguing Dodge vs Ford, domestic vs import etc.... Opinions are like *****holes everyone has one. You can't win these arguments....

Prior to finding this forum I was under the impression that these were pure crap. After reading through actual user experiences and talking to a few folks here, I decided to take a shot and buy an Avalanche. I have 6 tanks through it so far with no problems. I have taken it on some small jumps and crashed it pretty good a couple of times and nothing has broken (once into the side of the house and another into the side of the pool).

I have found that all of the common items can be found at my LHS (fuel, clips, glow plugs, run oil, filter oil etc...). When I eventually break something major then I do not mind waiting a few days for the parts (maybe I deserve a time out!).

It seems to fit perfectly for what I was looking for in a HOBBY (LOL!) truck & so far I am very happy with it....

The only thing I do not like is pull starting so I have a drill start with wand on order.
    Exactly, Redcat is fairly new and they are working kinks out, and they are doing a great job

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

WOW we even Got Kemo over there talkin trash just crazy oh well Whos cares what people think I dont and it will soon be getting way out of hand due to the fact IGNORANT people think they are so much better than everyone else I will make the suggestion to just forget it before people start getting them selves in trouble
    Bodies By Blue-Airbrushes Bring Out The Artist In All Of Us!!
    All About Fun Hobbies

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Toy? Definsive? Hobby? It's a hobby. Note on the box of most rc cars (not TOY class) it says: "not a toy".

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Redcat Nick

LOL
    be careful when you use the word toy around some people. They get all defensive because they aren't toys they are hobby's
    I like to call them BIG BOY TOY"S

On the topic I would have to say that redcat has THE best support that anyone can ask out of a company, there is 24/7 support here, like in my case not knowing to much about nitro RC I went out and bought an exceed (cough cough) and joined in there forum and NOT once did I see an exceed rep trying to help out, only reps of redcat was there to help and converted me, it's redcat that has converted me to them, only do to the thanks of ehroof, AllAboutFunHobbies, Clermont Hobby, thoughs are just the names that come to mind right off hand, there is plenty more to thank for this, But all and all I give Redcat AAAAAAAAAA+++++++++
    OFFICIAL HIMOTO RACING SUPPORT - THE REVOLUTION HAS BEGUN
    http://himotoracing.com :: http://himotoracingusa.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Love my Monsoon!!!
    Plane- A lot Truck- RC Monsoon, DTX Warhead & CC, T-maxx 3.3, TL LST2, AE MGT8 Heli- Esky HBK2, FHH 480, HK450, HK500

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Oh my, i just had to see what was going on over there, told my self they were a waste of time but wow.. i had no idea some people could be so arrogant and well dicks, i just hope someone who has baught a redcat has a small problem, needs a bit of help goes to a forum like that and gets crap thrown in his/hers face

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. If they don't like Redcat than the don't like Redcat. What I found amusing though is what someone can say about me or others when they have no first hand information about them. I never met Kemo and is getting information from someone that I believe was fired or quit who I probably spent a total of an hour with when he worked for us.

Anyway, bottom line is nobody can prevent someone from having an opinion and if they don't like something, they can state it all they want as loud as they want.

Darin
    Darin Oreman
    REDCAT RACING / CEO

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Darin,

Your a great guy, i have never personally met you but you have always done right by me. I tell things like they are and i am sure most people who know me will say its true. Your an honest guy who is doing a great job of building up a business. Keep doing what you do and things will keep working for you and redcat racing will continue to thrive.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ive read there rantings and personally, AS LONG AS YOUR HAVING FUN, who care what anyone thinks.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

After reading that I had to start an account just to put in my .02. As previously stated, everyone has their opinions. I find it funny that I will walk into one shop and they will speak highly of one brand and go to another store and they will say that same brand is absolute crap. Opinions mean very little to me these days, I have to learn hand on for myself. I'm sure that we can all agree that Redcat is not the best stuff out there; it IS however a fantastic entry level car for the price.
    Derek Hastings - Affordable RC - affordablerc@gmail.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

This is the first time in 15 years that I played with an 1/10 scale RC car. Previously I've owned two Mugen Bulldogs, Traxxas SledgeHammer (Back when Traxxas was considered low budget entry level), RC 10T graphite, RC 10 Graphite and a Golden Arrow from Radio Shack :P Recently I've bought a RedCat Volcano SV and couldn't be happier with it. Yes I've broke a wheel an hour into breaking it in and I already broke a servo but for the money I paid I couldn't be happier. Sure I could have spent $500/600 more on a different car but I didn't want to and I would have be more worried about breaking the expensive kit then the cheap one.

Best part was the attitude I got from a local retailer who looked at me like a had a booger on my face after I brought in my Volcano to get some glow plugs and a temp guage. "Oh another one of those" "It'll be brokeen in 10 min, next time buy something better"

Yah eat it buddy. Wrong attitude towards a new customer.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I had a lhs that I went into with my Monsoon and he said it would not last long at all and while looking at it saying the chassis would bend in half and was week and should have bought something better. My monsoon has taken a beating and keeps going. Great truggy and I still say that while owning a hyper st pro and kyosho st-rr. Alot of these places will be eating there words when they will have to become a dealer of lose business because they are not.
    Don\'\'t jump on the bandwagon...CRUSH IT

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Eddie looks like you and Dennis have some fans from one of the posts I read.

Like Bennymetal said it all boils down to the age old debate Ford vs. Chevy Domestic vs. imports so one and so fourth.

I work in the Service Dept for a local Chrysler,Jeep,Dodge dealership I see those Vehicles broke on a daily basis. Do I own a Jeep yes 2. and their old inline 4.0 liter engines are as solid as they come, I had 350,000 ( NO BS ) miles on my 94' grand chrokee before I had to put cam bearings in it. Now I use it in the winter as a plow truck. But on the other hand I have 2 Chevys aswell one gave me tons of problems and the other is great no problems whatsoever...

Apples and oranges folks all it boils down to.

I have 2 redcats, My first was the Volcano SV Had a few problems at first but that was mainly due to being a noob, but I haven't had one problem with the Lightning at all...

WWW.HIMOTORACINGUSA.COM/ The Revolution Has Begun

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

yeah, i am famous. He just doesnt like to be put in his place.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast