Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Need advice for me Redcat Truck

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2011, 10:41 AM
Devman84

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need advice for me Redcat Truck

So I posted awhile ago about getting some advice on my first truck an no one responded but I went ahead and got a new Redcat Caldera 3.0 for $160 on ebay. I also got a starter kit, some engine lube and some 20% nitro. Is there anything else I might need? Also does anyone know of any clubs or anything for redcat people? Also Anyone know of any good upgrades? I was watching some vids of these things and I think I'd like to upgrade some shocks on this badboy. Or.. bigger tires? I haven't found a good website for buying parts yet.
Old 05-19-2011, 12:09 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Need advice for me Redcat Truck

there are many online redcat dealers(myself included) that you can buy parts from.
redcat has a bunch of alloy upgrades for the caldera:
"C" hubs, rear hubs, steering knuckles, shock towers ect.
steel spur gear
anti roll bars
1 piece motor mount
alloy servo saver
front/rear alloy suspension mounts

do you have air filter oil? never run a nitro without oiling the filter 1st!

was the caldera used? the min price is supposed to be 189.99 on those.

the caldera uses 2.8 inch rims with 12mm hex. 2.2inch rims will not fit on the caldera.

you can find many different style tires for 2.8 inch rims. dont know of any that will be any larger tho. not by much anyway.
Old 05-20-2011, 04:38 AM
billymare

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Fail safe and hump pack for the reciever. is this a used truck? if it's new get a metal geared servo for the steering. The stock one WILL fail.I get all my parts and trucks from URCHobby.com. Kurt is a great dealer! Oh, and welcome to the hobby
ORIGINAL: Devman84

So I posted awhile ago about getting some advice on my first truck an no one responded but I went ahead and got a new Redcat Caldera 3.0 for $160 on ebay. I also got a starter kit, some engine lube and some 20% nitro. Is there anything else I might need? Also does anyone know of any clubs or anything for redcat people? Also Anyone know of any good upgrades? I was watching some vids of these things and I think I'd like to upgrade some shocks on this badboy. Or.. bigger tires? I haven't found a good website for buying parts yet.
Old 05-20-2011, 05:47 AM
Devman84

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info guys. I'll check that website out and browse for some parts.

It is brand new and I will have to break the engine in. Which im not sure on how todo yet but hopfully I'll be able to find a website that details it for me.

So you cannot get bigger rims for the caldera? I've watched vids and I see it flipping alot.
I have air filter oil for a motorcycle. Is that the same?

That metal geared servo sounds like agood suggestion, I'll go ahead and order one of those.

List of things to get so far:
Metal geared servo
anti roll bar
front/rear alloy suspension mounts
*possibly shocktowers and steering knuckles.

Any other must haves?
Old 05-20-2011, 01:11 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

redcat has a bunch of how to vids here: http://www.redcatracing.com/informat...otraining.html

dont think the motor bike filter will work on any nitro.

www.hobbypartz.com has some very inexpensive metal geared high torque servos. around $12-$15.

either having a spare plastic spur gear or getting the steel spur gear is a good idea. the stock plastic ones usually last a good long time, but a really nasty landing with the throttle wide open can strip any spur gear.