Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Blinking red light on esc

Ok here goes, my second time out with the truck (electric volcano), it stops after about 1 minute of runtime. Steering still works. Pop the body off and see a blinking redlight light on the esc. I have not installed any of my new parts yet so this thing is totally stock. How do I go about diagnosing the blinking red light and figuring out why it won't move anymore ? I searched the forums for blinking light on esc and did not find anything, so forgive me if I am asking something that has been asked a million times.

Thanks guys,
    chris

RE: Blinking red light on esc

either the esc or the motor took a dump. Just unplug the motor, and plug the red and the black from the motor directly to the battery plug and if the motor spins, then the esc is shot..
    Cen truggy, Bigfoot 1/5th, Cen buggy, Mg16, Redcat Earthquake, Redcat Drifter

Awesome thanks !!

Hopefully it's the motor, I have a motor I was waiting to put in anyway. I was just waiting to get the new battery packs I ordered.

Thanks again !

chris

If it's the esc would this be something that would be warrantied ? I have only had the truck for less than a week and this was it's second run.

If it is a warranty issue, who do I contact ?

Thanks !
    chris

if the esc is bad. let me know and I will warranty it and mail you a replacement no problem.

OK awesome, I will test and let you know in a little bit.

chris

Ok I tested it like you said and sure enough the motor is OK. Do you want me to PM you my info ?

Thanks,
    chris

sure and Iwill get a replacement sent out tomorrow . (not sure who you bought it from dealer wise but I am here to help redcat out) If you dont mind, send me your contact info and mailing adress to Clermonthobby@embarqmail.com

I have e-mailed you my info and let me say I really appreciate you helping me out.

chris

no problem.. glad I could help out and it helps redcat out also.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

This has happened to mine also i was wondering if i could get a spare part somehow and what would it be? I only ran it for about 5 minites befor it did this

Red light blinking on my brand new red Cat volcano . . . is that normal?

HI Chris,

I got my son a redcat volcano for christmas, we used it for about a half hour, and it wont run for any longer than 12-15 seconds now. What can we do? Shall i take the steps above? Do you think i should return it?

chris[/QUOTE]

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by davidgemme72@gmail.com View Post
    HI Chris,

I got my son a redcat volcano for christmas, we used it for about a half hour, and it wont run for any longer than 12-15 seconds now. What can we do? Shall i take the steps above? Do you think i should return it?

chris
    [/QUOTE]
    did you get the EPX, or the EPX PRO version?
    What does the light on the speed control do when it stops working?
    Do you have another battery to try using?
    SC10rs, 1/6 hummer crawler, Kyosho Twin Force, Lunchbox project, Techone P51,