Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Clutch bell Questions???

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2008, 01:55 PM
crazyeyes
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch bell Questions???

I would like to say this is a great place to find very helpful information
let me get started. I traded for a Volcano STX the transmission gears were shot. Before ordering parts I looked at this forum for information on the matter. So I bought upgraded clutch bell and spring and new gears, all 5 . My question is about the Traxxes spring. Reading the package it says (for higher stall) my first question. is the spring change for the higher stall or is the factory part low quality? I bought the clutch bell and spring from Tower hobbies and the gears from Jems marketing. No parts from Jems.
I waited so long for parts that I bought a new Tornado bb pro. Before running it I wanted to do some reading up on it. I read that I should change out the clutch bell and spring. So I ordered the 13/18 T clutch bell,bearing and a traxxes spring from Tower Hobbies. Parts came 2 days still no parts from Jems(3weeks).
I started replacing the clutch and notice that the one I took off isn’t aluminum like the volcano but what looks and feels to be steel. So my second question is does this clutch bell really need to be replaced? I did it anyway. And my last question is am I the only one having trouble understanding the radios owners manual? which didn’t come with the buggy I downloaded it from redcat racing. It seems to be in broken English and I cant figure out how to set the trim.
Thanks in advance for any help you can give.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qn38401.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	75.9 KB
ID:	845811  
Old 01-08-2008, 02:13 PM
xjedix

Default RE: Clutch bell Questions???

From what I have read the new Tornado BB and BB Pro come with a steel clutch bell and a better clutch spring. This has solved the issues the older models had. You could cancel the order with Jems and just throw the stock Tornado parts on your Volcano.

PS- Very nice Tornado, the aluminum parts look sexy.
Old 01-08-2008, 02:57 PM
crazyeyes

I read that you can lighten the clutch shoes to achieve a higher stall. Has anyone tried this instead of replacing the clutch spring?
Old 01-08-2008, 04:00 PM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the newer redcats come with steel clutch bell and upgraded spring and shoes. You can cut some off the shoes to make it engagae at a higher rpm, hpi sells a clutch shoe designed for that purpose that fits redcats cars. Alot of people seem to be having problems with jems, you should write and email to redcat and let them know. the trim are the little knobs on the radio, you need to have them set so the wheels are straight when not turning and the throttle is at idle when not touching the throttle.
Old 01-08-2008, 05:40 PM
crazyeyes

My tornado pro came with a FM digital controller that doesn't come with the traditional trim knobs but trim buttons. somehow you have to set the buttons and then enter it in the controllers memory.
Old 01-08-2008, 08:20 PM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

digital you mean, wow, the 1/10 are coming with digital too, nice
Old 01-08-2008, 08:37 PM
rc_crazy21

1/10 scale Pro models have the FM radios now, as far as i know the others come with regular AM.
Old 01-08-2008, 08:56 PM
5lagd

boohoo, my tsunami ultrawide came with the same remote as my exceed 1/10 nitro buggy. lol, and the same frequency. i guess i have a backup radio and only use half of the batteries.