Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

servos/FM radio system

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2008, 04:42 PM
BackYardRacer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default servos/FM radio system

Alright i havent been on in forever so i mighta missed if somebody posted the info on how to work the digital FM radio system. but i just put 2 new servos in my monsoon, they work fine, but they are both reversed now. I turn left they go right, brake is throttle, throttle is brake. lol its really hard to drive that way i tried yesterday. The only thing i really know how to do with the FM radio is steering and throttle trim.

If somebody can could give me a few steps on how to change them back to normal that would be great. its alloooot easier with the simple AM radios lol

thanks
Old 01-10-2008, 07:00 PM
bash_N_corn

Default RE: servos/FM radio system

There should be settings in your radio to switch your controls from normal to reverse operation, I had to reverse mine when I got my hurricane. If your radio is like mine, (stock redcat FM) turn it on and press the SEL button 12 times....the display should show REV-ST...REV means its the reverse controls menu....ST means for the steering function, near the top of the display it will show the current setting (off or on) + or - buttons changes the setting.... the CH button will change the function from ST (steering) to TH (throttle) to 3C (spare 3rd channel)...

So to reverse your throttle/brake: 1. Turn on radio
2. Then press the SEL button 12 times
3. Then press the CH button
4. Then press the + or - button

To reverse your steering repeat above steps skipping step 3

Hope this helps!
Old 01-10-2008, 09:12 PM
powder coat guy

what about all the other functions do you know what they mean? it is very confusing
Old 01-10-2008, 09:29 PM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

they are for servo throw, etc. i will eventually get to making a video tutorial for it, i have just had my hands full for the past month or so. things will hopefull be getting back to normal in the next few week.
Old 01-10-2008, 11:20 PM
mrlee2071

I just received my new Hurricane Pro with the FM controler. The DT1 trim button does not operate in the same manner as the other buttons (only clicks in one direction). Is this normal? I seems to only increse the number on the LED readout.
Any information you can give me would be helpful. I am an old guy who is returning to RC after 30 years of being side tracked with life.
I have been reading the forum now for a couple of days and am impressed with the help that is avalible out there!
You folks are great.
Old 01-11-2008, 04:18 AM
bash_N_corn

The DT1 button is to adjust the steering trim (TRM-ST) when pressed from the right side twards the left it should decrease and when pressed from left to the right it should increase. The adjustment range is -100 (far left I believe) to 0 ( nuetral) to 100 (far right I believe) there is a small arrow below the number that confirms the adjustment to the left (-100) or right (100) from nuetral (0) Hope that helps!
Old 01-12-2008, 12:09 AM
mrlee2071

Thank you Bash, I did finaly figure that out and while doing so I found that the DT1 trim button is broken. It only adjusts to the right direction. Oh well, these things happen.
Thanks for the help.
Lee
Old 01-12-2008, 12:19 AM
bash_N_corn

Glad to help when I can!