Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

check this guy out

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 03:01 PM
shoota0075

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default check this guy out

so, i have been writing this guy on ebay back and forth about why he hate's redcat so much , this is what he emailed me back ,is it me or doe's he have more than just a problem with redcat ..........you be the Judge

bbs53 (1476)
99.9% Positive Feedback
Member since Nov-03-00 in United States
Activity with bbs53 (last 90 days):I have bid on 0 items from bbs53
Activity with bbs53 (last 90 days):bbs53 has bid on 0 of my items

Dear andre7909,

I have been doing this for 20 + years and for 8 on ebay with 2500+ transactions. My shop bought the first Traxxas clone these Chinese rip offs put out and it was a pile of junk. RC Universe is not exactly the largest collection of geniuses on the planet, so we will let that go. I am not saying they have not improved but they are still a knock off of someone elses work. I will not sell anything Chinese for personal, quality and political reasons. If you choose to bash the crap out of one that is your privilege, I race every weekend and have yet to see one at our track, much less win something. That says more to me about what they are than your personal endorsement. None of the hobby shops in my area carry them, and besides the one we bought to try out, I have never seen another one. I am glad you got lucky and got one that works, we were not so fortunate and the mail I am getting is running about 10 to 1 against your luck. I also see no reason to prop up the economy of a communist dictatorship, but that is a personal decision. I have 2 partners and if they would make us money without a lot of grief we would carry them, but after our experience with them, I doubt that we would. Since then we have tested several other Chinese vehicles and have found that the gears are made out of used beer cans, the engines are junk and they are put together badly. I sell to a clientèle that races and it puts a lot more strain on a vehicle than just bashing around does. They are a disappointment to the first time buyer due to breakage and the difficulty of keeping the engine running, we are trying to get and keep people in the hobby and these are not the way to do that. It is a lot better especially with a new comer to sell him a truck or car that I know is going to work out of the box and keep working even though it goes through rookie mistakes, Traxxas, HPI, Mugen and several others make those, the Chinese stuff is junk. Good luck.

- bbs53
Old 01-17-2008, 03:08 PM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: check this guy out

funny part is most of the rc stuff in the industry is made in china. Redcat is not a knock of of traxxas, not even close.
Old 01-17-2008, 03:33 PM
FlyinGN

exactly. This guys knows nothing. Hes clueless. Guess where my Traxxas 4tec nitro is made? Taiwann... Like I have established before,. 99% al ALL rc cars are made in China or Taiwann. A few are make in Europe, US and Japan.. But very few..

ORIGINAL: ehroof

funny part is most of the rc stuff in the industry is made in china. Redcat is not a knock of of traxxas, not even close.
Old 01-17-2008, 04:16 PM
{GBI}Harryball

LOL, thanks for sharing this. I think the individual doesnt realize that tiawan R.O.C (republic of CHINA) is chinese made and ruled. I actually got a laugh out of this.
Old 01-17-2008, 04:42 PM
TThib

Straight from wikipedia...

Currently, as with all of recent Traxxas products, All Traxxas engines are now designed in house at their Plano, Texas head-quarters and manufactured in their own manufacturing facility located in Taiwan.
Old 01-17-2008, 04:49 PM
FlyinGN

engines and the car itself. Make sure you tell this moron.. If you want Ill email pics of the 'made in taiwain" sticker on the car and engine..
Old 01-17-2008, 05:19 PM
zeen420
Banned

Wow.. what a flippin tard
Old 01-17-2008, 05:19 PM
pede_187

There is an article in the traxxas forums which states that the engines (and probably the cars too) are made/designed in Taiwan.
Old 01-17-2008, 05:24 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Ok guys, we've had our fun now. But this subject really doesn't pertain the the topic of this forum, which is supporting Redcat Racing vehicles. I'm locking this thread

Ken