Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

New Radio and Servos NEED HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2008, 11:41 AM
MgSuPrA101

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Radio and Servos NEED HELP!

Hey guys whatsup! I got a new Futaba Radio and servos for Xmas and I have a Hurricane that im going to be installing this into, I too out all the wiring and the two old servos but i need help putting it back in. Anyone know of any good guides i can like use to kinda help me? I know how to do it but its a pain in the ass and i wanna make sure everything is good!Thanx for your help!
Old 01-26-2008, 11:44 AM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: New Radio and Servos NEED HELP!

what do you need to know? the hurricane is very east to put the electronics into.
Old 01-26-2008, 11:49 AM
MgSuPrA101

Well I took everything out and I pretty much remember how it goes in but like i wanna make sure the forward and left and right servos are connnected properly and like i have everything back in place to where its supposed to be cause i took out alot of **** lol. I took it out around new years and i havent touched it since, but tomorrow im supposed to put everything in and take the car out..So theres no exact problem ut it was a pain in the put to take everything out not i gotta put it all back in and i was wondering if there was anything i could go by.
Old 01-26-2008, 11:55 AM
ehroof

basically put the servo's in, the plugs go in thru the front of the radio box, put the system on, put the servo horns on the servo and go play, maybe check out the trim first.

i take the servo tray out to put the servo's in, makes is alot easier, its only a few screws.
Old 01-26-2008, 11:58 AM
MgSuPrA101

Yeah thats what i did i took out the whole tray and stuff but it was a pain to disconnect like the front servo arm and like i just want everything to go back in the right way.
Old 01-26-2008, 11:59 AM
ehroof

check out the redcat site, there are pictures of it in the gallery for the hurricane i would think, this way you know how it goes
Old 01-26-2008, 12:26 PM
MgSuPrA101

Yeah good idea, Thanx bro appreciate the help if I have any problems i'll post them up tomorrow when I get a chance but like you said I think i should be fine.
Old 01-27-2008, 03:43 AM
Redharris

ORIGINAL: MgSuPrA101

Well I took everything out and I pretty much remember how it goes in but like i wanna make sure the forward and left and right servos are connnected properly and like i have everything back in place to where its supposed to be cause i took out alot of **** lol. I took it out around new years and i havent touched it since, but tomorrow im supposed to put everything in and take the car out..So theres no exact problem ut it was a pain in the put to take everything out not i gotta put it all back in and i was wondering if there was anything i could go by.
The reciever should be labled CH1 and CH2. Just plug in ONE servo at a time and turn on the radio and actuate the servo. if the throttle servo moves when you turn the steering, then just plug it into the other channel. Probably a good idea to turn radio n receiver OFF when Plugging and UN-Plugging the servo.